Whats the Best High School game you ever been too!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ST413" post="873659" timestamp="1286941168"]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=74354.msg873591#msg873591 date=1286937880]
88, 89, and 04 Jasper games and 98 playoff game vs. LaMarque.
[/quote]

LaMargue game was a good one.  felt the tigers should have gotten that one.
[/quote]

Should've but didn't. The story of Silsbee Tiger football.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="873687" timestamp="1286946761"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=74354.msg873659#msg873659 date=1286941168]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=74354.msg873591#msg873591 date=1286937880]
88, 89, and 04 Jasper games and 98 playoff game vs. LaMarque.
[/quote]

LaMargue game was a good one.  felt the tigers should have gotten that one.
[/quote]

Should've but didn't. The story of Silsbee Tiger football.
[/quote]

I think that is the story for Tiger sports!

Three games come to mind for me that I attended:

1. 1986 (I think) Semis - WOS vs Kerville Tivy in the Dome. The best defensive play I have ever see to win a game! DB (I think it was Kevin Smith) while trailing motion man pre snap, shoots the gap between gaurd and center and tackles the RB as he is handed the ball on 4th and goal from inside the 1 at the end of the game. WOW. I was sitting right there in the endzone and couldn't believe what I just saw!

2. 1999 Semis - PNG vs Schertz Clemens at Kyle Field. The Drive! 25,000 screaming Indian Idiots  ;D whatched D. Long drive PNG down the field in the final minutes to win a slugfest and move on to the State Title game. That place was Rockin'.

3. 2009 District Title (Week 10) - PNG vs Central. Blocked extra point returned for 2pts and the PNG crowd goes from stunned to crazed while the Central crowd goes from crazed to stunned. I have never seen such a roller coaster 45 seconds like that in my life at a FB game. I was just praying the stands at the Babe would hang in there for one last hoorah!

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="873662" timestamp="1286941969"]
Best game I've ever seen was the 2005 (i believe) Wildcat victory over Jasper ... right before Hurricane Rita .. Kirbyville wins on 2 point conversion at the end of the game ... Same team that went on to play Gilmer that year in another classic ... doesn't get any better
[/quote]
that was the 2004 year and Kirbyville beat Jasper 42-20

2009 - PNG vs. Central was one of the best games I've ever seen.  Great game.  As an outsider, I believe Central got railroaded with two EXTREMELY questionable personal fouls during the game.  Normally I wouldn't the refs cost a team a game but in a game that was that close....Plus who's ever heard of a blocked extra point returned for two to tie a game.
2008 - Dayton vs. Kerrville Tivy was just a great game.

WOW, several :o

2003 Central playoff win vs. Pflugerville Conally; (Central scored at the last second & the crowd went BANANA's)
2008 Central playoff win vs Angleton
2008 Central playoff loss vs Friendswood
2009 Central OT win vs Vidor
2009 Central OT win vs PNG
2009 Central playoff win vs Huntsville; (CHS down by 2 scores with minutes to spare)

i would have to go wb vs. katy also. that was supposed to be the years wb made it to state.
also wb vs deer park that yr at stallworth stadium the final score 49-42.

recap: WB 28 vs. Katy 31 in 94-95 season playoffs
        WB 49  vs. Deer Park 42 in 94-95 playoffs
       WB 35  vs. Baytown Lee 28. Wb score 4 tds in the 4th quarter. 94-95 seson
       WB 7 vs. Humble Kingwood 0 playoffs 94-95 season

* several years ago Jasper vs. Gilmer at SFA. Gilmer stopped Jasper on the line to keep them from scoring at end of game.  Jasper actually crossed line, but refs saw it differently.  I was setting on goal line because the stands were full and Japer fans said I was bad luck and had to sit on Gilmer's side.

* Also 5 or so years ago, BH vs West Columbia in west columbia.  Mason Fisher caught a pass with time expiring in the end zone.

[quote name="badndn" post="873728" timestamp="1286972981"]

1. 1986 (I think) Semis - WOS vs Kerville Tivy in the Dome. The best defensive play I have ever see to win a game! DB (I think it was Kevin Smith) while trailing motion man pre snap, shoots the gap between gaurd and center and tackles the RB as he is handed the ball on 4th and goal from inside the 1 at the end of the game. WOW. I was sitting right there in the endzone and couldn't believe what I just saw!

[/quote]

You were close.  The game was in 1987 and the defensive back who made that tackle was Quentin Tezeno, who but for some knee problems in college would have made the same noise as Kevin did.

[quote name="skipper" post="873819" timestamp="1286979315"]
dont remember the year are the team. the year wo-s beat the #1 team in country it was a team out of houston
[/quote]

Skipper, the team was Aldine MacArthur and they were ranked #6 in the nation at the time, #1 in the state in 5A.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I would definitely have to say the 2009 Vidor vs Central game where Vidor got screwed. Shane Pittman was so in for that TD. Even central people were saying he was. And the other would be 2010 Vidor vs Ozen. Come back win in the fourth with a slot t offense ain't easy.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="873926" timestamp="1286991615"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=74354.msg873728#msg873728 date=1286972981]

[/quote]

You were close.  The game was in 1987 and the defensive back who made that tackle was Quentin Tezeno, who but for some knee problems in college would have made the same noise as Kevin did.
[/quote]
I knew it was either Tezeno or Smith. Thanks. Tezeno also played QB on that team didn't he? They had a great RB also, was his name Cleveland? That was a great team.

I wasn't there but probably the best one I would have liked to see was Tyler John Tyler, I believe, not sure who they were playing. A playoff game I am pretty sure. I remember hearing about it on the radio. They were trailing by 2 or 3 scores late. Scored and recovered after each one to take lead. Last part I am not sure I remember right but I thought they kicked the last one off and it was returned for a TD.

2001 - Bridge City vs Vidor, OT and BC kicker Jamie Knight missed a game winning field goal then the pirates win with a field goal 24-21

2001 - Bridge City vs Sweeny, area round game in pasadena game was tied late and BC pulled off a fake punt at midfield that got them a first down and they went on to kick a field goal and win 17-14

2003 - Orangefield vs Bridge City, Bobcats score with 19 seconds left to make it 14-13 then went for two to win it 15-14

2003 - Orangefield vs Liberty, Bobcats took down the 10-0 Panthers  in bidistrict

2007 - Orangefield vs Bridge City, We rolled to Cardinals 60-35 to take out some frustration on all those butt whippings they had been giving us  ;D

2007 - Lumberton vs LaMarque Area Round Game, Raiders win it 24-21

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder