Kirbyville vs La Vega @ Turner Stadium/Humble Thur. 7:30PM

Lefty99

[quote name="First Down" post="906533" timestamp="1289627535"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=76017.msg906506#msg906506 date=1289626758]
Fairfield was terrible tonight but they say that La Vega is a good athletic team.  I still don't see them hanging with the Cats.
[/quote]

You are sadly mistaken if you do not think LaVega can hang with [s]Brownwood[/s] oops Kirbyville ;D
[/quote]

Ok, for a half they might hang with them. ;D

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="wildcatfan2000" post="906537" timestamp="1289627581"]
I'm kinda hoping for Nac. or Huntsville. Not to keen on the Thurs. night games either. I have 2 lil ones in Elem. school and it was rough on them having to wake up this morning to take tests after being in Lufkin last night. If they do choose it to be a Thursday, could they please schedule the tests for Thursday instead. It will be rough on the kids having to take tests after only getting a few hours sleep. But I do see the point on wanting to scout on Fridays after playing on Thurs. It's smart on the coaches part. But rough on those who have to travel and work the next day...or go to school the next morning as well.
[/quote]

Very respectful post wildcatfan!  We all understand the troubles it causes in the kids having to get up for school.  Trust me I didn't want to go to work (in PA) this morning after driving 2 hrs back to Bmt but I had to.  It's the price we pay for being loyal fans.

[quote name="kvillefan1992" post="906556" timestamp="1289627986"]
I think thats a great idea...All kville teachers...do test on Thurs. Take it easy on our kids friday!!! :) ;D
[/quote]

Somebody needs to get that message to my boss to let me take off half a day Thur and all Fri. from here on out!  ;D

It used to be that if the coaches did not agree on something, they have to flip a coin for it.  Does that still ring true?  Also, why would a coach want to play on Thursday night so he could scout on Friday?  They get film on the other teams and they have a scout team that goes to the game.  I can't see purposely making your fans drive a good distance on a Thursday night just so you could scout the next night.  Maybe they couldn't get a stadium on Friday night.  Either way, it helps having fans at the game, getting them pumped up and being loud.  Maybe there are other reasons for scheduling Thursday than just scouting purposes.

[quote name="wildcatfan2000" post="906611" timestamp="1289631079"]
Just curious, as we're all waiting for the updates on the date/time/location .. does anyone have the stats on Waco La Vega? What is their record this year, who are their losses to?...and are they a running/passing team.. or combo?
[/quote]

6-4 on season  3-2 in district play

Here is the link to max prep for their stats:

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/gQtEnuGEXkaDzgF51WaW7A/la-vega-pirates/football/schedule.htm

[quote name="w" post="906615" timestamp="1289631512"]
It used to be that if the coaches did not agree on something, they have to flip a coin for it.  Does that still ring true?  Also, why would a coach want to play on Thursday night so he could scout on Friday?  They get film on the other teams and they have a scout team that goes to the game.  I can't see purposely making your fans drive a good distance on a Thursday night just so you could scout the next night.  Maybe they couldn't get a stadium on Friday night.  Either way, it helps having fans at the game, getting them pumped up and being loud.  Maybe there are other reasons for scheduling Thursday than just scouting purposes.
[/quote]

About the scouting on Friday.  It give the head coach and his varsity coaches a chance to get out and see the games themselves which is a huge advantage.  Yes, they will have film of the game they go see but it appears that they like the chances a little better if the varsity coaches are about to do the scouting. The truth is we fans are at their mercy.  They make the call based on the best interest of the team not the fans.  That may seem wrong to many but I don't question Alvarez or La Vega's HC.  The both are very sucessful coaches that have done alot for their towns.

Lefty99 - How old are you?? I've been listening off and on and you seem pretty in touch with K-Ville (I am a Nederland Grad but like to keep up with what the little powerhouse up the road is doing), you must be a young buck to have this much time/care for HS football, enjoy it before you have a wife and kids..Either way good job and keep up the hard work.

[quote name="Footballfann71" post="906737" timestamp="1289659685"]
Lefty99 - How old are you?? I've been listening off and on and you seem pretty in touch with K-Ville (I am a Nederland Grad but like to keep up with what the little powerhouse up the road is doing), you must be a young buck to have this much time/care for HS football, enjoy it before you have a wife and kids..Either way good job and keep up the hard work.
[/quote]

30.  I went to HS in Kville and fell into broadcasting the games 3 yrs ago.  I do have a wife and 1 child.  They are both very understanding in the role I play and support me becasue they (especially my wife ;D) know how much I enjoy football. 

[quote name="Lefty99" post="906745" timestamp="1289660170"]
[quote author=Footballfann71 link=topic=76017.msg906737#msg906737 date=1289659685]
[/quote]

30.  I went to HS in Kville and fell into broadcasting the games 3 yrs ago.  I do have a wife and 1 child.  They are both very understanding in the role I play and s[b]upport me becasue they (especially my wife ;D) know how much I enjoy football[/b]. 
[/quote]

Man, where did you find one of those? ;D i hope my wife doesnt read this board. Well, shes from Deweyville, so cant read anyway. She makes a killer mac and cheese though. ;)

[quote name="kicker" post="906812" timestamp="1289662991"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=76017.msg906745#msg906745 date=1289660170]
[quote author=Footballfann71 link=topic=76017.msg906737#msg906737 date=1289659685]
[/quote]

30.  I went to HS in Kville and fell into broadcasting the games 3 yrs ago.  I do have a wife and 1 child.  They are both very understanding in the role I play and s[b]upport me becasue they (especially my wife ;D) know how much I enjoy football[/b]. 
[/quote]

Man, where did you find one of those? ;D i hope my wife doesnt read this board. Well, shes from Deweyville, so cant read anyway. She makes a killer mac and cheese though. ;)
[/quote]

lol wow :D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You just made my day! lol  I can't stop laughing! :D

[quote name="Lefty99" post="906481" timestamp="1289625980"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=76017.msg906462#msg906462 date=1289625284]
I still say its wrong to schedual it on a Thursday. The team belongs to and represents the entire community. If Alverez did not pick it he still does not have to agree with it.  It is not what is best for the students or[b] student[/b] athlets and that should be enough of a reason.
[/quote]

You say you support the team to the end.  I have a question for you.  Would you rather be at home missing the playoffs or have a good chance at going back to state?  It's simple.  Sooner or later the games will start being on Fri and Sat until the title game...oh, but wait!  The title game is on a Friday at 4:00pm in Dallas.  I wonder if you will be screaming then if Kville is in the title game?  I don't think so!
[/quote]

I know that there is an unwritten rule on this site about not agreeing with moderators or "seniors" and that anyone who dares is rediculed but I can not blindley agree with something that is not good for the students or the fans. If you were in Kville on friday you would have seen quite a few high school students around town. I saw two that people on this site would recognize their names. Why were n't they in school? Because they got in to late. I fully support this team and I want them to get what they have worked so hard for. Yes I understand that Jack is limited in his decision but the idea that he gets some magical tactical advantage to playing on Thursday is rediculous. I am not being a whinner because it some inconvienince to me. I am lucky enough that my job allows me to take off when I want but how many people can have that option.  My wife helped many of the starters on this team to meet math requierments that not only allowed them to play sports but help them with skills that will allow them to graduate. When she sees them their school work is the first thing they talk about ....Then about how they are going to take the next team they are up against apart! If you want to drink the cool aid that no desicion made in the name of football is above question then go right ahead. There are also band members, cheerleaders and others that are effected.  People in Kirbyville support the Cats win or loose and did way before their recent succeses and will continue to. The team provides a source of pride and polarity that any town would be lucky to have. You question my loyalty as a fan because I disagree with this situation. Well I am a fan of these young men on and off the field. They give up  a lot to their community and I want to see them succeed. This is a lot of talk over a subject that we will never agree on.  We all want to see the keep winning and they never have to worry about fan support. Best of luck Cats! You can do it!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hilarious! 

[quote name="kville68" post="906837" timestamp="1289663748"]

I know that there is an unwritten rule on this site about not agreeing with moderators or "seniors" and that anyone who dares is rediculed but I can not blindley agree with something that is not good for the students or the fans. If you were in Kville on friday you would have seen quite a few high school students around town. I saw two that people on this site would recognize their names. Why were n't they in school? Because they got in to late. I fully support this team and I want them to get what they have worked so hard for. Yes I understand that Jack is limited in his decision but the idea that he gets some magical tactical advantage to playing on Thursday is rediculous. I am not being a whinner because it some inconvienince to me. I am luck enough that my job allows me to take off when I want but how many people can have that option.  My wife helped many of the starters on this team to meet math requierments that not only allowed them to play sports but help them with skills that will allow them to graduate. When she sees them their school work is the first thing they talk about ....Then about how they are going to take the next team they are up against apart! If you want to drink the cool aid that no desicion made in the name of football is above question then go right ahead. There are also band members, cheerleaders and others that are effected.  People in Kirbyville support the Cats win or loose and did way before their recent succeses and will continue to. The team provides a source of pride and polarity that any town would be lucky to have. You question my loyalty as a fan because I disagree with this situation. Well I am a fan of these young men on and off the field. They give up  a lot to their community and I want to see them succeed. This is a lot of talk over a subject that we will never agree on.  We all want to see the keep winning and they never have to worry about fan support. Best of luck Cats! You can do it!
[/quote]

Then you can your way and I can go mine.  This is about a "football" decision.  Alvarez did what is best for the tam that is what he gets paid for...that and to win games.  Like it or not that is the way it is and will continue to be.  Again, go to his office and tell him what you think and stop hiding from him if you dislike the situation so much.  Throwing a fit on here will not change a single thing.  You are the only one on the soapbox constantly complaining.  Yes, other have voiced their dislike for the situation but they moved on yet you can't let it go.  I'd be more than happy if you just tuned in to the game Thur night.  Or will you be at the game? 

As for the unwritten rule I am not sure where you heard that but it isn't so you might want to stop listening to Jim Jones.  We ALL disagree on here.  Even the mods disagree with each other.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="906850" timestamp="1289664314"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=76017.msg906837#msg906837 date=1289663748]

I know that there is an unwritten rule on this site about not agreeing with moderators or "seniors" and that anyone who dares is rediculed but I can not blindley agree with something that is not good for the students or the fans. If you were in Kville on friday you would have seen quite a few high school students around town. I saw two that people on this site would recognize their names. Why were n't they in school? Because they got in to late. I fully support this team and I want them to get what they have worked so hard for. Yes I understand that Jack is limited in his decision but the idea that he gets some magical tactical advantage to playing on Thursday is rediculous. I am not being a whinner because it some inconvienince to me. I am luck enough that my job allows me to take off when I want but how many people can have that option.  My wife helped many of the starters on this team to meet math requierments that not only allowed them to play sports but help them with skills that will allow them to graduate. When she sees them their school work is the first thing they talk about ....Then about how they are going to take the next team they are up against apart! If you want to drink the cool aid that no desicion made in the name of football is above question then go right ahead. There are also band members, cheerleaders and others that are effected.  People in Kirbyville support the Cats win or loose and did way before their recent succeses and will continue to. The team provides a source of pride and polarity that any town would be lucky to have. You question my loyalty as a fan because I disagree with this situation. Well I am a fan of these young men on and off the field. They give up  a lot to their community and I want to see them succeed. This is a lot of talk over a subject that we will never agree on.  We all want to see the keep winning and they never have to worry about fan support. Best of luck Cats! You can do it!
[/quote]

Then you can your way and I can go mine.  This is about a "football" decision.  Alvarez did what is best for the tam that is what he gets paid for...that and to win games.  Like it or not that is the way it is and will continue to be.  Again, go to his office and tell him what you think and stop hiding from him if you dislike the situation so much.  Throwing a fit on here will not change a single thing.  You are the only one on the soapbox constantly complaining.  Yes, other have voiced their dislike for the situation but they moved on yet you can't let it go.  I'd be more than happy if you just tuned in to the game Thur night.  Or will you be at the game? 

As for the unwritten rule I am not sure where you heard that but it isn't so you might want to stop listening to Jim Jones.  We ALL disagree on here.  Even the mods disagree with each other.
[/quote]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ wake me when it's over ;)

[quote name="rykerx144" post="906857" timestamp="1289664829"]

[b]Even mods disagree with each other?? Ive never seen this but Ill take your word on this!    ;D ;D ;)[/b]

Ill be glad when Kirbyville plays a team with some fans that like to argue!  We have noone to fight with but ourselves!!    ;D
[/quote]

Classic! ;)

I agree that it wont change anything. I think Jack is one of the best coaches in the area and his leadership of these young men is fantanstic! That does not mean that he is above question and any decision he makes is flawless and unquestionable. Yes I am sure he will do what he thinks is best. You cant be a coach and be thin skined.  I am sure he is not worried about people disagreeing with him it comes with the territory. We can just agree to disagree and talk some football.