Reds and Flounder on the Move

bh89-2

The slight water temperature change has got the fish moving.  Sylvan Beach area is hopping with reds and flounder.  Look for Kemah channel and the cuts and mouths of the intercoastal to be hot in the next weeks to come.  If you like Galveston get ready to dunk those mud-minnows around the rocks at sea wolf and on the beach front.  The bull reads are already being seen on an early monring bite out on the beaches. 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="849218" timestamp="1284744567"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=73063.msg849113#msg849113 date=1284733323]
It's surprising how many Mangrove Snapper there are in Galveston Bay now. We don't have them in Sabine yet.
[/quote]

Any triple tail?  Now that's fine eating!
[/quote]

i'll take a tripletail over snapper any day!  and i love snapper!!!

• 2 months later...
My brother and I took our boys to Cameron this morning, and we had our 40 flounder in the boat before 8 o'clock.  I've never ran into them like that before.  We had a great time, and now my 8 yr old thinks flounder fishing is that easy all of the time.  ;D

Get there early, because boats were on top of each other after a while.  They were all still catching fish.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="914713" timestamp="1290293679"]
My brother and I took our boys to Cameron this morning, and we had our 40 flounder in the boat before 8 o'clock.  I've never ran into them like that before.  We had a great time, and now my 8 yr old thinks flounder fishing is that easy all of the time.   ;D

Get there early, because boats were on top of each other after a while.  They were all still catching fish.
[/quote]Shhhhh, mums the word.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami