Dayton vs. LaMarque "Ghost of Playoffs Past"...Who ya' got

rollinac

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="916976" timestamp="1290480732"]
[quote author=LMMan link=topic=76420.msg916957#msg916957 date=1290479908]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=76420.msg916940#msg916940 date=1290478971]
[quote author=LMMan link=topic=76420.msg916914#msg916914 date=1290477833]
I take La Marque, Dayton lost to aldine and angleton.  Which LM embarrased aldine in a scrimmage and beat el campo who beat angleton by at leat 30.  And LM D has stepped up these last games.  And Dayton has a cupcake district.  Dayton reminds me of a less athletic friendswood.  LM plays in the toughest district in the state all teams still in playoffs and could end up playing each other in quarterfinals.  One thing LM, steps up when people DOUBT them against SO CALLED DISTRICT champs.
[/quote] Let me see if I can counter your HS football logic: Dayton dominated WOS in a scrimmage and WOS spanked Friendswood almost the whole game and Friedswood beat you ! You lost 3 games because your unbeatable right ! Get a grip and never underestimate the other team it might come back and bite ya --- ouch !
[/quote]
I never said we were unbeatable we know how it feels to lose close games.  Yea i am understimating yall because i beleive we have wayyyyyy better athletes.  Cant expect nothing less out of my squad because how many great players we have.  And brenham guy didnt you all lose already?  And like I said I beleive we have the toughest 4a district in the state.  And by the way LM made 4a alignment by Gods grace and still beat bigger schools so 3a, 4a does not matter athletes are athletes.  Friendswood is not the best athletically but play smart football and has a good offense o yea friendswood also blew out angleton which Dayton lost to.
[/quote]

Ya we did lose, but you barely made the playoffs and struggled with Yates.   You've lost a few more this year than we did, and still havn't reached the 10-win mark.  Y'all havn't made a regional final in 4 years so I wouldn't talk too much.  We were there the last 2 years.  I'll be surprised if y'all come within 17 of Dayton. :D
[/quote]
well we might have struggled with yates but you all lost to a no name school. so anything can happen on a friday or saturday night.  like i said toughest district in the state not a cake walk every game in are district was like a playoff game. and im glad u and the rest of brenhem have a team to go for besides your owns because we all know what happened to them lol

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya we turned the ball over 6 times, (4 inside our own 30) and still almost won.  10-1, not bad but it's state or bust, so it's a disappointing season.  We'll be back next year... You can take that to the bank.  Maybe we'll see y'all again.  *Remember who ended who's season the last 2 times we played...  We'd love to make it 3 in a row.  ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="916996" timestamp="1290481682"]
Ya we turned the ball over 6 times, (4 inside our own 30) and still almost won.  10-1, not bad but it's state or bust, so it's a disappointing season.  We'll be back next year... You can take that to the bank.  Maybe we'll see y'all again.  *Remember who ended who's season the last 2 times we played...  We'd love to make it 3 in a row.  ;)
[/quote]
we turned the ball over 4 times and WON the game still.  And I guess you all busted right? Well I guess ur right next year but lets finish this year off first.  Cant live off the past but where were yall when we went to state 9 times.  but im glad u are enthused between the game of La Marque and Dayton I would be too if my team was knocked out the first round lmbo  ;D.  Maybe next year?

[quote name="LMMan" post="916914" timestamp="1290477833"]

well[color=red],[/color] we might have struggled with yates[color=red].[/color] [color=red][s]but[/s][/color] [color=red]Y[/color]ou all lost to a no[color=red]-[/color]name school. [color=red]A[/color]nything can happen on a [color=red]F[/color]riday or [color=red]S[/color]aturday night.  [color=red]As[/color][color=red][s]like[/s][/color] i said[color=red],[/color] toughest district in the state[color=red].[/color] [color=red]It's [/color]not a cake walk every game[color=red].[/color] [color=red]All games [/color]in [color=red][s]are[/s]our[/color] district [color=red][s]was[/s]are[/color] like a playoff game. [color=red][s]and[/s][/color] [color=red]I'[/color]m glad [color=red][s]u[/s]you[/color] and the rest of [color=red][s]brenhem[/s]Brenham[/color] have a team to [color=red][s]go[/s]cheer[/color] for[color=red],[/color] besides your [color=red]own[s]s[/s],[/color] because we all know what happened to them[color=red].[/color] lol
[/quote]

corrections above...I hope at least one of the following is the case:

a.  you're drunk
b.  you're under the age of 8
c.  you are monkey, working this board as part of a larger experiment to see how many people you can draw into an argument with you

[quote name="LMMan" post="916957" timestamp="1290479908"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=76420.msg916940#msg916940 date=1290478971]
I take La Marque, Dayton lost to aldine and angleton.  Which LM embarrased aldine in a scrimmage and beat el campo who beat angleton by at leat 30.  And LM D has stepped up these last games.  And Dayton has a cupcake district.  Dayton reminds me of a less athletic friendswood.  LM plays in the toughest district in the state all teams still in playoffs and could end up playing each other in quarterfinals.  One thing LM, steps up when people DOUBT them against SO CALLED DISTRICT champs.
[/quote] Let me see if I can counter your HS football logic: Dayton dominated WOS in a scrimmage and WOS spanked Friendswood almost the whole game and Friedswood beat you ! You lost 3 games because your unbeatable right ! Get a grip and never underestimate the other team it might come back and bite ya --- ouch !
[/quote]
I never said we were unbeatable we know how it feels to lose close games.  Yea i am understimating yall because[b] i beleive we have wayyyyyy better athletes[/b].  Cant expect nothing less out of my squad because how many great players we have.  And brenham guy didnt you all lose already?  And like I said I beleive we have the toughest 4a district in the state.  And by the way LM made 4a alignment by Gods grace and still beat bigger schools so 3a, 4a does not matter athletes are athletes.  Friendswood is not the best athletically but play smart football and has a good offense o yea friendswood also blew out angleton which Dayton lost to.
[/quote]
WOW :o Wait till you see the little weak athletes the DAYTON squad has compared to LA MARQUE. I hope LA MARQUE suits up the JV so our fagile athletes dont get hurt. If there is one thing Im sure of in this game.........LA MARQUE will remember RIP / WRIGHT and co for a while and when the X-factor / Fowler and "my little pony" get done autographs will be signed by the big sign that says "ALAWAYS BELIEVE" ;D

[quote name="LMMan" post="917008" timestamp="1290482242"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76420.msg916996#msg916996 date=1290481682]
[/quote]
we turned the ball over 4 times and WON the game still.  And I guess you all busted right? Well I guess ur right next year but lets finish this year off first.  Cant live off the past but where were yall when we went to state 9 times.  but im glad u are enthused between the game of La Marque and Dayton I would be too if my team was knocked out the first round lmbo  ;D.  Maybe next year?
[/quote]

See you then...  We don't struggle to make the playoffs, so it's up to y'all.  BTW, come Sunday morning, your season is over too... ;)

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="917011" timestamp="1290482280"]
[quote author=LMMan link=topic=76420.msg916988#msg916988 date=1290481207]

well[color=red],[/color] we might have struggled with yates[color=red].[/color] [color=red][s]but[/s][/color] [color=red]Y[/color]ou all lost to a no[color=red]-[/color]name school. [color=red]A[/color]nything can happen on a [color=red]F[/color]riday or [color=red]S[/color]aturday night.  [color=red]As[/color][color=red][s]like[/s][/color] i said[color=red],[/color] toughest district in the state[color=red].[/color] [color=red]It's [/color]not a cake walk every game[color=red].[/color] [color=red]All games [/color]in [color=red][s]are[/s]our[/color] district [color=red][s]was[/s]are[/color] like a playoff game. [color=red][s]and[/s][/color] [color=red]I'[/color]m glad [color=red][s]u[/s]you[/color] and the rest of [color=red][s]brenhem[/s]Brenham[/color] have a team to [color=red][s]go[/s]cheer[/color] for[color=red],[/color] besides your [color=red]own[s]s[/s],[/color] because we all know what happened to them[color=red].[/color] lol
[/quote]

a.  you're drunk
b.  you're under the age of 8
c.  you quit school in 7th grade to travel the world
d.  you are monkey, working this board as part of a larger experiment to see how many people you can draw into an argument with you
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]C'mon man...is that really called for? Why must you resort to posting tactics such as this? Can't you just keep to football?[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="917019" timestamp="1290482600"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=76420.msg917011#msg917011 date=1290482280]
[quote author=LMMan link=topic=76420.msg916988#msg916988 date=1290481207]

well[color=red],[/color] we might have struggled with yates[color=red].[/color] [color=red][s]but[/s][/color] [color=red]Y[/color]ou all lost to a no[color=red]-[/color]name school. [color=red]A[/color]nything can happen on a [color=red]F[/color]riday or [color=red]S[/color]aturday night.  [color=red]As[/color][color=red][s]like[/s][/color] i said[color=red],[/color] toughest district in the state[color=red].[/color] [color=red]It's [/color]not a cake walk every game[color=red].[/color] [color=red]All games [/color]in [color=red][s]are[/s]our[/color] district [color=red][s]was[/s]are[/color] like a playoff game. [color=red][s]and[/s][/color] [color=red]I'[/color]m glad [color=red][s]u[/s]you[/color] and the rest of [color=red][s]brenhem[/s]Brenham[/color] have a team to [color=red][s]go[/s]cheer[/color] for[color=red],[/color] besides your [color=red]own[s]s[/s],[/color] because we all know what happened to them[color=red].[/color] lol
[/quote]

a.  you're drunk
b.  you're under the age of 8
c.  you quit school in 7th grade to travel the world
d.  you are monkey, working this board as part of a larger experiment to see how many people you can draw into an argument with you
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]C'mon man...is that really called for? Why must you resort to posting tactics such as this? Can't you just keep to football?[/b][/color]
[/quote]

me?

dude...read your comrade's post!?

I'm still not convinced this isn't a Barber's Hill homer jacking w/the Bronco constituency

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="917011" timestamp="1290482280"]

well[color=red],[/color] we might have struggled with yates[color=red].[/color] [color=red][s]but[/s][/color] [color=red]Y[/color]ou all lost to a no[color=red]-[/color]name school. [color=red]A[/color]nything can happen on a [color=red]F[/color]riday or [color=red]S[/color]aturday night.  [color=red]As[/color][color=red][s]like[/s][/color] i said[color=red],[/color] toughest district in the state[color=red].[/color] [color=red]It's [/color]not a cake walk every game[color=red].[/color] [color=red]All games [/color]in [color=red][s]are[/s]our[/color] district [color=red][s]was[/s]are[/color] like a playoff game. [color=red][s]and[/s][/color] [color=red]I'[/color]m glad [color=red][s]u[/s]you[/color] and the rest of [color=red][s]brenhem[/s]Brenham[/color] have a team to [color=red][s]go[/s]cheer[/color] for[color=red],[/color] besides your [color=red]own[s]s[/s],[/color] because we all know what happened to them[color=red].[/color] lol
[/quote]

a.  you're drunk
c.  you are monkey, working this board as part of a larger experiment to see how many people you can draw into an argument with you
[/quote]
ok i bet you had to use some kind of spell check to come up with that...you are something else(kevin hart voice). But um im c lmbo this guy up here.  but about football just wait till saturday. u know someone has nothing else to talk about when they spell check a post lol.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="917018" timestamp="1290482585"]
[quote author=LMMan link=topic=76420.msg917008#msg917008 date=1290482242]
[/quote]
[/quote]

See you then...  We don't struggle to make the playoffs, so it's up to y'all.  BTW, come Sunday morning, your season is over too... ;)
[/quote]
like i said tough district. district is not a cupcake like some of these teams, proved that earlier rounds to bad yall didnt. but if thats the Lords will come saturday we will have something in common on sunday morning.. lol  ;D

[quote name="LMMan" post="916914" timestamp="1290477833"]
I take La Marque, Dayton lost to aldine and angleton.  Which LM embarrased aldine in a scrimmage and beat el campo who beat angleton by at leat 30.  And LM D has stepped up these last games.  And Dayton has a cupcake district.  Dayton reminds me of a less athletic friendswood.  LM plays in the toughest district in the state all teams still in playoffs and could end up playing each other in quarterfinals.  One thing LM, steps up when people DOUBT them against SO CALLED DISTRICT champs.
[/quote]

Well I'm taking the Broncos because they beat Kingwood Park, who beat Brenham who beat everybody else they played.  Let's not forget that Brenham has Schlottmann who is a lefty QB like Steve Young who beat the Chargers in the 95 superbowl and the Chargers are spanking Denver tonight.  Makes sense?  Cool.

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="917060" timestamp="1290485064"]
[/quote]

Well I'm taking the Broncos because they beat Kingwood Park, who beat Brenham who beat everybody else they played.  Let's not forget that Brenham has Schlottmann who is a lefty QB like Steve Young who beat the Chargers in the 95 superbowl and the Chargers are spanking Denver tonight.  Makes sense?  Cool.
[/quote]

Ya, and don't forget Vick, he's a lefty too...  He just had that awesome game against Washington.  ;) ::)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="917067" timestamp="1290485401"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76420.msg917060#msg917060 date=1290485064]
[/quote]

Well I'm taking the Broncos because they beat Kingwood Park, who beat Brenham who beat everybody else they played.  Let's not forget that Brenham has Schlottmann who is a lefty QB like Steve Young who beat the Chargers in the 95 superbowl and the Chargers are spanking Denver tonight.  Makes sense?  Cool.
[/quote]

Ya, and don't forget Vick, he's a lefty too...  He just had that awesome game against Washington.  ;) ::)
[/quote]

I didn't even think about that.  I feel even better about the game now.

[quote name="LMMan" post="917028" timestamp="1290483035"]

[/quote]

a.  you're drunk
[/quote]
ok i bet you had to use some kind of spell check to come up with that...you are something else(kevin hart voice). But um im c lmbo this guy up here.  but about football just wait till saturday. u know someone has nothing else to talk about when they spell check a post lol.
[/quote]

nope...all me, just have a distaste for bad grammar

but, football-wise...

the broncs are hitting their stride...I like the way this match-up shapes up.  as I can see, you guys have an inconsistent QB, which bodes well for us...I know the running game is your bread and butter, but I like Dayton's big 3 up front in that matchup...

it should be a good day...

Still wondering how Yates stayed so close to La Marque.  First quarter was interesting....no one did anythign but flap their gums at the other team for the first quarter.  Don't think I've ever seen 2 teams do more talking in a game....how could anyone run a play....too busy talkin'.  What are you saying anyway at this point..."Oh yea I got you."  "Come get it then." "It's right here so getchasome."

Ridiculous.

D tackles and the center not missing too many meals either.  Move pretty good to be that size.

[quote name="LMMan" post="917028" timestamp="1290483035"]

[/quote]

a.  you're drunk
[/quote]
[/quote]
Good lord, this dude claims to be a man and he post like this? He must be one of Tyrone's kids. If you are stupid as this Obama voter then you must smoking the "gonja"... Good luck to your team with all of the talent but NO discipline or coaching. Can't wait to see Brenham (yes thats how it is spelled) kick your sorry buttocks out of the playoffs next year.
Love, Backflipper

Dayton 49, Kingwood Park 17
Notes: Dayton was striking from long range all day long against Kingwood Park this week, scoring touchdowns of 92 yards, 92 yards, 50 yards and 65 yards. I went with Kingwood Park in this game, with a full understanding that I was probably going to be wrong. But I'm OK with it. Dayton played exactly to their talent level, using their consistent athleticism to overwhelm the Kingwood Park defense. And, unlike Brenham last week, Dayton didn't hurt itself with turnovers every other drive.
DCTF's pick: Kingwood Park 27, Dayton 26  ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="917018" timestamp="1290482585"]
[quote author=LMMan link=topic=76420.msg917008#msg917008 date=1290482242]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Took the bait from a high school kid brenham - come on!! Hope we can see yall this year in baseball, we have a lot more reloading to do than yall do!!

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="916924" timestamp="1290478056"]
I take La Marque, Dayton lost to aldine and angleton.  Which LM embarrased aldine in a scrimmage and beat el campo who beat angleton by at leat 30.  And LM D has stepped up these last games.  And Dayton has a cupcake district.  Dayton reminds me of a less athletic friendswood.  LM plays in the toughest district in the state all teams still in playoffs and could end up playing each other in quarterfinals.  One thing LM, steps up when people DOUBT them against SO CALLED DISTRICT champs.
[/quote]

I'll copy this over, since you did...we want you to feel welcome!

welcome to the posting board!  so glad you found your way over here.  we wish you the best of luck and look forward to meeting you all next Saturday!

LaMarque is such a great team, I have to admit we're a little intimidated!  Go easy on us!

be careful driving to the game!
[/quote]

I know your type - nice last comment - I know your type.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="917192" timestamp="1290524877"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=76420.msg916924#msg916924 date=1290478056]
[/quote]

I'll copy this over, since you did...we want you to feel welcome!

welcome to the posting board!  so glad you found your way over here.  we wish you the best of luck and look forward to meeting you all next Saturday!

LaMarque is such a great team, I have to admit we're a little intimidated!  Go easy on us!

be careful driving to the game!
[/quote]

I know your type - nice last comment - I know your type.
[/quote]

from what I can tell, you know my type?

;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor