Best QB in SETX

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="866583" timestamp="1286307987"]
No one in this area is even close to the Taylor kid from Hardin....By far the best QB in this area!!!  Reyes from Westbrook is pretty darn good too......
[/quote]

Can't find this Taylor kid listed in Rivals or Scout..Where is he going to school?

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="866626" timestamp="1286312626"]
[quote author=LULUJUJU link=topic=73993.msg866583#msg866583 date=1286307987]
No one in this area is even close to the Taylor kid from Hardin....By far the best QB in this area!!!  Reyes from Westbrook is pretty darn good too......
[/quote]

Can't find this Taylor kid listed in Rivals or Scout..Where is he going to school?
[/quote]

Probably, no where. But I say probably. He could find his way to a small college.

Taylor is a true product of a system. It also helps that this system is very good against 2A and below teams. Most teams that Hardin faces do not ever see that kind of passing attack any other time during the season.

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="866639" timestamp="1286314124"]
He's is also a banged up player with a shoulder injury!! Once the Memorial Titans D puts him on his arse all night he might be out for the season!!!  
[/quote]
Do you think you could have said this with any less class? Give it a try.  :)

Guest HardinHornets
I will take Jones from EC and Merka from Crosby to start a NEW team.

If I had a spread style Offense, existing and needed a QB to fill in to get the JOB done at any level in Highschool, I would take Miles Taylor from Hardin, hands down.

But that's only in that situation. If I am starting from the ground up, I would take Jones/Merka

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="866642" timestamp="1286314630"]
[quote author=bigdaddyblue link=topic=73993.msg866626#msg866626 date=1286312626]
[quote author=LULUJUJU link=topic=73993.msg866583#msg866583 date=1286307987]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Probably, no where. But I say probably. He could find his way to a small college.

Taylor is a true product of a system. It also helps that this system is very good against 2A and below teams. Most teams that Hardin faces do not ever see that kind of passing attack any other time during the season.
[/quote]

Very true. Ask Liberty how they faired against Kelly and Eddins. As far as no one being close to the kid from Hardin? There are several quarterback who are putting up similar numbers.

I can and will easily say it with alot less class if you would like me too!!!  LOL  Only trying to spark a little fire with the west brook fans that I have been having to listen to all week and how they are going to spank Memorial...Got a few Benjamin Franklins (maybe I should say alot of) riding on that game coming up in two weeks after Memorial puts a spanking on North Shore this Friday Night....Memorial is for real!!!  People that have not seen this team play can easily say anything.....If you are a true football fan and enjoy Excellent skill position and all out true talent all over the field with 300lb lineman then come on out and watch it Friday Night for yourself!!!  Back the Black

TJ Class of 91

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="866662" timestamp="1286316033"]
I can and will easily say it with alot less class if you would like me too!!!  LOL  Only trying to spark a little fire with the west brook fans that I have been having to listen to all week and how they are going to spank Memorial...Got a few Benjamin Franklins (maybe I should say alot of) riding on that game coming up in two weeks after Memorial puts a spanking on North Shore this Friday Night....Memorial is for real!!!  People that have not seen this team play can easily say anything.....If you are a true football fan and enjoy Excellent skill position and all out true talent all over the field with 300lb lineman then come on out and watch it Friday Night for yourself!!!  Back the Black

TJ Class of 91
[/quote]
LOL--would love to see the Titans, but got to break in a new chapter of referee's at Da Brook game.  I have always thought PAM was for real.  It is only this year that they are realizing it themselves.  But Da Brook will match them on talent.  Maybe not 300lbs---but they have an answer for that. 

DA BROOK HAS DA DISCIPLINE-- ;D

Guest baseball25
Hey Aggies Taylor is a true product of a system. It also helps that this system is [b]very good against 2A and below teams[/b]

This system has work every where Haynes has been and thats at the 5a level and 4a level, the first yr Haynes got to Hardin the QB threw for 40tds, Haynes system works anywhere, and it would work even better at Silsbee lol.....

It has nothing to do with themselves realizing it....Its all about the coaching...(DONT GET ME STARTED AGAIN ON COACHING)  Kenny made several COACHING changes in the off season, and the players have really accepted the changes...Nelson Barnes is now the defensive coordinator and has coached at four Big 12 schools including Nebraska and Texas.  He also brought in Mike Pierce who was the defensive coordinator at LCM last year and Mark Crooms is coaching the linebackers.  He was the defensive coordinator at Baytown Lee under coach Dick Olin... By the way, have you ever met JAIVON SLONE!!!  

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="866676" timestamp="1286317863"]
It has nothing to do with themselves realizing it....Its all about the coaching...(DONT GET ME STARTED AGAIN ON COACHING)  Kenny made several COACHING changes in the off season, and the players have really accepted the changes...Nelson Barnes is now the defensive coordinator and has coached at four Big 12 schools including Nebraska and Texas.  He also brought in Mike Pierce who was the defensive coordinator at LCM last year and Mark Crooms is coaching the linebackers.  He was the defensive coordinator at Baytown Lee under coach censored Olin... By the way, have you ever met JAIVON SLONE!!!  
[/quote]
I followed several of Olins teams at Lee.  Had two nephews and a nephew in law that played for him.  I think I remember the DC and yes he coaches well and takes nothing but the best from his players.  That exlains the improvements at PAM.  The fans there need to let this crew do their thing.  As far as SLONE---do i want to meet him?  

Well, as far as passing I have to give it to Taylor from Hardin, however, After hearing about the way he curses his O-Line and calls them names I wouldn't have him on my team.  Against Buna he screamed and cursed at them all night.  He needs to be a little more humble.  He's lucky they don't let him get sacked 20 times a game.

That QB in Orangefield is the best scrambler I have seen and he can fake a handoff better than anyone

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="866476" timestamp="1286298523"]
Merka from Crosby is the best.  I'm a pretty staunch hater of all things Crosby but this kid deserves his props.  TCU commit, he has the size and skill to succeed.  If he was at Dayton, he'd be an All state prospect.  Unfortunately, he's at Crosby so he barely get's mentioned.
[/quote]

Merka is the best around this year as of now.  Easily could be de-throned by Doty or QB from West Brook who's name I do not know (Reyes I think from earlier posts).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder