Vidor vs. Lumberton Predictions?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pirate68" post="856948" timestamp="1285446505"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=73473.msg856774#msg856774 date=1285433178]
Lumberton 21 Vidor 3.
[/quote]Oldtimer your rush defense just got trounced and your only giving Vidor 3 points ??? We will have to see. Vidor by 7
[/quote]Vidor has had the L trains number for the last 2 years. We should take this one.

I agree with you Bmt Souja, and Coach Matthews does have a way of getting his team ready to play.

But Lumberton does have a good quarterback and receiver, but they just ran into a BEAR  DEFENSE AND HIGH POWERED OFFENSE THAT IS DOING VERY WELL.  But in this district you have to be ready to play each week.  Anybody can be beaten if there not ready to play, and Lumberton better be ready to play or Vidor may come in and beat them.

[quote name="pirate68" post="856948" timestamp="1285446505"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=73473.msg856774#msg856774 date=1285433178]
Lumberton 21 Vidor 3.
[/quote]Oldtimer your rush defense just got trounced and your only giving Vidor 3 points ??? We will have to see. Vidor by 7
[/quote]Actually I think our "Rush defense" never adjusted out of being ready for their pass attack which they apparently shelved knowing we'd be ready for that. I never really saw us stack the box ll night long.

yall are right about lcm they are for real this year. and as shocked as all yall were for us to beat nederland, i [s]think[/s] KNOW we can beat lumberton. we had a few close calls last friday but im confident we can get the kinks woked out soon enough to pull another W out from under everyones noses. that being said good luck pirates, the raiders arnt gonna go down with out a fight but i know we are capible of beating them.

Guest GORAIDERS
Lumberton has 3, possibly 4 starters out, with others playing banged up. Don't know about Vidor.  I would never make a prediction. I just pray for the safety and health of all players from Vidor and Lumberton. May all these guys stay safe as they take the field this coming Friday night.

Great post by goraiders. With all the terrible things that have happened in our area over the past week, its great to see someone worried more about the safety of the kids than the outcome of the game. Bothe teams are young [vidor started 7 soph on def] and both teams have a lot of class.  Should be a great game.  Let's all remember its a game and that we are blessed to be able to go out and watch our kids have have fun and compete.

[quote name="GORAIDERS" post="858027" timestamp="1285482334"]
Lumberton has 3, possibly 4 starters out, with others playing banged up. Don't know about Vidor.  I would never make a prediction. I just pray for the safety and health of all players from Vidor and Lumberton. May all these guys stay safe as they take the field this coming Friday night.
[/quote][quote author=Coach Parker link=topic=73473.msg858065#msg858065 date=1285503137]
Great post by goraiders. With all the terrible things that have happened in our area over the past week, its great to see someone worried more about the safety of the kids than the outcome of the game. Bothe teams are young [vidor started 7 soph on def] and both teams have a lot of class.  Should be a great game.  Let's all remember its a game and that we are blessed to be able to go out and watch our kids have have fun and compete.
[/quote]

Amen.  These kids expose themselves to injury every time they step on the field. Football is a game of sudden impacts, a situation where unstoppable forces meets immovable objects. It's a game of cataclysmic collisions, not a cuddling contest and no player walks off the field at the end of the game unscathed. Nonetheless, keeping these young men as safe as possible has to come before winning and should always be the first concern of parents, coaches, trainers and officials.

The one thing I KNOW the Raiders are going to have to do to win this particular game is keep a lot of pressure on during the second half. The last two years, the Pirates didn't beat us until the second half. Shoot ear before last I coulda swore Vidor brought out a whole new football team in the second half, they just pasted us, last year was a little better but we still lost it in the 2nd half.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder