*Nederland 14 Vidor 24 Final/ Comments

Guest JoesBros

[quote name="BaseBow" post="858055" timestamp="1285500293"]
[quote author=Keeper99 link=topic=73383.msg857487#msg857487 date=1285461057]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=73383.msg857396#msg857396 date=1285458624]
Yep, left all 3 on the board.
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  [glow=red,2,300]It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys. [/glow]  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.
[/quote/] They did give up >:( (coaches) ...Very very sad for the boys... Can we start baseball now.. ready go...It did not work so I guess we will finish this football season (MAYBE)..WOW what a horrible game ..And Vidors Sec did play well but that was pass inter..But it would not have changed the outcome of the game..So no excuse from me but piss  poor coaching..Sorry guys just the way I see it...Lets see if we can call the paper and put some more of our buisness out  there and get this team a little more divided...
[/quote]

NO,  we cant start baseball.  Let us enjoy this for awhile.  I know what you guys are going to be like in baseball.  UN stoppable  ;D

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="858092" timestamp="1285509695"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=73383.msg858055#msg858055 date=1285500293]
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  [glow=red,2,300]It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys. [/glow]  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.
[/quote/] They did give up >:( (coaches) ...Very very sad for the boys... Can we start baseball now.. ready go...It did not work so I guess we will finish this football season (MAYBE)..WOW what a horrible game ..And Vidors Sec did play well but that was pass inter..But it would not have changed the outcome of the game..So no excuse from me but piss  poor coaching..Sorry guys just the way I see it...Lets see if we can call the paper and put some more of our buisness out  there and get this team a little more divided...
[/quote]

NO,  we cant start baseball.  Let us enjoy this for awhile.  I know what you guys are going to be like in baseball.  UN stoppable   ;D
[/quote]Light at the end of the tunnel baby ;D

[quote name="BaseBow" post="858095" timestamp="1285509836"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=73383.msg858092#msg858092 date=1285509695]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=73383.msg858055#msg858055 date=1285500293]
[/quote]

[/quote]

NO,  we cant start baseball.  Let us enjoy this for awhile.  I know what you guys are going to be like in baseball.  UN stoppable   ;D
[/quote]Light at the end of the tunnel baby ;D
[/quote]

Thats not a light.  Thats the sun.  ;D

[quote name="Keeper99" post="857487" timestamp="1285461057"]
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys.  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.
[/quote]

These forums crack me up.....on this board, fans are upset becuase they "expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts" and over on the Barbers Hill board, they are complaining because the coaches were going nuts.  Its funny that on every board, when a team loses, it is always the coaches fault.  They should have passed more if they ran the ball, they should have run the ball more if they passed, it was the refs faults,etc, etc....  More times than not, the team with the best athletes wins (IMO).  Maybe this year, Vidor is just a little more athletic than Nederland (I don't know, because I have never seen either play).  But I think history proves the coaching ability of the Nederland staff.  I mean, I don't remember the last year that Nederland was not in the playoffs.

This forum must not be too bad, newbie, you're on here looking at it!  LOL!!   :-\  ???

[quote name="xavierbreath" post="858600" timestamp="1285540666"]
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys.  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.
[/quote]

These forums crack me up.....on this board, fans are upset becuase they "expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts" and over on the Barbers Hill board, they are complaining because the coaches were going nuts.  Its funny that on every board, when a team loses, it is always the coaches fault.  They should have passed more if they ran the ball, they should have run the ball more if they passed, it was the refs faults,etc, etc....  More times than not, the team with the best athletes wins (IMO).  Maybe this year, Vidor is just a little more athletic than Nederland (I don't know, because I have never seen either play).  But I think history proves the coaching ability of the Nederland staff.  I mean, I don't remember the last year that Nederland was not in the playoffs.
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="858737" timestamp="1285551567"]
This forum must not be too bad, newbie, you're on here looking at it!  LOL!!   :-\  ???

[quote author=xavierbreath link=topic=73383.msg858600#msg858600 date=1285540666]
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys.  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.
[/quote]

These forums crack me up.....on this board, fans are upset becuase they "expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts" and over on the Barbers Hill board, they are complaining because the coaches were going nuts.  Its funny that on every board, when a team loses, it is always the coaches fault.  They should have passed more if they ran the ball, they should have run the ball more if they passed, it was the refs faults,etc, etc....  More times than not, the team with the best athletes wins (IMO).  Maybe this year, Vidor is just a little more athletic than Nederland (I don't know, because I have never seen either play).  But I think history proves the coaching ability of the Nederland staff.  I mean, I don't remember the last year that Nederland was not in the playoffs.
[/quote]
[/quote]

newbie ???

"newbie" - Means anyone that is just getting started on this forum.    ;D

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="858762" timestamp="1285553434"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=73383.msg858737#msg858737 date=1285551567]

[quote author=xavierbreath link=topic=73383.msg858600#msg858600 date=1285540666]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

newbie ???
[/quote]

[quote name="xavierbreath" post="858600" timestamp="1285540666"]
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys.  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.
[/quote]

These forums crack me up.....on this board, fans are upset becuase they "expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts" and over on the Barbers Hill board, they are complaining because the coaches were going nuts.  Its funny that on every board, when a team loses, it is always the coaches fault.  They should have passed more if they ran the ball, they should have run the ball more if they passed, it was the refs faults,etc, etc....  More times than not, the team with the best athletes wins (IMO).  Maybe this year, Vidor is just a little more athletic than Nederland (I don't know, because I have never seen either play).  But I think history proves the coaching ability of the Nederland staff.  I mean, I don't remember the last year that Nederland was not in the playoffs.
[/quote] You must be a coach...if you are ..its your fault :D

Cant take anything away from Vidor they played a good game.  I completely respect our coaches but come on even I could see that they call plays that didn't work the first 4 times we ran them and then do not call a play again that did work.  The boys aren't perfect but they are working their butts off.  They made some mistakes of course but they cant change the coaches crazy calls.  They get out there and do their best with a heavy heart knowing that the coaches sometimes loose their mind and call ridiculas plays.  Frustration and pressure are getting to them.  Its hard to tune out all the critisim. 

[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="859939" timestamp="1285688484"]
Cant take anything away from Vidor they played a good game.  I completely respect our coaches but come on even I could see that they call plays that didn't work the first 4 times we ran them and then do not call a play again that did work.  The boys aren't perfect but they are working their butts off.  They made some mistakes of course but they cant change the coaches crazy calls.  They get out there and do their best with a heavy heart knowing that the coaches sometimes loose their mind and call ridiculas plays.  Frustration and pressure are getting to them.  Its hard to tune out all the critisim. 
[/quote]

If you look back at the game Vidor ran some up the middle plays that did not work very well in the beginning of the game. They then decided to run out of the same formation but hand the ball off to the outside. This resulted in some yards gained and it took the attention off the middle. Vidors coaching staff realised this and that is why you saw two 50+ yd carries from up the middle.

[quote name="pirates78" post="860372" timestamp="1285720777"]
[quote author=Dogs2x2 link=topic=73383.msg859939#msg859939 date=1285688484]
[/quote]

If you look back at the game Vidor ran some up the middle plays that did not work very well in the beginning of the game. They then decided to run out of the same formation but hand the ball off to the outside. This resulted in some yards gained and it took the attention off the middle. [glow=red,2,300]Vidors coaching staff realised this and that is why you saw two 50+ yd carries from up the middle.[/glow][/quote]And it did help that our starting middle linebacker was out hurt when the two 50yd runs happened in the middle!

[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="859939" timestamp="1285688484"]
[/quote]

What plays would you have called?  Maybe if you'd go to your coaches fieldhouse and ask to get on the whiteboard they'd let you. 

[quote name="BaseBow" post="860516" timestamp="1285751655"]
[quote author=pirates78 link=topic=73383.msg860372#msg860372 date=1285720777]
[quote author=Dogs2x2 link=topic=73383.msg859939#msg859939 date=1285688484]
[/quote]

If you look back at the game Vidor ran some up the middle plays that did not work very well in the beginning of the game. They then decided to run out of the same formation but hand the ball off to the outside. This resulted in some yards gained and it took the attention off the middle. [glow=red,2,300]Vidors coaching staff realised this and that is why you saw two 50+ yd carries from up the middle.[/glow][/quote]And it did help that our starting middle linebacker was out hurt when the two 50yd runs happened in the middle!
[/quote]

Hopefully the young man wasnt hurt to badly and he will be able to play this week.  You guys have been killed with injuries.  Good Luck

[font=Times New Roman]Well bearbryant IMO those 40 yard bombs NHS was throwing wern't working.  What happened to the short slant throws to the receiver that get 5-10 yards per carry????  Just saying the play calling wasn't the best.  Im not insinuating that I know better than the coaches but come on....it was pretty evident they weren't on their top game.[/font]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder