Dayton vs. LaMarque "Ghost of Playoffs Past"...Who ya' got

rollinac

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to think about La Marque, but regardless I gotta go with the Broncos.  Sounded like some of the La Marque players got a little beat up in the game today and they lost one of their running backs who happens to be the leading rusher & receiver (out with a broken ankle) so I'm going to say Dayton by at least 2 TDs.

The BRONX are in for the toughest game yet. The BRONX / LM O is on an even par but the difference in this one will be the D. If the BRONX can bring the heat early and often and not give up the big 3rd down plays it will be hard for LM to put up enough pts to win. Turnovers will decide this game. Create them and dont give em we will win. Still think its gonna be close. BRONX by 7.

[quote name="mlejeune" post="914987" timestamp="1290307427"]
Yes, they went on to win state that year, which made it a little less painful. LOL

I think Dayton will go all the way this year...they need to do a little better on the penalties though.
[/quote]

Actually they lost the state game to Stephenville 34-7.
But were in the finals nonetheless.

I was in attendance that night in the Astrodome. LaMarque was the real deal that year. Dayton had Dakari P as well, and a good offense.

Is that an official location and time? Or are we still not sure?

[quote name="friogal" post="914999" timestamp="1290307623"]
[quote author=mlejeune link=topic=76420.msg914987#msg914987 date=1290307427]
Yes, they went on to win state that year, which made it a little less painful. LOL

I think Dayton will go all the way this year...they need to do a little better on the penalties though.
[/quote]

Actually they lost the state game to Stephenville 34-7.
But were in the finals nonetheless.
[/quote]

I don't know why I was thinking they won.  Glad to know they didnt.  I'm still a little bitter about that game. :)

[quote name="john3624" post="915036" timestamp="1290308273"]
Should be good matchup, if Dayton can play the way they played today in the 2nd quarter and maintain that type of momentum for the entire game I feel they will have no problem. But it is LaMarque and you have to respect their football team and the tradition they bring.
[/quote]

I agree.  They were great in the 2nd quarter today.  We need to watch our penalties too.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="915018" timestamp="1290308026"]
[quote author=cheese link=topic=76420.msg915013#msg915013 date=1290307894]
I was in attendance that night in the Astrodome. LaMarque was the real deal that year. Dayton had Dakari P as well, and a good offense.

[/quote]
Not offical yet
[/quote]

It's official according to a Dayton coach.  Galena Park Saturday@ 7 PM

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="915082" timestamp="1290309567"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76420.msg915018#msg915018 date=1290308026]
[quote author=cheese link=topic=76420.msg915013#msg915013 date=1290307894]

[/quote]
Not offical yet
[/quote]

It's official according to a Dayton coach.  Galena Park Saturday@ 7 PM
[/quote]
good enough for me.......... GP SAT @ 7 BRONX gonna do some spankin

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="915070" timestamp="1290309201"]
Welcome to all the new Dayton posters. You can definitely tell it's the third round.  ;D
[/quote]

I'm not a fair weather fan.  I've been out of state for months with work and just got to start going to the games again. :)

Go Broncos!

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="915070" timestamp="1290309201"]
Welcome to all the new Dayton posters. You can definitely tell it's the third round.  ;D
[/quote]

Just found this website, I also am not a fair weather fan (season ticket holder) and have been to most all games since 1982.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline