PN-G vs LC-M

[quote name="thetobster" post="882823" timestamp="1287692875"]
when there is a 2 way tie it goes to who one the game.

When 3 or more it goes to point spread in the games between the teams involved (but the most pts. u can have is +16 for a game.

ex:
team 1  beat team 2 by 12 and lost to team 3 by 7 that would give them a plus 5 pts.
team 2  lost to team 1 by 12 and beat team 3 by 9 that would give them a minus 3
team 3 beat team 1 by 7 and lost to team 3 by 9 would give them a minus 2.

so by tiebreaker.Team 1 would be in first place in the tiebreacker
team 3 would be in 2nd place for the tiebreaker
and team 2 would be the last place for the tiebreaker.

this only involves the teams that are tied .
[/quote]
Really ? I thought they did paper, rock, scissors ! LOL. So were does the coin flip come into play ?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tappedout
PNG's defense has not caused many turnover's this season but I have a feeling that change's Friday night. We've been in position several time's but have dropped the interception's. That will change this week ! PNG win's 45-21!

If they still use the points differential against the tied teams with a cap, then as of today PNG would be 3rd and Liv 4th.

PNG +9 (+16 Lumb, -7 Liv)
Liv +5  (+7 PNG, -2 Lum)
Lum +1  (+15 Vid, +2 Liv, -16 PNG)
Vid -15  (-15 Lum)

So why was there a coin flip in a IHOP a few years back to decide who went?

[quote name="tappedout" post="882856" timestamp="1287695991"]
PNG's defense has not caused many turnover's this season but I have a feeling that change's Friday night. We've been in position several time's but have dropped the interception's. That will change this week ! PNG win's 45-21!
[/quote]
Since moving DJ to Inside LB two weeks ago, the defense has caused 5 turnovers. DJ himself has forced two fumbles and picked off two passes (of course he fumbled one of those back 20 yards down field)

[quote name="badndn" post="882859" timestamp="1287696110"]
If they still use the points differential against the tied teams with a cap, then as of today PNG would be 3rd and Liv 4th.

Liv +5  (+7 PNG, -2 Lum)
Vid -15  (-15 Lum)

[/quote]

Come to think of it, I think your right.  If I remember correctly, 24-4A was decided on a coinflip last year.

Liv +5  (+7 PNG, -2 Lum)
Lum +1  (+15 Vid, +2 Liv, -16 PNG)
Vid -15  (-15 Lum)

[/quote] Wasnt that 05 which was shortened by RITA? and in turn the season was shortened so everyone couldnt play each other. Png and
Ned tied record wise but Ned won head to head, And
I believe this is why the flip happened.....

[quote name="indianforever" post="882890" timestamp="1287698865"]
dont get me wrong i think LC-M is a good team, but i went back and looked at the records of the teams they have beat this year and well it is not that impressive...tale a look at them at maxpreps
[/quote]

I can understand your thinking.  Records can be deceiving sometimes.  Most people would think of a teams record as unimpressive if they were say........3 - 4 and barely pulled out some of those W's.  ;D 

Liv +5  (+7 PNG, -2 Lum)
Vid -15  (-15 Lum)

[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    That year PNG, nederland and Ozen were tied for second and only 3 teams went to the playoffs, with Central winning the district. Ned had beat PNG and Ozen beat ned....PNG and Ozen did not play due to the revised schedule, so the point differential system could not be used...thus the "infamous" coin flip.

[quote name="indianforever" post="882890" timestamp="1287698865"]
dont get me wrong i think LC-M is a good team, but i went back and looked at the records of the teams they have beat this year and well it is not that impressive...tale a look at them at maxpreps
[/quote]

Well Ive taken a look at the records of some of the teams that have BEAT PNG and its really not that impressive either... ;)

[quote name="kingkat99" post="883224" timestamp="1287743053"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=74586.msg882890#msg882890 date=1287698865]
[/quote]

Well Ive taken a look at the records of some of the teams that have BEAT PNG and its really not that impressive either... ;)
[/quote]
The only team that beat us with a bad record is Nederland. Gregory Portland is undefeated and TC and Livingston have one loss.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="883255" timestamp="1287750888"]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=74586.msg883224#msg883224 date=1287743053]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=74586.msg882890#msg882890 date=1287698865]
[/quote]

[/quote]
The only team that beat us with a bad record is Nederland. Gregory Portland is undefeated and TC and Livingston have one loss.
[/quote]

livingston should have 2 right?? Central and Lumberton? even still... not a bad record.

The teams we have lost to are a combined 20-8. Remove the big rivalry game and the three remaining losses combined record is 18-3!

Of course none of this matters come tonight at 7:30.

Again I predict the last team to score wins! If you like offense be at The Reservation for a showdown of two great offenses.

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="882042" timestamp="1287609107"]
LCM wins by two touchdowns.....PNG's defensive is horrible!!!  When you give up 42 points to Ozen you are in trouble......PNG will not be able to stop LCM whatsoever and I see LCM being able to stop PNG on a few drives!!! LCM wins by 14 to 20 points!!  Sorry you purple bleeding brainwashed fair weather fans.....You will lose!!!!!!      LCM 34-PNG 17
[/quote]

How ya feel now LULU???

;D ;D ;D ;D Now that was funny....Typical  PNG Haters...
[quote name="PNGFan" post="886364" timestamp="1287945621"]
[quote author=LULUJUJU link=topic=74586.msg882042#msg882042 date=1287609107]
LCM wins by two touchdowns.....PNG's defensive is horrible!!!  When you give up 42 points to Ozen you are in trouble......PNG will not be able to stop LCM whatsoever and I see LCM being able to stop PNG on a few drives!!! LCM wins by 14 to 20 points!!  Sorry you purple bleeding brainwashed fair weather fans.....You will lose!!!!!!      LCM 34-PNG 17
[/quote]

How ya feel now LULU???
[/quote]