any status on the former ned kid playing for png?

richie12364

[quote name="ST413" post="860920" timestamp="1285791360"]
My question is, If he was good enough to play in college,  how many college coaches want a player who already has such a dispute with a coach in his pas?
[/quote]

Probably not many!

[quote author=Zoneblock link=topic=73683.msg861232#msg861232 date=1285810909]
unless he is a blue chip caliber athlete, his playing days were over the day he walked away from Nederland. 2 yrs from now neither side will remember his name.
[/quote   HA! ha!  Ha  !  that was a good one.  Thats what he gets for disrepecting his team. never pays off to be selfish

[quote name="ST413" post="860920" timestamp="1285791360"]
My question is, If he was good enough to play in college,  how many college coaches want a player who already has such a dispute with a coach in his pas?
[/quote]

Probably the same "round" number that would have recruited him if he did play...  :o

He didn't leave Ned to play for PNG.  Sheesh, a little reading comprehension, please!  He quit the team and tried to be a regular student at big Ned.  Was harrassed so much, he moved to PNG.  He knew he wouldn't be allowed to play and Faircloth told him as much when he did the paperwork, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to try.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Now let's all get out of the kid's business.  This should have died with the original thread!

Not sure if Raider is the boys parent but sure seems to take a serious offense for the kid. I'm not saying who is right or who is wrong BUT... in my opinion, the kid didn't even take any time for things to calm down. Unless he was physically threatened it was IMO a hasty move on the family's part. The parents should have told him this is what life is like, not everyone is going to like you and vice versa. DEAL WITH IT!!! Usually a geographical change isn't going to help the problem when the problem might be in the person! The problem will just remanifest itself eventually. It might not be in high school but it might show itself in college or the work place. The lesson taught the boy was an unfortunate one!

[quote name="smiley93" post="861688" timestamp="1285872774"]
Not sure if Raider is the boys parent but sure seems to take a serious offense for the kid. I'm not saying who is right or who is wrong BUT... in my opinion, the kid didn't even take any time for things to calm down. Unless he was physically threatened it was IMO a hasty move on the family's part. The parents should have told him this is what life is like, not everyone is going to like you and vice versa. DEAL WITH IT!!! Usually a geographical change isn't going to help the problem when the problem might be in the person! The problem will just remanifest itself eventually. It might not be in high school but it might show itself in college or the work place. The lesson taught the boy was an unfortunate one!
[/quote]

Never said his choices were right or wrong, but they are his.  He is the one who has to live with them, so let him. The LEAST any of us speculators and gossipers can do is at least get the facts straight when we're spewing about it and that's the whole point of any post I've made on this topic.

[quote name="Raider81" post="861715" timestamp="1285874660"]
[quote author=smiley93 link=topic=73683.msg861688#msg861688 date=1285872774]
[/quote]

Never said his choices were right or wrong, but they are his.  He is the one who has to live with them, so let him. The LEAST any of us speculators and gossipers can do is at least get the facts straight when we're spewing about it and that's the whole point of any post I've made on this topic.
[/quote]

That's kind of exactly MY point too....this KID was allowed to make a mistake when it should have been the parents to step in and take control. KIDS don't control situations, parents and adults do! I'm not badmouthing your kid, I'm simply sad for him, that's all! I've never said anything negative about him...just disappoint that his parents didn't take parental control over their KID and his decision making. Yes a tough lesson was taught but it didn't have to be the one he learned. Whether you want to think it or not, it will be a tarnish in his high school memories of what could have been.  Believe me, everyone WILL let him live with it, it's just unforunate is all.

It is mostly Nederland fans dogging him on here which probaly has to do with them staring 0-2 in district in the face even though "the chosen one" is back. So much bitterness over a non-issue. The kid left a situation he did not like and was not required to be in and moved on. Seems some adults around here can't do the same.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder