Dayton vs. LaMarque "Ghost of Playoffs Past"...Who ya' got

rollinac

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="916257" timestamp="1290401246"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=76420.msg916252#msg916252 date=1290400443]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg916206#msg916206 date=1290397525]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=76420.msg916168#msg916168 date=1290394768]
Waitin' on XLMC to chime in....I know he isn't scared.  Figured we would've heard something from him by now.  Must wait till Monday to get on.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I don't have an an answer on my pick yet...once I get a definitive status update on T.Wright I'll post it. And no, by no means am I scared...lol...if we win we win, if we lose we lose.[/b][/color] I've watched LM on video and it looks like they have several running backs that can fill in for T. Wright with not to much of a drop off- looks like you use multiple backs in your offensive scheme .
[/quote]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Uhmmm, I wouldn't fully agree with that but Alridge (7.7 yds avg.) is a tough little scamper back with wheels who could have developed much more had he been given the reps. needed to do so. Most of the other backs can play the position but they are larger backs who come in primarily for blocking reasons. [b]T. Wright is the complete package with better than average speed, good vision, ability to cut on a dime and size to run over and through tackles if need be[/b]. We do have others that don't typically play that position like Gasway who was a State finalist in the 100m last year could play a role if need be. Only problem there is the experience factor so who really knows?[/b][/color]
[/quote]
Hmmmm....sounds familiar.....kinda like a guy named Delasbour  :( :( :(

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rollinac" post="916283" timestamp="1290403368"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg916257#msg916257 date=1290401246]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=76420.msg916252#msg916252 date=1290400443]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg916206#msg916206 date=1290397525]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=76420.msg916168#msg916168 date=1290394768]
Waitin' on XLMC to chime in....I know he isn't scared.  Figured we would've heard something from him by now.  Must wait till Monday to get on.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I don't have an an answer on my pick yet...once I get a definitive status update on T.Wright I'll post it. And no, by no means am I scared...lol...if we win we win, if we lose we lose.[/b][/color] I've watched LM on video and it looks like they have several running backs that can fill in for T. Wright with not to much of a drop off- looks like you use multiple backs in your offensive scheme .
[/quote]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Uhmmm, I wouldn't fully agree with that but Alridge (7.7 yds avg.) is a tough little scamper back with wheels who could have developed much more had he been given the reps. needed to do so. Most of the other backs can play the position but they are larger backs who come in primarily for blocking reasons. [b]T. Wright is the complete package with better than average speed, good vision, ability to cut on a dime and size to run over and through tackles if need be[/b]. We do have others that don't typically play that position like Gasway who was a State finalist in the 100m last year could play a role if need be. Only problem there is the experience factor so who really knows?[/b][/color]
[/quote]
Hmmmm....sounds familiar.....kinda like a guy named Delasbour  :( :( :(
[/quote] LmCoog 88 our #1 RB J. Delasbour(11th grader) went down in week 9 of the season and was a big factor in our offense,but our back up #15 McBride (10th grader) about 5'5 150# has come in and done a subperb job for us !

[b]In my opinion this is a short list of Dayton recruits that have college potential the list doesn't include Delesbour, Rip,Rheyes, Joe Duff and a few others ![/b]Football Recruiting HomeForumsLatest NewsProspectsPlayer SearchVisitsCommitsVideosTeam RankingsExperts
Datyon High School Scouting Report 

By Alan Zepeda
Texas Manager
Posted Nov 21, 2010 

| More

Dayton High School is always good for producing some college prospects each year. This year the big prospect is Darrian Wright who is committed to SMU. Scout.com takes a look at some of their current and future college prospects.

One thing about Dayton High School is the school can produce talented defensive linemen. The defensive tackles the school produced are often all City players but a little too short for D1 schools. In recent years they have produced two National recruits and Top 100 in the nation in A.J. Dugat who plays for Houston and Cody Green who plays for Nebraska.

The tradition continues as we take a look at the 2011 Class and who has a chance to be division one.

Class of 2011

Darrian Wright - defensive tackles who is committed to SMU. Wright is listed at 6'2 and weighs 275 pounds. For a defensive tackle he is strong and very quick, and most of all relentless. He can drop into coverage as well as rush the passer. Wright's versatility and ability to be an every down defensive lineman makes him valuable. What separates him from the pack is that he can offer a pass rush from the defensive tackle spot. Solid D1 prospect.

Xavier Baldwin- plays wide receiver and safety. Baldwin is a playmaker on offense. In the second round of the playoffs he took a pass in the flats 91 yards for a touchdown and to open the floodgates in the game. Baldwin lacks size, but he has speed, quickness and instincts. He could play D1 in the right program but is more likely to end up in D2

Justin Booth- Committed to Rice. Great frame at 6'5 and weighing 260. Booth has long arms and moves smoothly on the pass rush. He gets a good push on run blocking and uses the leverage of his big body to win the blocks. He is a D1 player all the way.

Class of 2012

Linebacker Jack Choate - Okay size at 6'0 180, he is good in coverage and can play sideline to sideline. He hustles on the field and gives it all. Unless he fills out more playing at the D1 level will be difficult. He could end up being a safety on the next level if he can prove it in camps.

Wide Receiver/Corner Back, Gamal Fowler - Another deluxe playmaker on both sides of the ball, he can bust a 90 yard play or grab an interception. On offense he is fast and quick and makes some smart decision running the ball. On defense he has a good sense of where to be in coverage and has the hands to make an interception. Solid D1 player

Class of 2013

Safety, Jamaud St. Andre - a bit undersized for safety, he might grow big enough to meet the height threshold D1 schools tend to have. He is a natural defensive back and finds himself in the middle of plays quite often. Still has learning to do but he is promising with the only drawback being his lack of size.

Guard, Matt Oubre - good size at 6'2 and weighing 260. He needs to work on his skills, both pass blocking and run blocking and has not gotten the snaps to get ready for the next level but he will in the next couple of seasons. Could be a D1 with development.

Related Stories
ScoutTV: Darrian Wright
-by SuperPrep.com  Nov 21, 2010 
ScoutTV: Xavier Baldwin
ScoutTV: Gamal Fowler, 2012

MAGAZINE COVERAGE
Get the 2011 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook with an annual Total Access Pass

Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from SuperPrep.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a list of all Team Newsletters. 
Daily Format Weekly Digest

Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to My HotList.

WR Xavier Baldwin (profile)
WR Gamal Fowler (profile)
DT Darrian Wright (profile)
[View My HotLis 

[quote name="octfeb" post="916276" timestamp="1290402692"]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=76420.msg916274#msg916274 date=1290402597]
What town is Tully Stadium in?
[/quote]
Tully Stadium
1050 Dairy Ashford
Houston, Texas 77079
713-251-1220
[/quote]To be more specific (using Toups Graphics GPS), travel down I-10 to Gessner (exit 753)  Turn left or south on Gessner.  The stadium will be on your left.  Park on the side without the pressbox, which I believe is the east side.  If the weather is sunny, some sunglasses might be advisable, the sun will be setting during the game and the visitor side faces to the west.  My website http://www.toupsgraphics.com/fridaynightlights.html  will be updated this evening with directions and places to go to around the stadium.

[quote name="NEWBOOTBRONCO" post="916351" timestamp="1290433275"]
:oLMCoog-- [b]Your very ignorant to think LM has a chance to beat Dayton.[/b] I might be a NEWBOOTBRONCO but I know Dayton WILL WIN! I won't be there but I will be for ROUND 4 the next week!
[/quote]

I know you're a Dayton fan... but the bolded part makes you sound like the ignorant one.

You won't find a much bigger bronco fan than me, but that post was ridiculous.

[quote name="dayton" post="916355" timestamp="1290433635"]
[quote author=NEWBOOTBRONCO link=topic=76420.msg916351#msg916351 date=1290433275]
:oLMCoog-- [b]Your very ignorant to think LM has a chance to beat Dayton.[/b] I might be a NEWBOOTBRONCO but I know Dayton WILL WIN! I won't be there but I will be for ROUND 4 the next week!
[/quote]

I know you're a Dayton fan... but the bolded part makes you sound like the ignorant one.

[/quote]

Agreed.

Early weather prediction for Saturday at 2pm - Clear and 58 deg. at Kickoff

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Get my grub on, and sit back and enjoy an awesome week of Football.

God bless America

2010 Football Conference 4A Division 2  
Regional Playoff Game  

Visitors: Dayton Broncos
Home: LaMarque Cougars

2:00 pm
Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tully Stadium
1050 Dairy Ashford
Houston, TX 77079

Advance Ticket Sales
Monday, November 22nd - Tuesday, November 23rd
DISD Administration Building
Office Hours: 8:00-4:30

Adults: $6.00
Students: $4.00

All tickets at the gate will be $7.00

From the Dayton ISD website...   If you get your tickets in advance, today and tomorrow the only day are selling them....  ;)

[quote name="octfeb" post="916440" timestamp="1290441284"]
Regional Playoff Game  

Tully Stadium
1050 Dairy Ashford
Houston, TX 77079

Advance Ticket Sales

From the Dayton ISD website...   If you get your tickets in advance, today and tomorrow the only day are selling them....  ;)
[/quote]

Does DISD get a larger portion of the sales price if you buy the tickets in advance?  Does anyone know how the gate is split during playoff games.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="916443" timestamp="1290441791"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=76420.msg916440#msg916440 date=1290441284]
Regional Playoff Game  

Tully Stadium
1050 Dairy Ashford
Houston, TX 77079

Advance Ticket Sales

[/quote]

Does DISD get a larger portion of the sales price if you buy the tickets in advance?  Does anyone know how the gate is split during playoff games.
[/quote] I do not know how that works... Is a good question... So I called the Admin Building and was told that after expenses to play at the stadium, monies left over is divided between the two teams.. So doesn't matter if you buy them in advance or at the gate.. money is divided equally 

[quote name="dayton" post="916355" timestamp="1290433635"]
[quote author=NEWBOOTBRONCO link=topic=76420.msg916351#msg916351 date=1290433275]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Come on, you cant hate on someone for being a fan of their hometown team. We were underdogs agains Lake Travis but we all still picked Dayton and nobody called us ignorant. Chill out NewBoot.  Oh and by the way, how did you get internet service in Dayton Lake Estates?

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="916324" timestamp="1290425214"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=76420.msg916276#msg916276 date=1290402692]
[/quote]
Tully Stadium
1050 Dairy Ashford
Houston, Texas 77079
713-251-1220
[/quote]To be more specific (using Toups Graphics GPS), travel down I-10 to Gessner (exit 753)  Turn left or south on Gessner.  The stadium will be on your left.  Park on the side without the pressbox, which I believe is the east side.  If the weather is sunny, some sunglasses might be advisable, the sun will be setting during the game and the visitor side faces to the west.  My website http://www.toupsgraphics.com/fridaynightlights.html  will be updated this evening with directions and places to go to around the stadium.
[/quote]
Toups Graphics need to re-calibrate it's GPS.  Taking Gessner south off I-10 will put you at Memorial City Mall and the big Memorial Herman Memorial City Hospital.  You could take Gessner down to Memorial Drive and hang a right to Dairy Ashford and hang another right...

[quote name="rollinac" post="916571" timestamp="1290451333"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=76420.msg916324#msg916324 date=1290425214]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=76420.msg916276#msg916276 date=1290402692]
[/quote]
Tully Stadium
1050 Dairy Ashford
Houston, Texas 77079
713-251-1220
[/quote]
Toups Graphics need to re-calibrate it's GPS.  Taking Gessner south off I-10 will put you at Memorial City Mall and the big Memorial Herman Memorial City Hospital.  You could take Gessner down to Memorial Drive and hang a right to Dairy Ashford and hang another right...
[/quote]
Both sets of directions are wrong.  You can get there from gessner and Memorial but it's so much simpler to take I-10 and exit Dairy Ashford.  The stadium is right there on the left, not even a 1/4 mile south of 10.  Taking Memorial will put you south of the stadium which involves lights and possible construction.  Use to take D-A all the time to my Houston home

Im glad that I will be in town to make the game this weekend!  GO BRONCOS!
Here is a little video to get you pumped up!  I would like to thank Toups Graphics for all of the great video!

ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!

Jeff Hanel

[color=purple][b]Dayton Vs La Marque[/b][/color]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_YkYdyphrs

[quote name="meanjoe" post="916681" timestamp="1290457389"]
I want to see Dayton and Port Neches at the BUTCH!
[/quote]

If that happens... the Butch is wayyyy too small. Mostly for PNG but think of all the area fans that would come out for both sides. Lamar (15300) or Stallworth (16500) would make the most sense.

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="916706" timestamp="1290460675"]
[quote author=meanjoe link=topic=76420.msg916681#msg916681 date=1290457389]
I want to see Dayton and Port Neches at the BUTCH!
[/quote]

Absolutely not...thats like a home game for PNG
[/quote]
I want Dayton to beat the crap out of La Marque first...then tell PNG we'll play them at their house and beat the snot out of them at their place.  Just say'n...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder