*Nederland 14 Vidor 24 Final/ Comments

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="midcountymadness" post="856442" timestamp="1285391879"]
Is this what we can expect in years where our talent level is about the same as Vidor?
[/quote]

Talent level and execution are two different commodities. Talent is a factor but execution is the difference between success and failure. The Pirates stepped up and clearly out performed Nederland last night, and was by far the better team. Folks may take jabs at Vidor's "talent level" but last night the Pirates showed up and provided the parting shot.

[quote name="mnkyblud" post="856529" timestamp="1285395141"]
[quote author=pngpurple4ever link=topic=73383.msg856212#msg856212 date=1285386045]
No matter how hard you try to spin it..Nederland is in a world of hurt! Wonder what Larry will do now?
[/quote]

Yeah, and how's that quest for 10-0 going, Chief?
[/quote]

:o

Great game by both teams tonight. I was very proud of our Pirates effort. I would like to take this time to call out Rusted Cutlass and Ggilbert. All you guys have done all year is bash our team. My son and his teammates put in alot of time and effort into each game. I appreciate the fans that support us through the good and the bad, but you two guys are what we call fence riders. I would personally like to see you'll pick another team. We don't need you. I do not know what the rest of the year will hold, but I know I will support my son, his teammates, and their coaches. I guess our chances were a little better than SLIM or NONE rusted. I suggest you go and find another team to root for. I hear west hardin are looking for aides.

[quote name="piratedad1977" post="856949" timestamp="1285446523"]
Great game by both teams tonight. I was very proud of our Pirates effort. I would like to take this time to call out Rusted Cutlass and Ggilbert. All you guys have done all year is bash our team. My son and his teammates put in alot of time and effort into each game. I appreciate the fans that support us through the good and the bad, but you two guys are what we call fence riders. I would personally like to see you'll pick another team. We don't need you. I do not know what the rest of the year will hold, but I know I will support my son, his teammates, and their coaches. I guess our chances were a little better than SLIM or NONE rusted. I suggest you go and find another team to root for. I hear west hardin are looking for aides.
[/quote]They are gonna be  :o :o :o..

[quote name="piratedad1977" post="856949" timestamp="1285446523"]
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D "aides"  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="856223" timestamp="1285386270"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=73383.msg856201#msg856201 date=1285385773]
all i will do is repeat my earlier post: it is alot easier to coach from the stands after you see the result of the play than it is to call the play on the field. Remember, coaching is their job, they get paid to coach because they know what they are doing (except Wade Phillips and Jason Garret).
[/quote]

That only goes so far vp.. I would never condone a fake punt on 4th and 7.. And I would definitely go for a 4th and inches (qb sneak)  EVERYTIME, when my line outweighs their line by 50-100 lbs a player.. I'm not being a second guesser here.. I'm being a first guesser.. its just common sense stuff.. Not coaching..
[/quote]something else I found as odd. Nederland did not even call a time out at the end of the game. I believe they still had all three time outs left.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="857396" timestamp="1285458624"]
Yep, left all 3 on the board.
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys.  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.

[quote name="Keeper99" post="857487" timestamp="1285461057"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=73383.msg857396#msg857396 date=1285458624]
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys.  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.
[/quote]

Hear we go,  potential pass penalties.  Number 11 on those passes was a sophmore.  Yes, we are young on defense also.  That was not "sophmore" coverage that was "varsity' coverage.  Had them stide for stide and shut down.  There was nothing to complain about.  Great game Q

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="857801" timestamp="1285470497"]
[quote author=Keeper99 link=topic=73383.msg857487#msg857487 date=1285461057]
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys.  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.
[/quote]

Hear we go,  potential pass penalties.  Number 11 on those passes was a sophmore.  Yes, we are young on defense also.  That was not "sophmore" coverage that was "varsity' coverage.  Had them stide for stide and shut down.  There was nothing to complain about.  Great game Q
[/quote]I 2nd that on the coverage...This secondary is very young and has taken some lumps early in the season but they are getting better every week. The sophmore linebacker is playing lights out also.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="857801" timestamp="1285470497"]
[quote author=Keeper99 link=topic=73383.msg857487#msg857487 date=1285461057]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I may be a little biased, but I agree with everything you posted....good game Q.

;D

[quote name="pirate68" post="857939" timestamp="1285475331"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=73383.msg857933#msg857933 date=1285475030]
Nederland runs a fake punt on their own 28 yard line!  Can someone explain this to me??    ???
[/quote]Its pretty easy to explain smitty. They hiked it to the up back and we tackled him. ;D
[/quote]

[quote name="Keeper99" post="857487" timestamp="1285461057"]
[/quote]

It may have just been poor coaching/clock management, but from the stands what I saw was more troubling.  [glow=red,2,300]It looked to me like the coaches quit on the boys. [/glow]  On both the 3rd and 4th down plays that ended Nederland's offensive night, there were potential pass interference penalties right along the Nederland sidelines.  I expected the Nederland coaches to be going nuts.  They weren't.  I'm sure they said something, but there was clearly no passion.  That, coupled with leaving the 3 TOs on the board, makes me concerned that the coaches gave up.  I hope that isn't what happened because the kids never gave up.
[/quote/] They did give up >:( (coaches) ...Very very sad for the boys... Can we start baseball now.. ready go...It did not work so I guess we will finish this football season (MAYBE)..WOW what a horrible game ..And Vidors Sec did play well but that was pass inter..But it would not have changed the outcome of the game..So no excuse from me but piss  poor coaching..Sorry guys just the way I see it...Lets see if we can call the paper and put some more of our buisness out  there and get this team a little more divided...

Guys, it seems like every year people are so quick to count out coach nueman and his staff.  It also seems that every year we are all saying what a great job they are doing when they make the playoffs. They have a great staff and great kids. Put this past week behind you and go get back in this thing by beating png.

[quote name="Coach Parker" post="858063" timestamp="1285502694"]
Guys, it seems like every year people are so quick to count out coach nueman and his staff.  It also seems that every year we are all saying what a great job they are doing when they make the playoffs. They have a great staff and great kids. Put this past week behind you and go get back in this thing by beating png.
[/quote]Did not say anything about the entire season just this past Friday ..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder