*SILSBEE vs. WOS Broadcast thread*/ WOS wins, 36-8

Tonight, the Silsbee Tigers will travel over to Orange to take on the district leading WOS Mustangs at DR Hooks Stadium in a battle of two of the top teams in 21-3A!! Silsbee (5-3, 2-1) kept alive their chances of getting a piece of the district championship by pulling out a win over HJ last week, 30-20. WOS (5-2, 3-0) got a big victory over Bridge City, 28-0, to put themselves atop of the district standings. The Tigers are the defending 21-3A champs and the Mustangs want that title back. Silsbee defeated WOS last year, 13-7, to dethrone the Mustangs. WOS leads the series between these two teams, 14-3.

Broadcast time will be at 7pm, with kickoff at 7:30pm. Mike Sanchez and Tim Scoggins will bring you all the play-by-play and color of this big 21-3A battle, LIVE, right here at SETXsports.com!

Click the link to listen to all the action, LIVE!!!

SILSBEE @ WOS, LIVE, here at SETXsports.com!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112:silsbeebcast&catid=73:games

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some constructive criticism, I even hate to call it criticism, maybe helpful advice would be better, anyway too much time passes without the score being known if you are just joining the broadcast.  I joined the broadcast in 2nd quarter and it was about 8 minuters before I heard the score.  If you guys read this here is some helpful advice I was given during an internship while in college back in the late 70's, these guidelines are still relevant.  Always make it a habit to give the score and time on clock during the following situations during the course of the game.
       -After a 1st Down
       -After change of possession (see below)
        -Going into and out of a time out
       -At the end and beginning of quarter or half
       -After a turn over
       -Any other time that you feel necessary.
Keep in mind no one complains when the score of time left to play is given too often.

I do appreciate your work, overall a nice job of describing game, just need to get the score in a little more often.  I am a SE Texas native but now live in Kansas and this is how I get my high school football fix because Kansas HS football leaves a lot to be desired.

BTW....  29-8  WOS over Silsbee at half.

[quote name="wompaskat" post="890846" timestamp="1288404145"]
Some constructive criticism, I even hate to call it criticism, maybe helpful advice would be better, anyway too much time passes without the score being known if you are just joining the broadcast.  I joined the broadcast in 2nd quarter and it was about 8 minuters before I heard the score.  If you guys read this here is some helpful advice I was given during an internship while in college back in the late 70's, these guidelines are still relevant.  Always make it a habit to give the score and time on clock during the following situations during the course of the game.
       -After a 1st Down
       -After change of possession (see below)
        -Going into and out of a time out
       -At the end and beginning of quarter or half
       -After a turn over
       -Any other time that you feel necessary.
Keep in mind no one complains when the score of time left to play is given too often.

I do appreciate your work, overall a nice job of describing game, just need to get the score in a little more often.  I am a SE Texas native but now live in Kansas and this is how I get my high school football fix because Kansas HS football leaves a lot to be desired.

BTW....  29-8  WOS over Silsbee at half.

[/quote]

You should put on a seminar, with all that know how.  You'll go far................  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Drugsstore0
    Newest Member
    Drugsstore0