Kirbyville vs La Vega @ Turner Stadium/Humble Thur. 7:30PM

Lefty99

Not sure about this year, but when we played them in 07 I think, LaVega was a very big team. Their O and D line were huge. They beat us, Cant remember the score, but they manhandled our lines all night. I think that was just a special year for them. I do remember that they have a traveling fan base of the likes of PNG or Nederland. And they all chant in unison. Reminded me of LaMarque fans in the '90s. Go get em K'ville! Im rooting for you.

Hell, i might even try to make it to yalls game.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kicker" post="909669" timestamp="1289839037"]
Not sure about this year, but when we played them in 07 I think, LaVega was a very big team. Their O and D line were huge. They beat us, Cant remember the score, but they manhandled our lines all night. I think that was just a special year for them. I do remember that they have a traveling fan base of the likes of PNG or Nederland. And they all chant in unison. Reminded me of LaMarque fans in the '90s. Go get em K'ville! Im rooting for you.

heck, i might even try to make it to yalls game.
[/quote]

Come on kicker...We can use all the help we can get..lol. ;)

[/quote]

Yes I remeber it also. I believe that the same year Kville lost to China Springs at Kyle and they went on to face Lavega the next round.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="909678" timestamp="1289839493"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=76017.msg909669#msg909669 date=1289839037]

[/quote]

Yes I remeber it also. I believe that the same year Kville lost to China Springs at Kyle and they went on to face Lavega the next round.
[/quote]

Yeah, and I think it was Silsbee that beat Caldwell that week then lost to China Springs the next right before yall played them? Memory is bad, thats what happens when you turn 30 I guess. :D

[/quote]

We were leading in the game by a few points and in the second half they kept us penned around our goal line and they kept getting the ball at our 30 or so.The defense did one heck of a job keeping them out of the end zone but they finally scored late.We were still in it late but were running out of time.I think we let them score so we could get the ball back but their defense stepted up as they had all t he second half.

[/quote]
there is alot i want to respond to but this one i could not pass up....[color=red]I do remember that they have a traveling fan base of the likes of PNG or Nederland. [/color] well you must not come to many of our games because or town has a population of maybe 2,000, and you better believe we are almost all at the games...even in big stadiums we take up almost the whole side. i bet we carry a larger crowd if not twice the amount.  and who cares if the cheer in unison! we have cowbells and VERY LOUD MOUTHS!!!!!! sorry but im all for pumping it up for the cats. and as long as we are cheering you can tell the boys love it!!! one more thing....GO LIL WILL!!! hit'em hard!

[quote name="BPSWildcat" post="907956" timestamp="1289702109"]
Ok here's what I see from this and a few other threads.

1. Kville68 is obviously, from some recent posts, a Grissom with an axe to grind. Get over the Thursday night games man...you do know we're not the only se TX team left playing, right? And we're playing a team from...ummm...uhhh...WACO!!! LOGISTICS...LOOK IT UP!

2. Stink...don't let these guys get to you! I've never seen you so snappy and aggrivated by a papsmear or two. We both know Jack has done the best job of any kville coach...ever! And success breeds tremendous following...that's why these posts criticizing our coaches make the authors seem like they're writing from retardsville! So let them continue to embarrass themselves.

3. To the players that read these things...STOP IT!!! There's way too many old, wrinkly, e.d. infested guys on here that you don't need to listen to! Stay focused guys...were all proud of you!

And if anybody wants to talk about this post in further detail, I'll be in Humble Thurs ...my name is Dean Wright...find me!

[/quote]

you are one of my husbands friends and i wont have a problem telling you what i think!

I know it's one game at a time at this point but the posibilities for the next two matchups makes the La Vega game even better. Blow these Pirates out of the water 'Cats. There are some boys a little closer to home that seem to think the 2nd time's a charm. I bet there are a few Wildcats that will be ready to change their mind about that! Keep rolling 'Cats! We're proud of you!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="911919" timestamp="1290052385"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=76017.msg911876#msg911876 date=1290049618]
There are some boys a little closer to home that seem to think the 2nd time's a charm.[/quote]

There ain't no "seem to" to it... ;D ;)
[/quote]

:o

too bad we have to wait two weeks (if we both make it)
to see that.. will be about the same point gap imo.
kville is just better this year.

[quote name="kville68" post="911876" timestamp="1290049618"]
I know it's one game at a time at this point but the posibilities for the next two matchups makes the La Vega game even better. Blow these Pirates out of the water 'Cats. There are some boys a little closer to home that seem to think the 2nd time's a charm. I bet there are a few Wildcats that will be ready to change their mind about that! Keep rolling 'Cats! We're proud of you!
[/quote]

Wow, La Vega are the Pirates.  Hey Kville fans,  Dont attack this Vidor Pirate fan when he shows up tonight and sits on the visitors side with you.  I might be wearing a pirate shirt but I will be cheering for the Kats.  ;D