Kirbyville vs La Vega @ Turner Stadium/Humble Thur. 7:30PM

Lefty99

Ok here's what I see from this and a few other threads.

1. Kville68 is obviously, from some recent posts, a Grissom with an axe to grind. Get over the Thursday night games man...you do know we're not the only se TX team left playing, right? And we're playing a team from...ummm...uhhh...WACO!!! LOGISTICS...LOOK IT UP!

2. Stink...don't let these guys get to you! I've never seen you so snappy and aggrivated by a papsmear or two. We both know Jack has done the best job of any kville coach...ever! And success breeds tremendous following...that's why these posts criticizing our coaches make the authors seem like they're writing from retardsville! So let them continue to embarrass themselves.

3. To the players that read these things...STOP IT!!! There's way too many old, wrinkly, e.d. infested guys on here that you don't need to listen to! Stay focused guys...were all proud of you!

And if anybody wants to talk about this post in further detail, I'll be in Humble Thurs ...my name is Dean Wright...find me!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BPSWildcat" post="907956" timestamp="1289702109"]

1. Kville68 is obviously, from some recent posts, a Grissom with an axe to grind. Get over the Thursday night games man...you do know we're not the only se TX team left playing, right? And we're playing a team from...ummm...uhhh...WACO!!! LOGISTICS...LOOK IT UP!

2. Stink...don't let these guys get to you! I've never seen you so snappy and aggrivated by a papsmear or two. We both know Jack has done the best job of any kville coach...ever! And success breeds tremendous following...that's why these posts criticizing our coaches make the authors seem like they're writing from retardsville! So let them continue to embarrass themselves.

3. To the players that read these things...STOP IT!!! There's way too many old, wrinkly, e.d. infested guys on here that you don't need to listen to! Stay focused guys...were all proud of you!

[b]And if anybody wants to talk about this post in further detail, I'll be in Humble Thurs ...my name is Dean Wright...find me![/b]

[/quote]

;) :D ;D

[quote name="Lefty99" post="907964" timestamp="1289702370"]
[quote author=BPSWildcat link=topic=76017.msg907956#msg907956 date=1289702109]

[b]And if anybody wants to talk about this post in further detail, I'll be in Humble Thurs ...my name is Dean Wright...find me![/b]

[/quote]

[/quote]
:D ;DAWESOME!!!!

[quote name="Kville99" post="907981" timestamp="1289702745"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=76017.msg907964#msg907964 date=1289702370]
[quote author=BPSWildcat link=topic=76017.msg907956#msg907956 date=1289702109]

[/quote]

[/quote]
:D ;DAWESOME!!!!
[/quote]

Classic! +1 ;D

[quote name="BPSWildcat" post="907956" timestamp="1289702109"]

And if anybody wants to talk about this post in further detail, I'll be in Humble Thurs ...my name is Dean Wright...find me!

[/quote] :o :o :o :o ;D

Man..... Who knew so many people were so sensitive. I don't know how so many people can read more into what I am saying than I am.

First of all I said[b] I[/b] would disagree with choosing a Thursday game and gave what I felt were valid reasons why. Does not change a thing and I would not expect it to. I also added that I did not have to agree with something to support it. I only defended my position when I felt someone was going a bit far. But he sent me a PM and I respect his point of view and enjoy reading what he has to say. We are grown folks talking about something we are passionate about so that was it. 
Once before I caught heat because I said that IMO the Cats have too much of a tendency to get sloppy and flat late in the game which is a bad habit which you can not do in the playoffs. I was a bit over zealous in the way I worded it which I appologized for. But after multiple turnovers late in the game against Center coach Alverez himself said basically the same thing in the banner. Then against BB again ONLY in the fourth the same thing happened. I am not saying that they are not a great team I said they are better than that.  That does not take away from what they have done.

It would be sad if no one could say anything on here but "YEAH TEAM". This is a great team and they have a great shot at doing what no one outside of Kirbyville thought they would do. They have the talent and the drive to do it.

So for the record.......Yes Alverez is a great coach, good man.
Widcats......... Great team deserve respect and support, they can go all the way.

What else can be said? Lets talk football

[quote name="jacpac00" post="908542" timestamp="1289741317"]
Hey, no need to be bashing former coaches and their families ~ makes it sound like YOU'RE the one with the axe to grind  ;) Let's keep it clean, positive and supportive of the team!
[/quote]

Ha! You said former coach! What a joke! Jk...couldn't resist that one! I use his name in vein for effect only!

The point is this...68 u have the right to disagree with anyone u want. Just make sure u have the bollocks to say it to Jack's face Thursday night, too!

[quote name="kville68" post="908757" timestamp="1289756926"]
I will be sure to do that.

Does anyone know what kind of offensive does La Vega run? Numbers pass / rush, key players? Maxpreps does not have it.
[/quote]

I am sill trying to find something on La Vega but am having a hard time.

[quote name="kvillefan1992" post="908881" timestamp="1289768637"]
I just looked at the rankings..and Im wondering why Kirbyville dropped. I looked it up on Dave Campbells website. Doesnt make sense. Anyways..just curious!

[size=18pt][color=red][b]STATE BOUND...GO CATS!!![/b][/color][/size]
[/quote]

Its not always that you lose that makes you drop in rank. If you do not win by as much as they thought you would or someone else wins by more than they thought. At this point all they have to do is keep winning by atleast one. ;D

[quote name="kvillefan1992" post="908881" timestamp="1289768637"]
I just looked at the rankings..and Im wondering why Kirbyville dropped. I looked it up on Dave Campbells website. Doesnt make sense. Anyways..just curious!

[/quote]

I don't think the AP releases anymore rankings until the playoffs are over. 

[quote name="Lefty99" post="908857" timestamp="1289766455"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=76017.msg908757#msg908757 date=1289756926]
I will be sure to do that.

Does anyone know what kind of offensive does La Vega run? Numbers pass / rush, key players? Maxpreps does not have it.
[/quote]

I am sill trying to find something on La Vega but am having a hard time.
[/quote]

I have looked all over. From the Waco news to youtube. La Vega is obviously a good team but they don't get much press. Some video on youtube from last year.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="908916" timestamp="1289769842"]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=76017.msg908881#msg908881 date=1289768637]

[/quote]

I don't think the AP releases anymore rankings until the playoffs are over. 
[/quote]

Were they AP rankings or Dave Cambell site rankings? Either way I dont think the Cats are worried about rankings. They beat all the haters by just being where they are right now.

I think one of the Wildcats greatest advantages is Ford but not just because of his rushing. Every week you can read the press from the hometown of who we are playing. They think he is the whole team. They do have to focus on him or he will make them pay but he is a team player and an unusually unselfish player for an athlete of his caliber. He has that rare vision of the feild. But while the D is worried about him Burman physically TAKES his yards and Haywood is accross the line before they notice he has the ball. If you watch Ford during the game he is just as happy when any of them do well. Thats a lot of weapons but thats not even close to all that La Vega has to worry about because it looks like the two biggest game changers every week are Breed and Cucancic. No game plan can shut those two down because they are everywhere at once. Mike Tyson said once [b]"Everybody has a plan.....Until they get hit"[/b] and if that hit come from either  Breed or Will Tyler you can bet that plan just changed!  You can have your D-backs shadow Ford all night but as a whole this team is tough.