Bridge City at Kirbyville Broadcast**KIRBYVILLE WINS 51-31***

WOSgrad

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the game since PNG was off. Two great teams that played very hard and good football. The officiating was awful to say the least. Both coaches should request the film be sent to Austin for review.

I sat on Kirbyville side and even they said the refs missed a 3 personal fouls against Wildcats that happened right in front of them. Both sides got terrible calls.

Congrat to L Ford, 4000+ yards in a stellar career. BC tell the coach to quit using #12 as a kick off return guy. He is one of the toughest guys I've seen but he is on the field long enough without having to take shots on kick offs.

Kirbyville ya'll are to good to take some of the shots ya'll took on BC, that will kill you against a good officiating crew.

Great game, glad I went and my prayers to the WOS community and Reggies family!

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="849592" timestamp="1284775014"]
[quote author=grizzly62 link=topic=73097.msg849583#msg849583 date=1284774748]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=73097.msg849577#msg849577 date=1284774672]
BC did bring that same ref crew from when they played Vidor. terrible
[/quote]

Very true this is terrible!!! come on refs
[/quote]

Its amazing how many times a team can get some "Extra Seconds" on the clock.  Kville is running the clock and the clock was at 000 and the refs give BC an extra second on the clock.  The end of our first half against BC they are running the clock the clock doesnt run on the last play and they get a chance to kick a field goal instead of going to the locker room.  TERRIBLE
[/quote]

I'm not sure but I think the actual time is kept out on the field. Not sure.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="849609" timestamp="1284775528"]
What is it, kirybville off night or BC little stronger than expected?
[/quote]

Make no mistakes this Bridge City team is good, Very Good!  There stock just went way up tonight.  Menard is as tough as they come.  Before the game everyone was trying to compare (including me) the two athletes.  They have two different styles of runnings and hard to compare. Both are awesome at what they can do.  Good game for both programs.  This is one of them games where you can say from the Kville prespecive that Menard gave them heck all night and was a dominate runner and from the BC prespective I promise you Menard is leaving this game beat up and knowing he was pounded all night. Its hard to single out a player from Kville because they all did well and had good nights (even kicker lol).  The combination of the three backs in Kville is hard to stop!  Keep it up Guys!!  

Bridge City will make alot of noise in their district!  Look out Silsbee!! 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="850143" timestamp="1284811644"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=73097.msg849609#msg849609 date=1284775528]
What is it, kirybville off night or BC little stronger than expected?
[/quote]

Make no mistakes this Bridge City team is good, Very Good!  There stock just went way up tonight.  Menard is as tough as they come.  Before the game everyone was trying to compare (including me) the two athletes.  They have two different styles of runnings and hard to compare. Both are awesome at what they can do.  Good game for both programs.  This is one of them games where you can say from the Kville prespecive that Menard gave them heck all night and was a dominate runner and from the BC prespective I promise you Menard is leaving this game beat up and knowing he was pounded all night. Its hard to single out a player from Kville because they all did well and had good nights (even kicker lol).  The combination of the three backs in Kville is hard to stop!  Keep it up Guys!!  

Bridge City will make alot of noise in their district!  Look out Silsbee!! 

[/quote]

I totally agree with you Ryker..Menard is one of the hardest runners playing in SE Texas..Heckuva ball game...If things remain the same in BC..Their district could get real interesting...Good Luck BC..Great Game...

Menards back should be sore.....He carried the entire BC team all night. He is a great all around athlete and I never thought I'd see one mangive the Cats D so much trouble. Also before the game I watched the BC Kicker warming up kicking FGs from the 45. Heck of a leg.

Usually only the losing team compains about the refs but who were these guys? Who regulates them and who do we complain too? When they make (or dont make) calls that could effect the outcome of the game something should be done. I think that there was a thread posted about a crew that stunk up another game with one very old ref. Was this the same bunch? Ford and Roth both got a little hot during the game. Does anyone know if it was related to the officials not calling something?

Cucancic had a heck of a game along with several others. Jacko? Where did he come from?
Congrats to Ford for breaking the 4000 yard mark?

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="849891" timestamp="1284780577"]
[quote author=txrailcat link=topic=73097.msg849877#msg849877 date=1284780133]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=73097.msg849870#msg849870 date=1284779917]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=73097.msg849868#msg849868 date=1284779862]
This website should make a page in honor of him on here so we can all remember him as the great player and person that he was   god bless his family and the whole wos team amd community
[/quote]

I completely agree GREAT POST
[/quote]

Ditto
[/quote]

Every SETX Team should have a moment of silence for the Garrett family before the games next week.  I know this wont help their pain but we need to do something.  God  Bless
[/quote]

Not sure about other teams, but I do know Kville had a moment of silence on the field after the game to honor Reggie, his family, team and friends. So sad

It was a great game; but really poorly officiated!

It looked interesting toward the end of the game when Kirbyville had 37 and BC had 31.
We all were hoping BC would score and win by one point.
BC had to try passes etc: on 4th down deep in their end of the field.  As usual those desperation attempts don't work out and give your opponent TDs.

Good luck to both teams; thanks for an enjoyable game to watch.

I did n't underestimate BC but I did underestimate Minard. They only got control of him in the 3rd. Funny thing though I had a friend from BC at the game and I commented to him how they better keep Menard healthy because he seems to be the whole team. His response was "Looks like Ford is all yall have got." Well I don't know what game they were watching from the visitors side but from my spot it looked like Kirbyville had a lot of weapons to chose from. i know that they use Ford as a constant distraction and people should respect what he might do on any play. But he is far from "all we got".

[quote name="kville" post="850327" timestamp="1284835120"]
Houston Vanya 

Looks like he might be QB next year
[/quote]

He looks like a D1 TE, I underestimated Kville a little & I am proud that they hung in there..the game was much closer than the final score..without some costly turnovers who knows what couldve happened..anyways good game by both teams.

RIP Reggie Garrett

I want to start off by saying Kirbyville played a great game and they have something to be proud of in their team. What I continue not to understand is how you all think BC is all about Matt M. he is definetly the leader on the team as he should be most QB's are but if you look at the stats on the game he has a very good supporting cast from his OL to his receivers and everyone else on the team. Everyone has a job to do and if they don't do their job the play is busted. I posted the stats from the game to show BC's supporting cast was just as effective as KV's. This game was won by the one who had less turnovers period not who had the most talent imo the talent level was even KV just happen not to make as many mistakes.

Rushing:  Kirbyville, Ford 23-197,              Ervine 8-76, Haywood 11-42, Jones 1-(-6);
Bridge City,          Menard 20-148,          Clark 14-89,  Carpenter 1-6.

Passing: Kirbyville,jones, 2-7-1 77, Keen 1-1-0 32;
Bridge City, Menard, 10-28-3 176, Carpenter 0-2-1 0.

Receiving: Kirbyville,    Vanya 2-104,  Haywood 1-5;
              Bridge City, Dishon 6-119,  Broussard 3-51, Carpenter 1-6.
                      KV  BC
First downs    17    22

Rushes-yards    43-309 35-24
Passing            109    176

Comp-Att-Int    3-8-1        10-30-4

Fumbles-Lost    0-0 0-0

Penalties-yards 8-75  3-15

[quote name="East TX" post="850269" timestamp="1284829739"]
It was a great game; but really poorly officiated!

It looked interesting toward the end of the game when Kirbyville had 37 and BC had 31.
We all were hoping BC would score and win by one point.
BC had to try passes etc: on 4th down deep in their end of the field.  As usual those desperation attempts don't work out and give your opponent TDs.

Good luck to both teams; thanks for an enjoyable game to watch.

[/quote]

wasn't able to make it to the game, and maybe it was said earlier in the thread and i just hopped over it, but how far into the 4th was it 37 -31?

btw, great job Kville on the win!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder