Lumberton Football

Puma42

[quote name="justaspectator" post="886808" timestamp="1287982182"]
I love football- and it is a shame that instead of supporting ALL of our kids, we are worried about tearing each other down.  But I would like to make a point...couldn't the football kid's parents make the same claim about the band?  The band leaves the stands with a good amount of time left in the 2nd quarter to go down on to the track and warm up.  I was actually at a game where the drill team was so close to the field that one of our kids accidently ran over her when attempting to catch a pass.  Those kid's parents could claim that their child was distracted by flags flying or music being played...Those Lumberton kids and coaches meant no harm by warming up...they were simply doing the same thing that the band, cheerleaders, twirlers, drill team, and flag core does before their performance...warm up.  My point is not to attack the band, because I don't find them distracting before half-time.  I just wanted to give another point of view and remind some that we need to be supporting all of our kids!
[/quote]

Great post. And as for the fans complaining.. They all have one thing in common.. They are fans. They are not down there on the field playing the game. Whether it's Lumberton fans complaining, PNG, Ned, LCM, etc.. They are all fans and have no affect on the outcome on the game. Not every fan complains.. And believe it or not, some fans realize complaining does no good, and they keep their mouthes shut. Same goes for the players.. If you don't have the guts to tell a Lumberton player, or any player for that matter, that they are sore losers to their face.. Then don't call out an entire group of fans while you're hiding behind a made up name on a forum. You are generalizing an entire group of fans but one or two person's remarks and it's just not right. Whether it's about my alma-mater or any other school.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ25, while I agree with you, you have to realize that for several years on this forum there was a group of Lumberton fans that posted on every thread nothing but obnoxious dribble. Then they whinned about every Lumberton loss, and there were alot of 'em. Then they whinned at the start of each new season about Lumberton getting no respect, blah, blah, blah. Now more whining about referees costing them a game. Did the refs jump out to that 21-0 lead?

PNG fans were happy that our defense was changed around and finally performed well against you guys and this is the junk that you guys (not you in particular) posted:

Quote from: NAZERATH on October 09, 2010, 06:11:40 AM
Even a blind squirrel can find a NUT every now and then! You win one game in District and now your the CHAMPS again. LOL!  You want get past Central or LCM!

Well guess what, PNG prooved this guy wrong, not once, but twice so far (LTown and LCM). Lets hope his streak stays in tact!

The irony in Nazareths post is that if we beat Vidor and you guys beat Central, the Central PNG game will be for the DC and Nazareths LTown boys will be 100% responsible! ;D

This is ridiculous. Nobody witnessed what us 42 girls witnessed. I am on the drill team and all you Lumberton fans would be shocked if you heard what we heard from your boys. Just saying. Good job to both teams. but my respect is out the window and my opinon of lumberton wont change because that was pure awfulness.

[quote name="megative" post="884926" timestamp="1287814838"]
not harsh at all really. the first time they ran out onto the field can be overlooked. but to run off onto the field a second time while the band is still performing in their given halftime time is absolutely ridiculous.
[/quote]
The way they played maybe they were band members ??? ??? ??? ;D ;D :D

Guest strongend
Sounds to me like all the cry babies on this thread either need to fight it out or hug it out.  By the posts, I would guess they will choose to hug it out.

[quote name="outanup" post="886606" timestamp="1287965598"]
Hey ROT, we play music everytime we take the field.
[/quote]
Your right, as all teams do play their fight song as they enter the field of play. But, your people blasted a rock song over the loudspeakers for the sole purpose of drowning out your opponents fight song and THEN played your fight song. No other team I know of does that and that is just plain rude.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="886676" timestamp="1287971747"]
[b]Who wtches the band anyways? Not me ;D I've seen some that should be playing football though instead of band.[/b] This thread is insane!!!!!!! Sorry guys and gals, I go to watch football period.
[/quote]

Gee, thanks.... ;)

On a side note, sometimes things are said at a football game that... well, just shouldn't be said. I can remember some things that were said at a few games over the last few seasons both by PN-G fans and students and fans and students of other schools (Lumberton included) that were derogatory, insulting, and, in one case, downright wrong. That said, I don't think it's right to judge the whole community for those actions. I can think of one case where a football player from another town said something that was VERY, VERY wrong to a fellow PN-G band member at an away game last year. As mad as I was at that football player, I don't think the whole town thinks the same way or would say something like that.

When we were playing our introduction video at our game last Friday, LC-M's team ran out onto the field and their band played their fight song, interrupting our video. Do I think that was intentional? No (it was probably just poor timing), but even if it was, I wouldn't characterize the entire LC-M community as a bunch of poor sports. The incident involving the music in Nederland may have been (and probably was) purely accidental on the Nederland multi-media team's part.

Football games involve cramming several thousand people (many of them teenagers in high-stress situations) into a fairly small space. Tensions are going to run high sometimes and people are going to say things that would better be left unsaid. Is it right? No. Is that fact going to stop everyone? Probably not. They are also going to make mistakes, and isolated incidents like these are just a part of life that we all have to deal with that shouldn't justify the judgment of an entire community like Nederland or Lumberton.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a member of the band. ;D

Diva16 your right my daughter is  Westie also and told me the same thing but, that is football there will always be trash talk no matter what teams are playing. As for everyone complaining about our loud music what about that dang TRAIN HORN knocking my ear drums out. As for the players coming on the field that could have been prevented but, it is over and I'm sure it will happen again somewhere and we will have another 5 page thread on it also. AS for the supposed sore looser Lumberton fans i dont believe that, I do believe they were sorry for the loose just like Nederland fans would have been. So lets not hate on anyone who performs on Friday nights cause you never know if someone is bashing your kid.

for the raideretts who were wondering why we were looking at your players on the 10 yard line and not the band...well raideroldtimer must not
have been watching anything cause if he had he would have known their was 2:37 left on the clock...this time belongs to the NHS band just like
the first part of halftime belonged to the raider band.....plus they did it twice, the second time the band was marching right at them...and a lot of fans were telling them to get off the field.  It was a classless act, and to defend something that is wrong just makes it more classless..the bands playing at half time during the game is just as much a tradition as the football itself....Lumberton just got a one(1) at contest...I think they said it is their first time to get it....Congradulations raider band....NHS also got a One (1)  also.....for over twenty (20) years running.

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="887536" timestamp="1288053517"]
for the raideretts who were wondering why we were looking at your players on the 10 yard line and not the band...well raideroldtimer must not
have been watching anything cause if he had he would have known their was 2:37 left on the clock...this time belongs to the NHS band just like
the first part of halftime belonged to the raider band.....plus they did it twice, the second time the band was marching right at them...and a lot of fans were telling them to get off the field.  It was a classless act, and to defend something that is wrong just makes it more classless..the bands playing at half time during the game is just as much a tradition as the football itself....Lumberton just got a one(1) at contest...I think they said it is their first time to get it....Congradulations raider band....NHS also got a One (1)  also.....for over twenty (20) years running.
[/quote]
No, it wasn't their first one. Thanks anyway though.

[quote name="Puma42" post="884873" timestamp="1287811706"]
Not from what I saw. Lumberton's football team went [b]10 yards out of the end zone and back 3 times[/b]. I wasn't there for the pre-game stuff so I can't say anything about that, but I know what I saw at halftime. Now it is a football game, but a football game doesn't just consist of the football team. It consists of the football team, cheerleaders, twirlers, the band, and the student body of both schools. And both schools should have respect for each other. But I guess I shouldn't expect that from Lumberton from now on.
[/quote]

People go to the games to watch football not the band. Besides the parents of bandmembers everyone else uses halftime to go to the bathroom and to get some food.

this kind of thing has been going on for years! I have seen it everywhere, which means your team and every team in this district has done it! I'm just suprised you guys are still freakin' cryin' about it ???, go the UIL and tell them if it is THAT bad! I think what it really boils down to is that you know you are not making the playoffs and you have an axe to grind!!  :'(

Guest GORAIDERS
The Raider football team WAS IN THE END ZONE warming up while the band was finishing the last 45 seconds or so of their performance, which was an awesome performance, I might add. The players were NOT going out to the 10 yard line. I didn't notice anything at the beginning of the game as far as the Raider players being on the field when Nederland's homecoming festivities started. I just thought it was different that it was happening before the game, but to each his own. People, really, get over it and move on!

Not sure if anyone saw this but it was funny when I saw it so I will share. Lumberton had just had a long run right before half, so the ladies working the L-Train horn laid into the horn. Well there was a Nederland man standing near the Nederland band that was waving his arms side to side trying to get her to stop. He approached her and asked "I guess" if she could point the horn toward the Lumberton side. WOW I guess that is all it takes to get her jumping mad because she was. Now to her defense I did not hear the conversation only saw body language and jesters so maybe she was jumping and pointing and stomping because she was happy to move the horn. Or the man said it in an inapproprite manor. In the end the horn was moved after a second request. Just funny to watch. See there is so much more than just the FOOTBALL players so enjoy.

[quote name="Knoddy1" post="887536" timestamp="1288053517"]
the first part of halftime belonged to the raider band.....plus they did it twice, the second time the band was marching right at them...and a lot of fans were telling them to get off the field.  It was a classless act, and to defend something that is wrong just makes it more classless..the bands playing at half time during the game is just as much a tradition as the football itself....Lumberton just got a one(1) at contest...I think they said it is their first time to get it....Congradulations raider band....NHS also got a One (1)  also.....for over twenty (20) years running.
[/quote]

I don't know where you get your information from but the Lumberton band has a long streak of excellence! I think the streak is about 20 also with a fluke year that they recieved a 1-2-2=2, and the teams almost always enter the feild before the end of the half-time to warm-up when it's an important game! Homecoming festivities cause half-time shows to last a little longer so as it may seem the team was rude it is just common. everyone does it! Don't get so upset I'm sure the band wasn't offended. As I know the Mighty Raider Band never was when it happend to us many times in 07 & 08 when our team was doing well and the other team was trying to warm-up again for the big game.

[quote name="FRIDAYLIGHTS00" post="887782" timestamp="1288064732"]
[quote author=Puma42 link=topic=74914.msg884873#msg884873 date=1287811706]
Not from what I saw. Lumberton's football team went [b]10 yards out of the end zone and back 3 times[/b]. I wasn't there for the pre-game stuff so I can't say anything about that, but I know what I saw at halftime. Now it is a football game, but a football game doesn't just consist of the football team. It consists of the football team, cheerleaders, twirlers, the band, and the student body of both schools. And both schools should have respect for each other. But I guess I shouldn't expect that from Lumberton from now on.
[/quote]

People go to the games to watch football not the band. Besides the parents of bandmembers everyone else uses halftime to go to the bathroom and to get some food.
[/quote]

In Lumberton the Majority of the Fans stay and watch the band's they appreciate the effort we put on the feild to entertain.

[quote name="Puma42" post="884807" timestamp="1287808832"]
How classless was that move? Having the football players warm up on the field while the Nederland band was still marching. Disrespectful and disappointing in my opinion. I lost a lot of respect for Lumberton tonight.
[/quote]

Wow! Was Nederland on the field???? I thought it was Lumberton... who knew.... i mean what color is lumberton anyway??!!! :o i thought they were columbia blue red and silver..... but i guess they are black now too... (at least the band is) i dont think they meant any disrespect to your band (who did great) i think they must have thought it was their band!!!  ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="jake94" post="887775" timestamp="1288064200"]
My flute is bigger than yours... Geez.  Can we please lock this stupid thread?
[/quote]

This one time at band camp [IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/StarZ909/Movies/One_Time_at_Band_Camp.jpg[/img]