As A sign of respect and support for the Garret family and all of WOS

kville

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was not going to travel almost 3 hrs for a game this week but i have decided to do so...For people who dont know me i love doing things for a cause. I am a director of a benifit pageant for breast cancer awareness...My queens will be donating blue and silver ribbons with the #12 on them for all of the wildcat fans, if you would like this please let me know. I would also like to give all of the coaching staff a ribbon to wear.

I would also like to add that my oldest son is only 10 yrs old and loves football with all his heart, he is my little Rudy. He is the smallest one on his team but has the heart of a grown man for this sport. Today he took the field for the first time this season and as we parents were all cheering for our own child i could not stop thinking about Reggie, and the story from the other forum. Jerrett will be wearing a patch for the rest of his little season, with 112% on it. He heard the news last night at the game and ihad toexplain to him how a football player could die at a game. I could tell he was lost and confused. I will explain this patch to him and my little RUDY will grow up with a goal of 112%.

This is tough beyond comprehension. I love watching the game of football, but know that possible tragedy is always just one step away.

Clearly, this will be a very tough thing for his family, the WO-S fans, and everyone involved to work through. Speaking from a long memory, Jasper was on the other end of something like this over 50 years ago. Twice in two years. I would say it took the town years to heal, but I am not sure the healing is completely done. This sad event in Orange brought back some tough memories for me as surely as had it been a Jasper player.

Orange, best wishes in dealing with your unspeakable loss.

[quote name="j_dog" post="850994" timestamp="1284874291"]
This is tough beyond comprehension. I love watching the game of football, but know that possible tragedy is always just one step away.

Clearly, this will be a very tough thing for his family, the WO-S fans, and everyone involved to work through. Speaking from a long memory, Jasper was on the other end of something like this over 50 years ago. Twice in two years. I would say it took the town years to heal, but I am not sure the healing is completely done. This sad event in Orange brought back some tough memories for me as surely as had it been a Jasper player.

Orange, best wishes in dealing with your unspeakable loss.
[/quote]

Agreed. The rivalry we have with them has changed forever. It sounds like Reggie was a great kid and I'm praying for all of you that are grieving. What a terrible loss...

:'( :'( :'( :'( tears flow as i try to put this into words. riggie garrett,has brought this country closer to the familey that has kids playing sports not only football but other sports also.the words i LOVE YOU now will be used more and more thank GOD for that . we as west orange stark familey have been very very blessed to have had reggie such a short time ,but he will ALWAYS be in our hearts and prayers. i wish to thank everyone  for there prayers for reggie and his familey thay are very blessed to have so many people all over this country  that have sent prayers  :'( :'( riggie we love you and NEVER FORGET YOU,now i have another one that i can pray to at night :'( :'( :'( :'(. PS like it was told to me lastnight at chuch the mustangs will have the (12th) kid in the backfield but we cant see him but he will be there

something simple...everyone can do this...players, fans, everyone

Hold 1 (your index) on left hand and 2 fingers (peace sign) on other.
Maybe do this for every touchdown, no matter who scores.  At the beginning of game.  

Spread the 12..sign...in tribute to an amazing athlete, human being who's legacy will be
bigger than football.

As far as Nederland goes I'm going to the booster club meetring tomorrow night to suggest #12 stickers for our boys helmets. And to all NHS fans: let's pull together and all wear 112% on our shirts or bring signs with 112% on it. Pass this along to as many people as you can through text, email, or facebook. Let's show the Garrett family how much Nederland and our community support them. What an awesome idea this topic was!

[quote name="1696dogs" post="851283" timestamp="1284920711"]
As far as Nederland goes I'm going to the booster club meetring tomorrow night to suggest #12 stickers for our boys helmets. And to all NHS fans: let's pull together and all wear 112% on our shirts or bring signs with 112% on it. Pass this along to as many people as you can through text, email, or facebook. Let's show the Garrett family how much Nederland and our community support them. What an awesome idea this topic was!
[/quote]

Our youth team wore the 12 stickers this week. I'm going to have 112% stickers made this week for them. Just got back from taking my boys to the stadium. People were coming and going the whole time we were there. I just think we really don't know what to do but the field gives us some comfort. Thanks to the school for unlocking it and giving us access.

[quote name="willforever" post="851177" timestamp="1284914905"]
something simple...everyone can do this...players, fans, everyone

Hold 1 (your index) on left hand and 2 fingers (peace sign) on other.
Maybe do this for every touchdown, no matter who scores.  At the beginning of game.  

Spread the 12..sign...in tribute to an amazing athlete, human being who's legacy will be
bigger than football.

[/quote]

I really think this is the best idea I have heard. It would be really cool if a lot of the area schools could get video of the teams performing this act. It would be a great tribute to Reggie Garrett but also to sportsmanship as a whole.

[quote name="willforever" post="851195" timestamp="1284916114"]
something else...down the road...

maybe some company in Beaumont Area could sponsor making 112% rubbery bracelet,
maybe in WOS blue to represent Reggie's legacy...

money raised go to family or scholarship in his honor....

just a thought...
[/quote]

These would be awesome....

[quote name="rhino1877" post="851784" timestamp="1284949896"]
[quote author=willforever link=topic=73119.msg851195#msg851195 date=1284916114]
something else...down the road...

maybe some company in Beaumont Area could sponsor making 112% rubbery bracelet,
maybe in WOS blue to represent Reggie's legacy...

money raised go to family or scholarship in his honor....

just a thought...
[/quote]

These would be awesome....
[/quote]

This is being worked on as we speak.

[quote name="td" post="851297" timestamp="1284921327"]
[quote author=1696dogs link=topic=73119.msg851283#msg851283 date=1284920711]
[/quote]

Our youth team wore the 12 stickers this week. I'm going to have 112% stickers made this week for them. Just got back from taking my boys to the stadium. People were coming and going the whole time we were there. I just think we really don't know what to do but the field gives us some comfort. Thanks to the school for unlocking it and giving us access.
[/quote]

Yeah td, my wife and I went up there a little while ago. Something about being there just makes you feel a little better. Several people came while we were there as well.

[quote name="Betrayed" post="851905" timestamp="1284988986"]
Someone just told me that Garret was lamars starting Qb brother (Bevil) Is this true?
[/quote]

They were neighbors.  Bevil stated that on tv last night that Reggie always followed him around and looked up to him. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu