best running back in southeast texas

Not that this has much to do with the topic' date=' but Mosley and Dugat will be squaring off against each other this week -- talk about a highly anticipated matchup between two RBs!

Earlier this year, Garrett and Pierce Rhodes went head to head. Garrett ended up with 187 yards on 13 carries and 2 TDs, while Rhodes put up 31 yards on 12 carries. Earl Thomas finished the game with 21 yds. on 3 carries.

Per the Orange Leader, Justin Williams has 1,772 yards and 26 touchdowns on 190 carries. He went head-to-head with Esway from Warren last week (one of the top RBs in the area) and picked up 213 yards on 35 carries and got 4 TDs. Esway picked up 174 yards on 33 attempts and picked up 3 touchdowns.[/quote']

That's true, but remember, Rhodes was playing QB that night because Hazelwood was hurt. Garrett is a very good RB but what would he do running behind K-Ville's line against WOS. Its hard sometimes to compare head to head stats like that.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoStangs

Very true. It's hard to compare any stats, though, especially when you consider almost half of the season has been played against non-common predistrict opponents.

Not that this has much to do with the topic' date=' but Mosley and Dugat will be squaring off against each other this week -- talk about a highly anticipated matchup between two RBs!

Earlier this year, Garrett and Pierce Rhodes went head to head. Garrett ended up with 187 yards on 13 carries and 2 TDs, while Rhodes put up 31 yards on 12 carries. Earl Thomas finished the game with 21 yds. on 3 carries.

Per the Orange Leader, Justin Williams has 1,772 yards and 26 touchdowns on 190 carries. He went head-to-head with Esway from Warren last week (one of the top RBs in the area) and picked up 213 yards on 35 carries and got 4 TDs. Esway picked up 174 yards on 33 attempts and picked up 3 touchdowns.[/quote']

I think tring to compare Rhodes filling in at quarterback for the first time is not a very good comparison. Just my opinion.

Guest RacinJason1083

you know, i've read five pages of recommendations for guys that are great running backs, and some that are great running quarterbacks. nowhere in any of those posts did anyone mention the running duo from WB. Christian Michael has rushed for 810 yards ( 88 attempts) and 16 TD's, while his sidekick, Albert Williams has rushed for 955 yards ( 89 attampts) and 7 TD's. WB also leads the greater houston area for total offense at 3267 yards this season (408.4 yards per game). give credit where credit's due!!!

Williams and Esway both have the key ingredients for a very good running back.They see the field well have great speed and FINISH their runs.Either one of these kids could play at the big schools.I don't know Justin ,but I know Marc has had several letters from some pretty good colleges.

Pierce Rhodes is very dangerous. He is subject to break long runs from any where on the field.

Hey, balla. When are you going to answer the question "What years did you play for Kville?" You ashamed? You keep ducking the question. Don't be afraid, little man. The truth will set you free! Fact is, you could not get the job done when you were a running back for Kville.

Trying to heal your pain through the performance of Pierce Rhodes is pretty pathetic, don't you think? No matter how good the Cats are, you remain a loser. That has to be hard for you, I know, but see if you can't get over it.

From the posts that I have read from you, I suspect that when you played, Bridge City and Silsbee must have broke it off in you! :lol: That's why you got it bad for those guys, huh?

C'mon balla, what years were you the RB for Kville?

Come on DP#1 fan, if stats only mattered all college scouts would have to do is buy newspapers. Stats really doesn't tell much of a story, I have seen kids rush or pass for alot of yards or hit for a unbelievable average in baseball and not get an offer from college. The question is could this kid go to WOS and start ahead of their backs,could he go to Dayton and beat out Dugat or could he go play in 4a or 5a against bigger, faster and more athletic defenses and put up the same numbers. I'm sure the kid is good but I can't crown someone best in the area just by their stats

I don't live there anymore DP#1,I moved back home.I didn't mean to knock the kid everything I hear tells me he is a player. DV's kids and coaches are doing a great job and there are players on that team that I love like they were my own sons, and I really like and respect you. I guess what I really wanted to know is, will he be a Div 1 football player because some of the other backs in southeast Texas will be, and the topic was who is the best back in southeast Texas. Sorry if it came across like I was being rough on the kid. I will come and see the pirates, and you can buy me a coke :D

Heck I'll buy 2 cokes my friend. Come when you get a chance. The kids play hard and Justin runs hard. 1 D1 school has come and watched him that I know of. It is hard for a kid from a small school to get looked at even though they have the skills that match kids from bigger schools. Justin can play at the next level. He just needs the chance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin