best running back in southeast texas

I went to rivals .com and typed in his name..not even ranked..

Then I went to a "state" search and he wasn't listed on the top 100 recruits..

so how can you say Godogs27 that he is the best back in the state??

Do you know something that these recruiters dont..

Ironically the kid from Waller is listed at #17 in the state of total athletes...Go check it out yourself..Maybe get off the Nederland website for a change ,and you might learn soemthing.. You might learn that Nederland isnt the only team in the state...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again... people putting words in my mouth... I am tired of correcting what other people say... What I said was, is that he is the best in SOUTHEAST TEXAS... here you go... go down to rushing leaders....

http://www.chron.com/c/apps/sports/hs/fb/fb_results.mpl?category=class_lead&year=2006&season=2006&class=4A&submit.x=6&submit.y=10

No of course not... Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I am just kinda shocked I guess... Any sports writer I've talked to (and I've talked to several across Texas) say Mosley is the best back in southeast Texas... if not the whole state...
No godogs..this is what you said.....

is it not??

I DIDNT SAY THAT!!! the sports writers I've talked to say that....

But you do agree with them, correct? So, in a way you did.

I agree with piratefan, no doubt a great RB, but not the best in the state. Although, I have not seen him....oh well, I will decide tonight....

Sports writers are on the outside looking in. But can write whatever they want in hopes that people like you will believe everything they say.

Players and coaches tend to tell the truth a little better because they actually have to play the game.

Thats why I'm not a big fan of the All district, All state, Miss America crap ! Sometimes they get it wrong and dissapoint a deserving kid.

If WO-S's primary weapon was DPG, there is no telling how many yards he would have right now. Our offense is more of a "spread the love" offense. Anyone of them can hurt you with a big play.

I have seen Depauldrick do some things I didn't think were humanly possible. I would bet that half of his yards are after contact.

My vote goes to Marc Esway from Warren.He has rushed for over 200 yards in just about every game this season despite the defenses keying solely on him.His only game this year he didn't have real good stats was EC,where he was injured with 27 seconds left in the first quarter.He had 55 yards in that quarter.He and Williams from Deweyville put on a show in the Warren/Deweyville game.Kid is very fast and has good size and is attracting several colleges.

I want to give credit to a guy named Rocky Calhoun from Silsbee....i don't think he is the best but he is a good, hard runner that doesn't get a lot of credit. He has great second and third effort, just doesn't have the numbers like these other guys because they have like 4 RB's and a QB that loves to keep the ball. He did score 3 TD's against HJ though

michah mosley is ranked 190 or 191 in the nation at running back and no1 around this area is beatin him at it and he will go to a div 1 school and yes that would be awesome if he did go to ut and played fullback him and jamal charles together in the back feild 2 south east teans supporting our fine athletic area

If you compare the stats between Nederland and WO-S then Micah Mosley

gets the edge over Depauldrick Garrett based solely on the fact that

both teams have comparable QB's in performance (except TD's).

True that Garrett from WO-S has less attempts but if you look

at the yards per carry production then it wouldn't matter.

If you went solely on stats then M. Mosley is the better producer

of the two. There are mitigating factors that you can figure into

both teams, Class, Size, Speed, team strengths, etc.

Too make it interesting look at the THREE backs from East Chambers, yes

I said THREE. Two of them are close to a 1000 yards rushing with a QB

(Tremain Thomas) who has also thrown for similiar yardage.

Those two backs could very well be the best individual backs in Southeast Texas,

they are definitely the best tandem backfield in the area.

One more thing. If you had to award the best all around athlete on offense then

the best athlete in the area is:

#1 Brandon Williams Central Total Yards from Scrimmage: 1929 Yards

Pierce Rhodes Kirbyville 901 81 11.1 14

Depauldrick Garrett West Orange-Stark 782 115 6.8 9

Andre Bevil West Orange-Stark 87 133 2 18 1457

Aaron Hazlewood Kirbyville 28 50 2 2 700

Micah Mosley Nederland 1482 182 8.1 18

Brandon Williams Beaumont Central 959 89 10.8 10

Michael Dugat Dayton 916 119 7.7 13

Alex Moshier Nederland 65 135 5 9 1046

Brandon Williams Beaumont Central 62 110 4 8 970

Cody Green 57 89 6 595 6

Tramain Thomas East Chambers 927 120 7.7 17

Eugene Leday East Chambers 747 106 7.0 11

michah mosley is ranked 190 or 191 in the nation at running back and no1 around this area is beatin him at it and he will go to a div 1 school and yes that would be awesome if he did go to ut and played fullback him and jamal charles together in the back feild 2 south east teans supporting our fine athletic area
texas will get a back that is ranked in the top 10 or 20..NOT 190 or 191..sorry

Saying who is the best is very hard to do. I think Mosley is the best because of stats,and he shows up in big games fo NED. He even produces when The other teams put 8 or 9 in the box to stop him. What i realize over the years is that having a good high school career means little when the scouts put the stopwatch on ya,or when God stopped ya at 5'6" instead of 5'10". Ive seen plenty of WO-S D lineman and linebackers handle bigger boys from All the area schools and alot of the guysthey destroyed end up with scholarships to big-time schools because not only were they good players, but they had bigger frames and were taller. Its just the way it goes. The scouts like numbers and stats,but alot of times they have a pre set size that they want a guy to be. And definitely having some speed and moves is a plus. Mosley is the truth(although D. Garrett is my favorite).Both really good backs in therir own right.The Deweyville kid is good but move him up a classification or two and i KNOW he would not put up those stats. Just my 3 cents.

I went to rivals .com and typed in his name..not even ranked..

Then I went to a "state" search and he wasn't listed on the top 100 recruits..

so how can you say Godogs27 that he is the best back in the state??

Do you know something that these recruiters dont..

Ironically the kid from Waller is listed at #17 in the state of total athletes...Go check it out yourself..Maybe get off the Nederland website for a change ' date='and you might learn soemthing.. You might learn that Nederland isnt the only team in the state...[/quote']

Sorry to tell you that colleges don't look at rivals to recruit players, they are not anything but a money making website. So you might learn something by keeping your mouth shut for once.

Sports writers are on the outside looking in. But can write whatever they want in hopes that people like you will believe everything they say.

Players and coaches tend to tell the truth a little better because they actually have to play the game.

Thats why I'm not a big fan of the All district' date=' All state, Miss America crap ! Sometimes they get it wrong and dissapoint a deserving kid.[/quote']

You might be talking about paper picks but its those Coaches "who tell it best" that pick those All-District.....All State teams. And do still leave some out but can still honerably mention them if need be!?!? The statement is a little contradicting IMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder