Dayton vs. LaMarque "Ghost of Playoffs Past"...Who ya' got

rollinac

Ok so heres my logic score wise between Dayton and La Marque LOL If you don't understand it, I did say it was MY logic  ;D

So 19-4A is suppose to be a weak district 24-4A is suppose to be a strong district. So I added up the scores of both teams. Points got and points given up. Now being 19-4A is suppose to be the weak one on La Marque's scores [b]I ADDED 20 more points to their got and SUBTRACTED 20 points from their given[/b].
So being 24-4A is suppose to be the strong one, on Daytons scores [b]I SUBTRACTED 20 from their got and ADDED 20 points to their given[/b] Hope no ones lost yet... So when you redo the added and subtracted points from both teams Dayton STILL comes out on top.

Dayton total points                                                     
Gotten 475-20=[b]455[/b] Gave up 159+20=[b]179[/b]

La Marque total points
Gotten 358+20=[b]378[/b]    Gave up 233-20= [b]213[/b]

TA DAAAAA  :D
  Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our 9-3 record,don't let it fool you Coog fans while you were playin Ros.Terry-Hstn.Wheatley-Free.Brazosport we were playing 3 playoff teams Elkins-Angl-Ike so we've seen big,fast teams w/a bench full of talent.Sometimes you just gotta put it all out there Dayton by 21 8)

Its important the Bronco's get off to a quick start early like we been doing thus far . We need to get in their heads and not let them run wild with all the beef they got . They have several people pushing 300 lbs. in the trenches and thats fine but its a fact if they have to play from behind that weight will turn into anchors before the games over  I don't care how athletic they are . This team also has a reputation of throwing temper tantrums when things don't go their way another reason to bring the heat right out of the gate. The Bronco's are starting to peak and are taking their game to the next level I see us rising to the occasion with a big victory ! Go Bronco's ~

[quote name="sfa87" post="918647" timestamp="1290701678"]
im going with lamarque tim tim is a beast
[/quote] Is he even playing? with the ankle issue  ??? And also he may be a beast and have the best stats, but he is only ONE person, he can't and will not all by himself win this game against a Bronco Stampede in front of him. Just saying  :)

I've watched several of La Marque's game films from this year on youtube and it seems they have a pretty good receiver corp.  The QB does throw alot of balls up for anyone to catch and if he does this against Dayton hopefully the secondary can make'em pay for it.  Lot's of underneath passes and in the flats.  There's no doubt Dayton is planning for Tim Wright so it's really a mute point if he's playing or not, the defense will be ready for the run.  Mistake free football will win this one.

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="918678" timestamp="1290706216"]
[u][b]I see Gamal and company with at least 3 interceptions [/b] [/u] if La Marque throws alot. All of our secondary are very disciplined and are capable of intercepting at any time.  ;D ;D Go Broncos.
[/quote]

I agree, if lm rb is out they will try and air it out and our boys will have a fild day. If he does play "and i just dont see him at 100% after all the talk about that ankle" it is going to be some old fashion smash mouth pigskin. Im excited just thinking about it.

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="918717" timestamp="1290714291"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=76420.msg918678#msg918678 date=1290706216]
[u][b]I see Gamal and company with at least 3 interceptions [/b] [/u] if La Marque throws alot. All of our secondary are very disciplined and are capable of intercepting at any time.  ;D ;D Go Broncos.
[/quote]

I agree, if lm rb is out they will try and air it out and our boys will have a fild day. If he does play "and i just dont see him at 100% after all the talk about that ankle" it is going to be some old fashion smash mouth pigskin. Im excited just thinking about it.
[/quote]

Tim Wright will not be playing according to Galveston County News and Houston Chronicle

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="918717" timestamp="1290714291"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
Perhaps but don't think all is lost with our running game if TW doesn't play or is hampered by his injury. Although Alridge doesn't get the touches that TW does he is a quick and scrappy back who's averaging about 7.5 ypc. and although he's only 5'5 he'd rather run into you rather than around you. It will be quite interesting how things play out come Sat.[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="918724" timestamp="1290715604"]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=76420.msg918717#msg918717 date=1290714291]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
Perhaps but don't think all is lost with our running game if TW doesn't play or is hampered by his injury. Although Alridge doesn't get the touches that TW does he is a quick and scrappy back who's averaging about 7.5 ypc. and although he's only 5'5 he'd rather run into you rather than around you. It will be quite interesting how things play out come Sat.[/b][/color]
[/quote]
DAY had the same thing week 9 when the starting RB went down and the run game hasnt missed a beat with McBride the back-up. Still nice to have a 1-2 punch in the backfield. The run game starts with the Oline and from what I hear LM has got a good oline. If you can come out and dink n dunk with the pass game it will open up the run too. Gonna be a great game ;D

Players to watch
Andres Herrera, QB
Jr, Dayton
Herrera completed nine of 14 passes for 247 yards and three touchdowns in the win over Kingwood Park last week.

From Chron.com

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="918737" timestamp="1290716895"]
He is a forgotten piece of the BRONX success IMO. The kid is cool under pressure and makes good decisions with the ball. Hes good at scrambling and extending the play. Everybody knocks his size but he seems to make the big play when it counts ;D
[/quote] Yep I agree... He showed what he was made of when he had to make the right choice with (how many seconds left?) against Livingston. Gave me a whole new respect for him that night.

Why do so many posters think that La Marque is all that. Where did they end up last year? Beating Terry and Yates is not that great in the playoffs. Dayton has been very good for the last 4 years. Dayton will roll in this game. We have played good offensive lines and running backs many times this year. Always Believe.  8)   

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="918768" timestamp="1290721989"]
Why do so many posters think that La Marque is all that. Where did they end up last year? Beating Terry and Yates is not that great in the playoffs. Dayton has been very good for the last 4 years. Dayton will roll in this game. We have played good offensive lines and running backs many times this year. Always Believe.   8)     
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]For the very same reason that Bronco fans think their team is? We didn't play Terry in the playoffs (Manvel did) instead we played Yates and El Campo who at the the time were undefeated and were looked upon by many to be the region finalist along with Brenham. That's not really a good premise to go by though because teams play who they play not by choice but by the way the system is set up. I wouldn't exactly consider KP or Livingston world beaters either so you may want to consider your position? The next thing I'm gonna say is gonna fetch me some backlash but that's cool but if I went by your premise who in 20-4A besides Dayton had a quality season? I assure you this though...Dayton would not have went undefeated in 24-4A like they did in that cup cake district.[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="918780" timestamp="1290723229"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=76420.msg918768#msg918768 date=1290721989]
Why do so many posters think that La Marque is all that. Where did they end up last year? Beating Terry and Yates is not that great in the playoffs. Dayton has been very good for the last 4 years. Dayton will roll in this game. We have played good offensive lines and running backs many times this year. Always Believe.   8)     
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]For the very same reason that Bronco fans think their team is? We didn't play Terry in the playoffs (Manvel did) instead we played Yates and El Campo who at the the time were undefeated and were looked upon by many to be the region finalist along with Brenham. That's not really a good premise to go by though because teams play who they play not by choice but by the way the system is set up. I wouldn't exactly consider KP or Livingston world beaters either so you may want to consider your position? The next thing I'm gonna say is gonna fetch me some backlash but that's cool but if I went by your premise who in 20-4A besides Dayton had a quality season? I assure you this though...Dayton would not have went undefeated in 24-4A like they did in that cup cake district.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Would asking xlm to chill out on bolding everything be considered a value added post?

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="918785" timestamp="1290723748"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg918780#msg918780 date=1290723229]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=76420.msg918768#msg918768 date=1290721989]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Would asking xlm to chill out on bolding everything be considered a value added post?
[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
Here's a suggestion...don't read them? I've posted like that since day one fella and I'm not about to change my style to please you nor anyone else. You're lucky I don't use [color=cyan]CYAN [/color]as my text color. Keep on trolling if it makes you happy but I have no more time for the nonsense....move along nada to see here folks![/b][/color]

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="918768" timestamp="1290721989"]
Why do so many posters think that La Marque is all that. Where did they end up last year? Beating Terry and Yates is not that great in the playoffs. Dayton has been very good for the last 4 years. Dayton will roll in this game. [b]We have played good offensive lines and running backs many times this year. Always Believe.   8)     [/b] [/quote]

LA MARQUE is a solid football team do not mistake that. As for last year it does not matter what any team has done the last game much less last year. I agree with your assesment of the BRONX and yes they will roll ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics