Port Neches-Groves (8-4) vs. Manvel Mavericks (10-2) Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="indnfan" post="915919" timestamp="1290380313"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=76440.msg915918#msg915918 date=1290380141]
Coaching and defense wins this one...
[/quote]
Throw tunrovers in there also!
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Yea because there can't possibly be any good coaching at Manvel who's 10-2 and went 4-2 in a district who has all 4 teams still playing in the play-offs? [/b][/color]

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="915744" timestamp="1290372172"]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=76440.msg915602#msg915602 date=1290364066]
[quote author=bruinfan2006 link=topic=76440.msg915598#msg915598 date=1290363892]
What time does the tickets go on sale tomorrow?
[/quote]

8:00 am is what I heard, but people will be lining up by 5:30 or 6:00 am I'm sure since its the only day the tickets will be sold .  
[/quote]

I have decided against getting up early and going and standing in line.  I will send the kids about 2 to get our tickets.
[/quote]

I'm with you on that......there will be plenty of tickets to go around with the game being at Stallworth.

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="915983" timestamp="1290384089"]
[quote author=indnfan link=topic=76440.msg915919#msg915919 date=1290380313]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=76440.msg915918#msg915918 date=1290380141]
Coaching and defense wins this one...
[/quote]
Throw tunrovers in there also!
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Yea because there can't possibly be any good coaching at Manvel who's 10-2 and went 4-2 in a district who has all 4 teams still playing in the play-offs? [/b][/color]
[/quote]
I believe you took 7mary3 the wrong way ??? He couldnt of meant PNG with the word DEFENSE in his statement ???

No, what he meant was exactly that...coaching and defense wins this one...WHICHEVER team does it better!  Trust me, PNG has a ton of respect for Manvel and we know they are well coached and come from a tough district.  This game will be probably the best matchup so far, it doesn't get easier in the playoffs, each team has to play lights out! 

PN-G will pull it out in a close one!
28-21

PN-G will have to find that defensive fire that sparked them against us.  Really.  You cannot rely on outscoring people this deep in the playoffs.  3 rounds, the competition becomes quite stiff.  Trust me, this Jag fan have seen it.  This Manvel team is just as talented as you are on offense.  Something needs to give. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="916006" timestamp="1290385777"]
PN-G will have to find that defensive fire that sparked them against us.  Really.  You cannot rely on outscoring people this deep in the playoffs.  3 rounds, the competition becomes quite stiff.  Trust me, this Jag fan have seen it.  This Manvel team is just as talented as you are on offense.  Something needs to give. 
[/quote]

i talked to one of the PN-G players and he said the defense will be ready for Manvel. The PN-G coaches were up till early this morning watching film on Manvel. He says they will have a good game plan for Manvel and that the players are fired up and ready to take it to this team!!!

[quote name="indianforever" post="916011" timestamp="1290385998"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76440.msg916006#msg916006 date=1290385777]
[/quote]

i talked to one of the PN-G players and he said the defense will be ready for Manvel. The PN-G coaches were up till early this morning watching film on Manvel. He says they will have a good game plan for Manvel and that the players are fired up and ready to take it to this team!!!
[/quote]That's good.  If that Defense can make a few stops or perhaps force maybe 2 or 3 turnovers and don't turn the ball over yourself, I like the Indians' chances...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="916013" timestamp="1290386227"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=76440.msg916011#msg916011 date=1290385998]
[/quote]

[/quote]That's good.  If that Defense can make a few stops or perhaps force maybe 2 or 3 turnovers and don't turn the ball over yourself, I like the Indians' chances...
[/quote]

Soulja you gonna be there?

I have a theory and I hope I am right.  Most of the polls had us losing to Central and we all know how that worked out and if I'm correct most of them have us now losing to Manvel, so if that's what brings out the animal in our defense then I hope they ALL predict us to lose!!  ;D

[quote name="indianforever" post="916015" timestamp="1290386328"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76440.msg916013#msg916013 date=1290386227]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=76440.msg916011#msg916011 date=1290385998]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Soulja you gonna be there?
[/quote]I plan on it...

[quote name="NDNfan91" post="916032" timestamp="1290387357"]
I have a theory and I hope I am right.  Most of the polls had us losing to Central and we all know how that worked out and if I'm correct most of them have us now losing to Manvel, so if that's what brings out the animal in our defense then I hope they ALL predict us to lose!!   ;D
[/quote]Visualize the attack.  See those guys over there?  They are the Central Jaguars.  Visualize the attack, Indians!  - Coach Faircloth

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="916006" timestamp="1290385777"]
[/quote]Amen...  For PN-G to win they need to hold Manvel to under 35 points.  Manvel comes from a much tougher district (all 4 teams still left).  PN-G will need to stop the run between the tackles and not let the Manvel running backs get to the outside.  Manvel will be a big step up from Willis.

I know its Lamarque and how fast they are. but I was watching some videos on Youtube form the Lamarque and Manvel game  and looks like they had a bunch of arms tackles and look like Lamarque passed very well against them. And also looked like the offense does not take care of the football and when the QB gets pressure on him he didnt throw it away. Just observations. We come to play on top of our game and we will bring it home! Lets go NDN's and Good Luck Dayton

[quote name="liltex" post="916039" timestamp="1290387962"]
PNG has been in some close ball games lately.Indians need to tighten up the D a notch or 2 and they've got a shot to play another week.Hoping for success 2 ways as I want an all purple quarter final 8)
[/quote]

Yuk!  All purple?  Something's missing...  Hmm... ::) lol  

Manvel  42
PNG 31

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833