Dayton vs. LaMarque "Ghost of Playoffs Past"...Who ya' got

rollinac

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rollinac" post="919660" timestamp="1290827066"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76420.msg918937#msg918937 date=1290740043]
[b]"i have heard alot about Lamarque and there offense. what about how there defense will match up against herrea, fowler, mcbride, baldwin, and company?"[/b]

[b]"The 1 player we cant win without."[/b]

I've said it before. My opinion ain't worth a whole lot, but here it goes. I don't believe we can count on the "big" play against the cougar defense.

[/quote]

Big plays tend to result from a blown coverage, a missed assignment, trickery, a broken tackle or a combination.  Dayton has hit big plays on every team this year.  They will hit one or two in this game as well.
[/quote]
I hope you're right AC! I see alot of speed on the LM defense which will make it hard to get around the corner on them. Maybe some missed tackles on the second level will allow some big gainers. Gotta sustain some good long drives and wear em down!

Watching this Oregon game and I love the tempo of the Ducks. Reminds me of Sulfur Springs. I'd love to see the Broncos call two plays more often to speed it up some.

Yea I like that hurry up they do.  Anyway...Dayton doesn't "turn the corner" for the big play.  Big play runs are usually off tackle and safety sucks in or off misdirection.  I'm just not seeing the so called "speed" you are seeing.  They may get caught from behind but I guarantee two or three big plays tomorrow.  Nations is also a master at setting plays up.

[quote name="rollinac" post="919710" timestamp="1290828949"]
Yea I like that hurry up they do.  Anyway...Dayton doesn't "turn the corner" for the big play.  Big play runs are usually off tackle and safety sucks in or off misdirection.  I'm just not seeing the so called "speed" you are seeing.  They may get caught from behind but I guarantee two or three big plays tomorrow.  Nations is also a master at setting plays up.
[/quote] Have to agree - Dayton is the king of big plays ! I think LM will be like every other team we faced this year and get caught being to aggressive on defense and leaving to much space in the backfield .  And its no coincidence that "big plays" ,sound blocking,and good execution go hand and hand !

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="919775" timestamp="1290833601"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=76420.msg919754#msg919754 date=1290831509]
What time is everybody leaving tomorrow for the game?
[/quote]

Tyrone's party bus will leave the garage at noon and will return after the png v manvel game.
[/quote] We leaving at 11 make sure we get a good seat  ;D

[quote name="rollinac" post="919805" timestamp="1290837229"]
I've got a great seat already for the game....the one I'm sitting in now as my life has been threatened if I show up at the game tomorrow (that is less than 10 minutes from my house over here)!
[/quote] aww thats just wrong. you should come.  ;D

Game faces on!!!! I'll be in Livingston today doin the family thang, at least until kick-off, then me and my laptop will up close and personal. Man I can't even remember the last time I missed two games in a row. Much less playoff games!

I'll be right there with you Rollinac, along with a bunch of others I suspect. You folks goin to the game better do your best to help seal the win. When LM has the ball on 3rd downs, I wanna be able to hear that Bronco crowd on the broadcast!!! Go get 'em Broncs!!!!!!!!

I am leaving a little before 11.
The trip should take right at an hour.
Remember, there is no access to the visitor parking lot from Dairy Ashford.  It is better to U-Turn on I-10 (coming from the east) stay on the feeder road, then turn right on Tully Road.  If you need really good directions, check my web page out...
http://www.toupsgraphics.com/fridaynightlights.html

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="918768" timestamp="1290721989"]
Why do so many posters think that La Marque is all that. Where did they end up last year? Beating Terry and Yates is not that great in the playoffs. Dayton has been very good for the last 4 years. Dayton will roll in this game. We have played good offensive lines and running backs many times this year. Always Believe.   8)     
[/quote]

FW knows Dayton, and believe me even when La Marque has been down, they were a very tough win for FW, as Dayton usually was for us, but the streak still lives Dayton! Expect a good game. If LM can avoid killing itself, this game can go either way. Good luck and have fun.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="918785" timestamp="1290723748"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg918780#msg918780 date=1290723229]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=76420.msg918768#msg918768 date=1290721989]
Why do so many posters think that La Marque is all that. Where did they end up last year? Beating Terry and Yates is not that great in the playoffs. Dayton has been very good for the last 4 years. Dayton will roll in this game. We have played good offensive lines and running backs many times this year. Always Believe.   8)     
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]For the very same reason that Bronco fans think their team is? We didn't play Terry in the playoffs (Manvel did) instead we played Yates and El Campo who at the the time were undefeated and were looked upon by many to be the region finalist along with Brenham. That's not really a good premise to go by though because teams play who they play not by choice but by the way the system is set up. I wouldn't exactly consider KP or Livingston world beaters either so you may want to consider your position? The next thing I'm gonna say is gonna fetch me some backlash but that's cool but if I went by your premise who in 20-4A besides Dayton had a quality season? I assure you this though...Dayton would not have went undefeated in 24-4A like they did in that cup cake district.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Probably all we can hope to get from you. Who do you think is going to win Dudes and why. I think LM will struggle without Tim Wright - Dayton will probably win by 14.

Would asking xlm to chill out on bolding everything be considered a value added post?
[/quote]

[quote name="jhanel" post="919913" timestamp="1290866119"]
GAMEDAY!!!

[color=purple][b]Dayton Vs La Marque[/b][/color]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_YkYdyphrs
[/quote] I LOVE that video... Now i'm EXTRA!!!! EXCITED!!!!!!

[quote name="rollinac" post="919805" timestamp="1290837229"]
I've got a great seat already for the game....the one I'm sitting in now as my life has been threatened if I show up at the game tomorrow (that is less than 10 minutes from my house over here)!
[/quote]
Is that because you havent been to a single DAY game this year and dont want to put the JU-Ju on em ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont