Vidor vs. Lumberton Predictions?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="858428" timestamp="1285528029"]
I saw things in the Vidor / Kirbyville game that said POTENTIAL...I believe Vidor just needs to get the right people in the right places settle down and Like Coach Alvarez tells the Wildcats we can't win them all unless we win this one...One game at a time... Vidor +7
[/quote]Very true Kats...All the underclassmen we have are starting to make fewer and fewer mental mistakes and the secondary is getting better and better each week...Knock on wood we didn't have one blown coverage in the ned game.

Vidor will have to cover very well against Lumberton, they can throw and the receivers do not drop passes. Vidor is coming together with a lot of young talent, and I know Lumberton will want to bounce back after last Friday night. This game could come down to the wire, with the winner having the last offensive possession. L-Train defense will have to step up to keep the ground and pound Vidor offense off the field. Good luck to both teams, this should be a very good one to watch....

Vidor will need all their guns-a'-blazin' when they take to the road to play Lumberton.
The secondary covered pretty good against Nederland, seems like they're settling in and seeing the game a little better. I'd like to see them be more physical against Lumberton. We need a couple of head hunters roaming the secondary that will make the receivers dread to come across the middle. Also letting receivers off the line without a fight is hindering this secondary ......imo.
Vidor can’t afford to let Lumberton's receivers get behind the secondary, and we don't want Hughes scrambling out of the backfield. As for the o-line I see improvement, but we're still not staying on our blocks long enough to be effective at times.......Just my two cents' worth.  GO PIRATES!!!

If we play uninspired football the way we did @ LCM, anyone will beat us. It doesnt help morale much to see Mcdonald, Richardson, and Howden; 3 starters in khaki shorts and t-shirts on crutches, a mid game injury to Mouton, also on crutches, then Hughes unstrapped on the sideline done for the game. Were spread pretty thin right now and need people to step up. This thing could go either way, along with the rest of the season. We can roll over, or instead get some intensity and execute....we'll see

[quote name="bojangles" post="859316" timestamp="1285622191"]
If we play uninspired football the way we did @ LCM, anyone will beat us. It doesnt help morale much to see Mcdonald, Richardson, and Howden; 3 starters in khaki shorts and t-shirts on crutches, a mid game injury to Mouton, also on crutches, then Hughes unstrapped on the sideline done for the game. Were spread pretty thin right now and need people to step up. This thing could go either way, along with the rest of the season. We can roll over, or instead get some intensity and execute....we'll see
[/quote]

Great post! This is very true! I just wish people wouldn't count us out this year so soon! Hopefully we will get our momentum back this Friday night and get back on track! Having 4 starters out is going to be rough, but like you said...some guys are going to have to step up!! My prayers go out to all the teams playing this Friday night, and Good Luck to all.

I am really looking forward to this game. It will be very intense as always. Hate to hear that Lumberton has some injuries. I pray them a speedy recovery. Not too excited about playing in Raider Country again but there is nothing we can do about it. The bottom line is the team that comes out with a fire under the tail will take home the W in this one. Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="857899" timestamp="1285473810"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=73473.msg856948#msg856948 date=1285446505]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=73473.msg856774#msg856774 date=1285433178]
Lumberton 21 Vidor 3.
[/quote]Oldtimer your rush defense just got trounced and your only giving Vidor 3 points ??? We will have to see. Vidor by 7
[/quote]Actually I think our "Rush defense" never adjusted out of being ready for their pass attack which they apparently shelved knowing we'd be ready for that. I never really saw us stack the box ll night long.
[/quote]vid-28
lum-0

[quote name="LB76" post="858483" timestamp="1285529630"]
Vidor will have to cover very well against Lumberton, they can throw and the receivers do not drop passes. Vidor is coming together with a lot of young talent, and I know Lumberton will want to bounce back after last Friday night. This game could come down to the wire, with the winner having the last offensive possession. L-Train defense will have to step up to keep the ground and pound Vidor offense off the field. Good luck to both teams, this should be a very good one to watch....
[/quote]Don't know what game you were watching we could've handed it to them and still would've droped it ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder