Kirbyville vs La Vega @ Turner Stadium/Humble Thur. 7:30PM

Lefty99

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="wildcat11" post="906428" timestamp="1289624254"]
Any idea when official word will come in?  I was listening to the game on 1660 espn and they said it would be posted on their website..but I got nothing so far.
[/quote]

It will not be posted until the reach an agreement on the site and time.

[quote name="Sloe" post="906423" timestamp="1289624068"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=76017.msg906410#msg906410 date=1289623782]
[b]Unofficially the game will be Thursday night.[/b]  No time or stadium has been decided but I will update as soon as I get official word.

[/quote]Really?
[/quote]

Really!  Thur. is a done deal but the whole thing is unofficial until they agree on site.  They are working on that right now.

I still say its wrong to schedual it on a Thursday. The team belongs to and represents the entire community. If Alverez did not pick it he still does not have to agree with it.  It is not what is best for the students or[b] student[/b] athlets and that should be enough of a reason.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="906410" timestamp="1289623782"]
The game will be Thursday night.

Word coming in is the following places could be the venue:
Nacogdoches, Longview, Humble, or Conroe

This is the hardest part the coaches have to deal with.  They [b]both[/b] have to agree on the site for the game.  It may not seem fair to the fans but they are doing what is best for their respective teams...after all they are the ones playing the game.  With that said I know some will be upset including myself but [b]we will not tolerate bashing of the coaches for their decision(s).[/b]
[/quote]
I would never bash Coach Alvarez...I support our coaches 100%, just going to be tough drive. Wouldnt be the first time though that I made a turn around trip. #1 WILDCAT!!! Always and forever  ;D

[quote name="kville68" post="906462" timestamp="1289625284"]
I still say its wrong to schedual it on a Thursday. The team belongs to and represents the entire community. If Alverez did not pick Thursday he still does not have to agree with it. He is going to do whatever he wants. It is not what is best for the students and that should be enough of a reason.
[/quote]

Again, it's not all about what Alvarez wants.  As far as we know LVega coaches could've wanted Thur.  Who are you blamming then?

The coaches do what's in the best interest of the "team".  You're right you don't have to agree with it.  You have an opinion and are entitled to it.  They wanted Thursday night.

[quote name="TenaciousD" post="906477" timestamp="1289625692"]
I'll take winning over convenience any day.  I'd like the game to be Friday but as long as they win I'll be happy.  I won't question Jack, he knows what he's doing.
[/quote]

I agree.  My hubby and kids won't be happy they can't go...but we support Jack, he has gotten us where we are for a reason.  I will be there regardless of when or where!

[quote name="kville68" post="906462" timestamp="1289625284"]
I still say its wrong to schedual it on a Thursday. The team belongs to and represents the entire community. If Alverez did not pick it he still does not have to agree with it.  It is not what is best for the students or[b] student[/b] athlets and that should be enough of a reason.
[/quote]

You say you support the team to the end.  I have a question for you.  Would you rather be at home missing the playoffs or have a good chance at going back to state?  It's simple.  Sooner or later the games will start being on Fri and Sat until the title game...oh, but wait!  The title game is on a Friday at 4:00pm in Dallas.  I wonder if you will be screaming then if Kville is in the title game?  I don't think so!

This is the hardest part the coaches have to deal with.  They [b]both[/b] have to agree on the site for the game.  It may not seem fair to the fans but they are doing what is best for their respective teams...after all they are the ones playing the game.  With that said I know some will be upset including myself but we will not tolerate bashing of the coaches for their decision(s).
[/quote]

Got my fingers crossed for Humble or Conroe.  Might be able to make one of those.

[quote name="TenaciousD" post="906491" timestamp="1289626321"]

This is the hardest part the coaches have to deal with.  They [b]both[/b] have to agree on the site for the game.  It may not seem fair to the fans but they are doing what is best for their respective teams...after all they are the ones playing the game.  With that said I know some will be upset including myself but we will not tolerate bashing of the coaches for their decision(s).
[/quote]

Got my fingers crossed for Humble or Conroe.  Might be able to make one of those.
[/quote]

No kidding.  If it ends up in Humble I just might be abe to swing it but it is highly doubtful.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="906497" timestamp="1289626395"]
[quote author=TenaciousD link=topic=76017.msg906491#msg906491 date=1289626321]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No kidding.  If it ends up in Humble I just might be abe to swing it but it is highly doubtful.
[/quote]
30 minute drive for me either way.  Hopefully I can get the evening off.  I have fond memories of Kirbyville games in Humble too.

[quote name="TenaciousD" post="906499" timestamp="1289626631"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=76017.msg906497#msg906497 date=1289626395]
[quote author=TenaciousD link=topic=76017.msg906491#msg906491 date=1289626321]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
30 minute drive for me either way.  Hopefully I can get the evening off.  I have fond memories of Kirbyville games in Humble too.
[/quote]

Yeah buddy!

[/quote]
are they still discussin time & place?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Lefty99" post="906506" timestamp="1289626758"]
Fairfield was terrible tonight but they say that La Vega is a good athletic team.  I still don't see them hanging with the Cats.
[/quote]

You are sadly mistaken if you do not think LaVega can hang with [s]Brownwood[/s] oops Kirbyville ;D

I'm kinda hoping for Nac. or Huntsville. Not to keen on the Thurs. night games either. I have 2 lil ones in Elem. school and it was rough on them having to wake up this morning to take tests after being in Lufkin last night. If they do choose it to be a Thursday, could they please schedule the tests for Thursday instead. It will be rough on the kids having to take tests after only getting a few hours sleep. But I do see the point on wanting to scout on Fridays after playing on Thurs. It's smart on the coaches part. But rough on those who have to travel and work the next day...or go to school the next morning as well.