best running back in southeast texas

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason to bash a kid on the board! Williams is a very talented runner. Yes he is a small school, and yes he has been racking up yards. So why bash the kid? Jealousy! Just give the kids props that are doing a good job.Justin is one of the elites in SETX......And yes I would like to see him play with the likes of Thomas, Mosely, and the rest fo the Larger schools. But it will never happen, because of the sizes. So get over it.

iT IS LAUGHABLE THAT YOU WOULD COMPARE A 2A RUNNNINGBACK WITH A 4A OR 3A RUNNINGBACK. When I was a senior at Orangefield we had a runningback by the name of Beaux Daville. He rushed for over 200o yards and had over 25 TD's. He was also the winner of the willie Ray Smith award. But He was still not as talented as the runningbacks from the 4 a district above us. That is why he went to Southwest Oklahomas State instead of Oklahoma State. Westbrooks Freshman runngbacks could rush for a 1000 yards at deweyville' date=' The Burrell kid that is a sophmore at HJ would dominate at Deweyville, and I'm not jocking when I say it but there are truely many eight graders in this are that have more Talent then Williams.[/b'] He is succesful because of where he is at. I have seen him play to.

You are crazy. Where a kid lives, or the size school that he goes to has absolutely nothing to do with talent. Rodney Thomas went to Groveton (1a) and could have started for any 5A around.

:evil: I feel I have to say something to daddy5009 about your comments concerning Justin Williams and basically all players at Deweyville. Yes, we are a small school....a small school with alot of talent....in all sports. For you to personally attack Justin by saying "there are truely many eight graders in this are that have more Talent then Williams" shows your maturity level....8TH GRADE! Justin is not only a great football player, he is a great kid who deserves recognition for what he's done, not to be put down. Being from a small school, these kids have to work twice as hard to prove themselves, because they usually DON'T get the recognition they deserve. And I have seen him play also....and he is amazing to watch on the field! Why you ask? Because not only is he a great player, he has HEART!! You, daddy5009, owe Justin an apology!

daddy5009, So you went to that big school over in Orangefield? We all know you were a superstar right? Boy you should watch what you say on here. People can find out who you are but you HIDE behind that user name. :lol: Trust me you wouldn't want to be standing there and that runningback from Deweyville coming at you. You would be looking for a place to HIDE right? :oops:

Let me remind some people that Colt Mccoy came from a 3A school in Texas.

And for those of you who dont know Colt, he is the starting QB for the University of Texas which is ranked #4 in the Country right now..Who just surpassed the record this past week for most touchdowns in a single year for a Texas QB..passing Simms,Applewhite, and yes Vince Young..

Also one of his favorite targets is Jordan Shipley who also comes from a 3A school.

Im not knocking anyone in particular, but I'm seeing the word great being used a little too much when referring to some of these players... Dont get me wrong over the past few year there have been some real good ones, but the only person I would even put close to being a highschool great from this area and the last year or two would be Jamaal Charles, and not anyone this year at the running back position has come close to doing what he did over his highschool career so lets try to hold off from using the word great when commenting on kids and just for h%ll of it he was a 5A running back with those types of numbers

Let me remind some people that Colt Mccoy came from a 3A school in Texas.

And for those of you who dont know Colt' date=' he is the starting QB for the University of Texas which is ranked #4 in the Country right now..Who just surpassed the record this past week for most touchdowns in a single year for a Texas QB..passing Simms,Applewhite, and yes Vince Young..

Also one of his favorite targets is Jordan Shipley who also comes from a 3A school.[/quote']

uhh i thought it was 2a or 1a?? tuscola jim-ned i think was the name of the school

Guest TravelingBandsman

Michael Dugat surpassed 1000 rushing yds. for the 3rd straight year I believe it is at the Nederland game. I would definitely put him high on the list.

The best backs I have seen this year(in no particular order):

Micah Mosley- Nederland

Colton Johnson- Waller

the kid from LaMarque

Michael Dugat- Dayton

Brad Croak- Vidor

I'd like to see Mosely go to either Texas Tech or Houston. He could play RB or WR at either of those. I hope he does not go somewhere that will play him only at safety or CB though.

Michael Dugat surpassed 1000 rushing yds. for the 3rd straight year I believe it is at the Nederland game. I would definitely put him high on the list.

Mike Dugat has surpassed the 1000 yard mark for the 4th straight year, with 2000 coming in 2004 as a sophmore. This mark puts him over 5000 carear yards and in the top 10 all time of 4A football. Another 200 yards and he moves into the top 5 all time. He has had a great high school carear at Dayton and also has over 70 TD's in his career.

Guest GoStangs

Micah Mosley- Nederland

Colton Johnson- Waller

the kid from LaMarque

Michael Dugat- Dayton

Brad Croak- Vidor

I'd like to see Mosely go to either Texas Tech or Houston. He could play RB or WR at either of those. I hope he does not go somewhere that will play him only at safety or CB though.

Jake, come to our playoff game next Friday night (assuming NED plays on Saturday) and tell me what you think of Garrett. He's just a good, hard-nosed runner and has put together some of the best runs I've ever seen.

Russell,

There is a good chance I will be there. I am not 100% sure we will be playing next week.. Our pass D is not good, we have an injured DE, our fullback is probably out, and we lost multiple starters to grades or at least those are the things I am hearing. Looking forward to seeing Garrett play.. Also, a buddy of mine was on the sidelines at y'all's game a few weeks ago and was raving about your QB's arm.

Guest GoStangs

Bevil throws a pretty pass and makes it look effortless. He's been a lot of fun to watch, also. Let me know if you decide to go to the game and I'll make sure to save you a seat near us.

Micah Mosley- Nederland

Colton Johnson- Waller

the kid from LaMarque

Michael Dugat- Dayton

Brad Croak- Vidor

Well. you need to check out Pierce Rhodes from Kirbyville. This young man average 200 yards a game. He only had 35 yards in the first half against Silsbee and 175 yards in the second half.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder