liberty's Darrin Edwards and Jordan Jones....under-rated?

dreski

both have over 1000 yds for the season. edwards recently rushed for over 300 vs cleveland and has gained over 1500 on the ground. The indians were using a S, LB, and a corner to cover jones, the young 15yr old sophomore who has approx. 800 rec. and 300 rushing... just looking for opinions...

coldspring and huffman... i say that because i believe cs beat wo-s last year and cs beat huffman by a td this year... contrary to popular belief liberty actually should have played cs to within a touchdown... it was actually a very good game for a while... although cs just ran up the middle successfully over and over... with all the to's liberty was able to cause... ball bounces the other way...who know's... but bak to the bad coaching... who runs the ball on 1st an 10 then 2nd an 20 then 2nd and 25 then 2nd and 30 then 3rd an 30... terrible... this was all on the same drive btw... its kinda one of those u had to be there things... to sum it up... potent offense (when the coach shows up) no defense...at all... seriously... none

[quote name="Bigboss" post="900266" timestamp="1289111870"]
No liberty should of lost how they lost, by a td seriously lol. Liberty was outscored 112-14 by huffman and CS. And Edwards is the third best back in district, the receiver is like the 6th, but he is young.
[/quote]

haha ill give it to u maybe i over-exaggerated on the score... but it shoulda been close... doubt you understand bein that you probably werent there. third best in district... get a life he's 5th in SETX and check THIS SIGHTS STATISTIcS... an 6th??? dude get serious he's also 5th... in SETX once again check the site... ur making urself look real foolish out here.... did i mention jones has been being double an triple covered the last two games? an that he's a 15 yr old soph who still has the body of a pre-teen... when he matures... game over...best reciever in SETX by next yr easy.... and that's based of the numbers (facts) not just what i think (opinion)

Well I can tell u that jones might be a good wr but he aint better than the 3 from Huffman. That would mean he was at best 4th in district. His stats are deciving because there is no one else on liberty's team that catches the ball. The other wrs in the area have to compete with there team mates for catches. Its pretty easy to get 800 yrds when u only throw it 1 player.

sorry try again... only has 50 receptions... about 10 more on avg. than the wr's there... lets look at it this way... if a qb has 3 options... its harder on the d because they have to cover three instead of 1. Now lets take liberty's one option... hmm.. teams are double an tripling this kid and look at the production in comparison... all i'm saying is... number's talk. and if you've been tracking liberty you'd know that the coach doesnt utilize this kid nearly enough. Not to mention all the clutch first down catches that he makes that are so crucial. just my opinion... do believe i've got ya on this one though... haha

[quote name="dreski" post="900251" timestamp="1289110367"]
coldspring and huffman... i say that because i believe cs beat wo-s last year and cs beat huffman by a td this year... contrary to popular belief liberty actually should have played cs to within a touchdown... it was actually a very good game for a while... although cs just ran up the middle successfully over and over... with all the to's liberty was able to cause... ball bounces the other way...who know's... but bak to the bad coaching... who runs the ball on 1st an 10 then 2nd an 20 then 2nd and 25 then 2nd and 30 then 3rd an 30... terrible... this was all on the same drive btw... its kinda one of those u had to be there things... to sum it up... potent offense (when the coach shows up) no defense...at all... seriously... none
[/quote]

And exactly how long was this a good game?  It was 22-0 at the end of the 1st quarter! Look, Jones and Edwards have put up good numbers, but the scoring hasn't been there when they have stepped up against the quality teams.  You tout what the Panthers did against Cleveland...do you mean 2-8 Cleveland?

Look, if you're bristled at the comments that have come out with the predicted outcome of the WO-S/Liberty game, sorry.  You're gonna have to develop a little thicker skin because it will probably only intensify.  Also, don't take the comments of posters here to believe that the WO-S coaching staff is taking the game lightly.  Rest assured that as we are having this little tete de tete, the coaching staff are working on the plans to stop the aforementioned Misters Jones and Edwards, as well as Daniel Fitzwater (funny that you didn't mention your young QB as I have been pretty darn impressed with him). 

Now, as your tendency to "criticize" the coaching and play calling at Liberty, I'd be careful on that ground as I know for a fact that the OC/Baseball coach at Liberty has family who are posters on this board who, well, let's say, have some clout.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="900322" timestamp="1289136903"]
Does Liberty ever have any normal posters? AKA ones that are in tune with reality not players or class mates trying to make themselves seem better than they are?
[/quote]

This other guy is out of his mind. Liberty is a .500 team playing in a mediocre district. I support them but I know they cant beat WO-S. They are bigger faster and stronger.

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="900433" timestamp="1289147000"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=75696.msg900322#msg900322 date=1289136903]
Does Liberty ever have any normal posters? AKA ones that are in tune with reality not players or class mates trying to make themselves seem better than they are?
[/quote]

This other guy is out of his mind. Liberty is a .500 team playing in a mediocre district. I support them but I know they cant beat WO-S. They are bigger faster and stronger.
[/quote]
Thats the smartest thing that I have ever heard you say playa. Congrats you are growing up and learning, have some karma.

[quote name="Backflipper" post="900447" timestamp="1289147823"]
[quote author=PANTHERPLAYA09 link=topic=75696.msg900433#msg900433 date=1289147000]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Thats the smartest thing that I have ever heard you say playa. Congrats you are growing up and learning, have some karma.
[/quote]

yayayyaayayya ;D

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="900291" timestamp="1289121580"]
So you are saying that those two will be ready to move across the river for academic reasons and be broncos at the end of the school year?  Glad to hear it, but they might have to look into switching positions if they want to play.
[/quote]

dats ok moving to dayton is over-rated.... edwards is a senior.... and i doubt jones would have to switch positions being that yall's leading wr has like 300- 400 yds... garbo

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="900343" timestamp="1289139586"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=75696.msg900251#msg900251 date=1289110367]
[/quote]

And exactly how long was this a good game?  It was 22-0 at the end of the 1st quarter! Look, Jones and Edwards have put up good numbers, but the scoring hasn't been there when they have stepped up against the quality teams.  You tout what the Panthers did against Cleveland...do you mean 2-8 Cleveland?

Look, if you're bristled at the comments that have come out with the predicted outcome of the WO-S/Liberty game, sorry.  You're gonna have to develop a little thicker skin because it will probably only intensify.  Also, don't take the comments of posters here to believe that the WO-S coaching staff is taking the game lightly.  Rest assured that as we are having this little tete de tete, the coaching staff are working on the plans to stop the aforementioned Misters Jones and Edwards, as well as Daniel Fitzwater (funny that you didn't mention your young QB as I have been pretty darn impressed with him). 

Now, as your tendency to "criticize" the coaching and play calling at Liberty, I'd be careful on that ground as I know for a fact that the OC/Baseball coach at Liberty has family who are posters on this board who, well, let's say, have some clout.
[/quote]

if u go to the wo-s forum im on there willing admitting that i dont expect liberty to win. i have plenty sense haha so don't think im in a basement stressin, just needed some good football talk and im getting it. as for fitz... didn't mention him being that he can't YET read a defense hince the multiple 4 int games...

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="900433" timestamp="1289147000"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

obviously they're are some idiots in here... when did i say liberty was gonna beat wo-s... hell my senior yr. they lost to them 63-0... get serious

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="900445" timestamp="1289147766"]
So who would jones start over. Would it be the 2 all state wrs or the guy who is leading the district in reciving. I guess he could start as the 4th wrs for Huffman.
[/quote]

1st of all... u do not have to all state wr's so gtf outta here with that/ witwer is all state at db at most if im not mistaken... if i am ill take the "lashing" for it later. when a sophomore is competing very closely with ur "all-state" wr's u'd think u'd give him credit. pretty sure they weren't as good as him 2 yrs ago? so my point is he has a good chance 2 be better an my opinion is i think he already is an def. will be

[quote name="dreski" post="900492" timestamp="1289150066"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=75696.msg900343#msg900343 date=1289139586]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=75696.msg900251#msg900251 date=1289110367]
[/quote]

And exactly how long was this a good game?  It was 22-0 at the end of the 1st quarter! Look, Jones and Edwards have put up good numbers, but the scoring hasn't been there when they have stepped up against the quality teams.  You tout what the Panthers did against Cleveland...do you mean 2-8 Cleveland?

Look, if you're bristled at the comments that have come out with the predicted outcome of the WO-S/Liberty game, sorry.  You're gonna have to develop a little thicker skin because it will probably only intensify.  Also, don't take the comments of posters here to believe that the WO-S coaching staff is taking the game lightly.  Rest assured that as we are having this little tete de tete, the coaching staff are working on the plans to stop the aforementioned Misters Jones and Edwards, as well as Daniel Fitzwater (funny that you didn't mention your young QB as I have been pretty darn impressed with him).  

[/quote]

if u go to the wo-s forum im on there willing admitting that i dont expect liberty to win. i have plenty sense haha so don't think im in a basement stressin, just needed some good football talk and im getting it. as for fitz... didn't mention him being that he can't YET read a defense hince the multiple 4 int games...
[/quote]

Well if your qb can't read defenses.....why are you ragging on the coach for running the ball...especially when you have a 1,500 yard rusher in the backfield?

i apologize but i thought that is what the coach was there for... to coach the qb's who can't read d's an teach them how wow... not sayin that's his only job but he def. failed. especially when u look at the fact that fitz skipped off-season an summer league b-ball with his team to become better at this... correct me when im wrong. and as far as the oc being ur family or having family on here... that's nice... but wuts the point of u telling me this? and once again who cares? just checking

Actually witwer was the only player in all classifications to be all state on both offence and defence. Martin was honorable mention all state and so was deberry. And I never said jones wasent good just said he wasent better than the 3 from Huffman right now. Maybe when he is a sr he will be better, but right now he isn't.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder