Dayton vs. LaMarque "Ghost of Playoffs Past"...Who ya' got

rollinac

[quote name="jhanel" post="916630" timestamp="1290455048"]
Im glad that I will be in town to make the game this weekend!  GO BRONCOS!
Here is a little video to get you pumped up!  I would like to thank Toups Graphics for all of the great video!

ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!

Jeff Hanel

[color=purple][b]Dayton Vs La Marque[/b][/color]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_YkYdyphrs
[/quote]Good Job! glad your back in action ! Go Brocno's !

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jayhawk" post="916720" timestamp="1290462115"]
[quote author=jhanel link=topic=76420.msg916630#msg916630 date=1290455048]
Im glad that I will be in town to make the game this weekend!  GO BRONCOS!
Here is a little video to get you pumped up!  I would like to thank Toups Graphics for all of the great video!

ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!

Jeff Hanel

[color=purple][b]Dayton Vs La Marque[/b][/color]
[/quote]Good Job! glad your back in action ! Go Brocno's !
[/quote]

Happy to do what I can! GO BRONCOS!!!

[quote name="elhector1" post="916731" timestamp="1290463305"]
Dayton vs PNG?  The whole freakin' world would run our of purple ink before that game was palyed...
[/quote]

Dayton has to take care of business versus La Marque first.

BUT...

Can you imagine all the negative karma that will be distributed if this game happens.  There will be 7 different polls and 18 threads about the past, present, and future of these two esteemed programs.  Heck, it needs it's own thread already.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="916361" timestamp="1290433971"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76420.msg916355#msg916355 date=1290433635]
[quote author=NEWBOOTBRONCO link=topic=76420.msg916351#msg916351 date=1290433275]
:oLMCoog-- [b]Your very ignorant to think LM has a chance to beat Dayton.[/b] I might be a NEWBOOTBRONCO but I know Dayton WILL WIN! I won't be there but I will be for ROUND 4 the next week!
[/quote]

I know you're a Dayton fan... but the bolded part makes you sound like the ignorant one.

You won't find a much bigger bronco fan than me, but that post was ridiculous.
[/quote]
Easy newbootbronco. We love passion on here but gota bait em into it ;D Everyone is entitled to their opinion (unless your Cougtalk) Hawkeye remember the speech you gave me when I was in diapers? Sit NBB and give it to him he will be alright ;)

Agreed.
[/quote]

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="916381" timestamp="1290435621"]
Payback is a bootch.  LaMarque should know that the Astrodome is like our Alamo and the Tully will be like the grounds of the San Jacinto.  Broncos will win by playing harder and smarter than LaMarque.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Love your enthusiasm fella but trust me....no-one on the LM team or fan base is thinking twice about that game back in the dome. All of our players were in elementary school/Pre-K back then fella. Love your avatar though....that's one off my favorite movies![/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="916823" timestamp="1290471319"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=76420.msg916381#msg916381 date=1290435621]
Payback is a bootch.  LaMarque should know that the Astrodome is like our Alamo and the Tully will be like the grounds of the San Jacinto.  Broncos will win by playing harder and smarter than LaMarque.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Love your enthusiasm fella but trust me....no-one on the LM team or fan base is thinking twice about that game back in the dome. All of our players were in elementary school/Pre-K back then fella. Love your avatar though....that's one off my favorite movies![/b][/color]
[/quote]

that's what this forum is for, for old has-been's to remind each other of those games  ;D

we're going to redeem ourselves for these kid's uncle's loss in '98...believe that...

plus, Dayton is the cat's a$$...

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="916823" timestamp="1290471319"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=76420.msg916381#msg916381 date=1290435621]
[/quote]

[/quote]
That goes the same for those five rings ;D

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="916866" timestamp="1290474858"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg916823#msg916823 date=1290471319]
[/quote]

[/quote]

that's what this forum is for, for old has-been's to remind each other of those games  ;D

we're going to redeem ourselves for these kid's uncle's loss in '98...believe that...

plus, Dayton is the cat's a$$...
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Fair enough...good luck![/b][/color]

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="916870" timestamp="1290475168"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]What 5 rings?[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="916877" timestamp="1290475447"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76420.msg916870#msg916870 date=1290475168]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]What 5 rings?[/b][/color]
[/quote]
exactly ;D

I take La Marque, Dayton lost to aldine and angleton.  Which LM embarrased aldine in a scrimmage and beat el campo who beat angleton by at leat 30.  And LM D has stepped up these last games.  And Dayton has a cupcake district.  Dayton reminds me of a less athletic friendswood.  LM plays in the toughest district in the state all teams still in playoffs and could end up playing each other in quarterfinals.  One thing LM, steps up when people DOUBT them against SO CALLED DISTRICT champs.

[quote name="LMMan" post="916914" timestamp="1290477833"]
I take La Marque, Dayton lost to aldine and angleton.  Which LM embarrased aldine in a scrimmage and beat el campo who beat angleton by at leat 30.  And LM D has stepped up these last games.  And Dayton has a cupcake district.  Dayton reminds me of a less athletic friendswood.  LM plays in the toughest district in the state all teams still in playoffs and could end up playing each other in quarterfinals.  One thing LM, steps up when people DOUBT them against SO CALLED DISTRICT champs.
[/quote] I love your enthusiasm. Thats all I got  ;D 

[/quote]

I'll copy this over, since you did...we want you to feel welcome!

welcome to the posting board!  so glad you found your way over here.  we wish you the best of luck and look forward to meeting you all next Saturday!

LaMarque is such a great team, I have to admit we're a little intimidated!  Go easy on us!

be careful driving to the game!

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="916924" timestamp="1290478056"]
[quote author=LMMan link=topic=76420.msg916914#msg916914 date=1290477833]
[/quote]

I'll copy this over, since you did...we want you to feel welcome!

welcome to the posting board!  so glad you found your way over here.  we wish you the best of luck and look forward to meeting you all next Saturday!

LaMarque is such a great team, I have to admit we're a little intimidated!  Go easy on us!

be careful driving to the game!
[/quote]

Why are we (DAYTON) even showing up for this game again? Yes, go easy on us!

[b]Dayton Vs La Marque[/b]

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="915911" timestamp="1290379711"]
I believe the senior group of Broncos actually played LaMarque in junior high during their 7th grade year.  The result...  A DOMINATING PONY SWEEP!
[/quote]

???Uh... no i remember that La Marque class being undefeated in 7th grade and 8th grade no way they would have lost had more athletes on team then do now most of the players left to go to League city and some dropped out. thats why they were predicted to go to state by there senior year.  They never played any team outside galveston county area in middle school and if they would have played i know for a fact they would have not lost.

[quote name="LMMan" post="916933" timestamp="1290478501"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=76420.msg915911#msg915911 date=1290379711]
I believe the senior group of Broncos actually played LaMarque in junior high during their 7th grade year.  The result...  A DOMINATING PONY SWEEP!
[/quote]

???Uh... no i remember that La Marque class being undefeated in 7th grade and 8th grade no way they would have lost had more athletes on team then do now most of the players left to go to League city and some dropped out. thats why they were predicted to go to state by there senior year.  They never played any team outside galveston county area in middle school and if they would have played i know for a fact they would have not lost.
[/quote]

Dad?  Is that you??

ha ha...very funny...

[/quote]

Easy now... It's not the late 90's anymore.  I think Dayton has a little more crediblity as of late.  Remember, before this year, La Marque has been MIA.  Besides, scrimmages don't matter at all, but if they did...  Your district champ (toughest 4A district in Texas) Friendswood, struggled with 3A WOS. (winning by 1 point)  Dayton demolished WOS in a scrimmage.

[/quote] Let me see if I can counter your HS football logic: Dayton dominated WOS in a scrimmage and WOS spanked Friendswood almost the whole game and Friedswood beat you ! You lost 3 games because your unbeatable right ! Get a grip and never underestimate the other team it might come back and bite ya --- ouch !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="916940" timestamp="1290478971"]
[/quote] Let me see if I can counter your HS football logic: Dayton dominated WOS in a scrimmage and WOS spanked Friendswood almost the whole game and Friedswood beat you ! You lost 3 games because your unbeatable right ! Get a grip and never underestimate the other team it might come back and bite ya --- ouch !
[/quote]
I never said we were unbeatable we know how it feels to lose close games.  Yea i am understimating yall because i beleive we have wayyyyyy better athletes.  Cant expect nothing less out of my squad because how many great players we have.  And brenham guy didnt you all lose already?  And like I said I beleive we have the toughest 4a district in the state.  And by the way LM made 4a alignment by Gods grace and still beat bigger schools so 3a, 4a does not matter athletes are athletes.  Friendswood is not the best athletically but play smart football and has a good offense o yea friendswood also blew out angleton which Dayton lost to.

[quote name="LMMan" post="916957" timestamp="1290479908"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=76420.msg916940#msg916940 date=1290478971]
[/quote]
I never said we were unbeatable we know how it feels to lose close games.  Yea i am understimating yall because i beleive we have wayyyyyy better athletes.  Cant expect nothing less out of my squad because how many great players we have.  And brenham guy didnt you all lose already?  And like I said I beleive we have the toughest 4a district in the state.  And by the way LM made 4a alignment by Gods grace and still beat bigger schools so 3a, 4a does not matter athletes are athletes.  Friendswood is not the best athletically but play smart football and has a good offense o yea friendswood also blew out angleton which Dayton lost to.
[/quote]

"Any baby can read", check out the program...it really works from what I've heard

[quote name="LMMan" post="916957" timestamp="1290479908"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=76420.msg916940#msg916940 date=1290478971]
I take La Marque, Dayton lost to aldine and angleton.  Which LM embarrased aldine in a scrimmage and beat el campo who beat angleton by at leat 30.  And LM D has stepped up these last games.  And Dayton has a cupcake district.  Dayton reminds me of a less athletic friendswood.  LM plays in the toughest district in the state all teams still in playoffs and could end up playing each other in quarterfinals.  One thing LM, steps up when people DOUBT them against SO CALLED DISTRICT champs.
[/quote]
I never said we were unbeatable we know how it feels to lose close games.  Yea i am understimating yall because i beleive we have wayyyyyy better athletes.  Cant expect nothing less out of my squad because how many great players we have.  And brenham guy didnt you all lose already?  And like I said I beleive we have the toughest 4a district in the state.  And by the way LM made 4a alignment by Gods grace and still beat bigger schools so 3a, 4a does not matter athletes are athletes.  Friendswood is not the best athletically but play smart football and has a good offense o yea friendswood also blew out angleton which Dayton lost to.
[/quote]

Ya we did lose, but you barely made the playoffs and struggled with Yates.   You've lost a few more this year than we did, and still havn't reached the 10-win mark.  Y'all havn't made a regional final in 4 years so I wouldn't talk too much.  We were there the last 2 years.  I'll be surprised if y'all come within 17 of Dayton. :D

Wow, we still have a little over 4 days left of trash talk.  It's ok La Marque faithful, Sam Kahn and Jenny Dial (i'm sure ya'll have their photos up in the locker room) with the Chronicle still believe in you guys and DCTF will have you guys picked to beat the ol'Broncos.  Thats what the Broncos want is to be the underdogs in this matchup.  I understand the measuring of how tough the districts can be, yada yada yada, but any team can be beat on any given day.  Can't wait.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476