Whats the Best High School game you ever been too!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="873945" timestamp="1286992931"]
Bridge City 21 West Orange 20, I was a youngster but to give you a hint of the year, Steve Worster was BC's running back.
[/quote]  Dang Admin....... you must be old!!!!!!  ;D But wasn't the score 20-20 with BC advancing on penetrations? Correct me if I am wrong.  How many of these young whippersnappers know about penetrations to break ties??   ;)

I still respond to this question the same EVERY year it's posted with the same answer - - - I was just a kid, but the best game I ever witnessed (and I've seen a ton) is 1972's PA Lincoln with Little Joe Washington VS PNG and Jeff "The Jet" Bergeron.  There have been a lot of great backs from this area and you can make agruements as to who is the "best back ever" from the golden triangle, but Joe Washington is at the VERY top. 
Both teams said "Here is our stud...try to stop him", and neither did. 

I got all yall beat (unless you were there too). 2 of the best games ever on the same day! 2003 at the Alamodome.

1st game: Katy beats Southlake Carrol on a last minute bomb to win 16-15.

2nd game: Lamarque outlasts Denton Ryan in 3 OT's to win 43-35!

I didn't think that second game was ever going to end. Two great teams slugging it out. 2 of the best games ever and......they just happened to be state championship games.

My absolute all time best though was Dayton vs. Tivy 2008 state semi-finals.  ;D

[quote name="Judex" post="874256" timestamp="1287016646"]
1987 - #1 WO-S @ #3 Jasper in the Alamo. Kevin Smith miraculously gets the Stangs in field goal range with seconds left on the clock and the Stangs win 3 - 0, later going on to their only undefeated season and second state championship.
[/quote]

I was at that game, too, and there was no rain or cold to keep the score down. It was all defense. There probably weren't 50 yards of offense combined in that game, but both teams had good offenses that year. Both teams brought the wood and it was fun to watch. Hated that we lost, but it was a GREAT game.

[quote name="Backflipper" post="874111" timestamp="1287005460"]
2008- Kerville Tivy and Dayton, Great game with a game winning field goal to send the Bronc's to state.
1991- Groesbeck and Burnet in the dome 7-0 goats win.
[/quote]
The Dayton / Sulphur Springs state game that year was a shoot out. Even though my boys didnt pull it off they did us proud. Just the sea of purple in the stands was something to see

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="874268" timestamp="1287017326"]
[quote author=Judex link=topic=74354.msg874256#msg874256 date=1287016646]
1987 - #1 WO-S @ #3 Jasper in the Alamo. Kevin Smith miraculously gets the Stangs in field goal range with seconds left on the clock and the Stangs win 3 - 0, later going on to their only undefeated season and second state championship.
[/quote]

I was at that game, too, and there was no rain or cold to keep the score down. It was all defense. There probably weren't 50 yards of offense combined in that game, but both teams had good offenses that year. Both teams brought the wood and it was fun to watch. Hated that we lost, but it was a GREAT game.
[/quote]

Ive always said it, if Jasper wins that game, they win state. That was probably the 4A state title right there.

It ended up 29-28 Lee.  LP led at halftime 28-0 i believe.  I was at the game 31 years ago.  Age 11. 

[quote name="Buddy09" post="873713" timestamp="1286968809"]
For me Class 4A Play-offs 1979  Baytown Lee beats undefeated and #1 state ranked LaPorte in the Astrodome.

So long ago I do not remember score  :D
[/quote]

thinkj it was in 05 or 06.  Kirbyville vs. Barbers Hill  playoof game at conroe...  kville made about an 85 yard drive with :58 ticks left on the clock to kick a FG as time expired...never thought i would see something like that...jasper and gilmer @ SFA was a great one too.

[quote name="Kville99" post="874806" timestamp="1287093757"]
thinkj it was in 05 or 06.  [b]Kirbyville vs. Barbers Hill  playoof game at conroe...  kville made about an 85 yard drive with :58 ticks left on the clock to kick a FG as time expired...never thought i would see something like that[/b]...jasper and gilmer @ SFA was a great one too.
[/quote]

And to think I missed that game.  Makes me sick to this day!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder