I finally figured out why some teams will never win!!! The parents!!!!

SFAJACK02

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote autshor=SFAJACK02 link=topic=72842.msg844547#msg844547 date=1284224319]
Any thoughts!! If you kid is not good he SHOULD be benched no questions. Let the coaches coach!!!
[/quo

ok i agree with you about this comment... BUT... what i have seen in all the years that I've watched football is that I will just about blame the coaches everytime a kids does not know what to do and how to play the game.

FOR example:: Little league, youth or whatever that's where the kids learn the fundmentals of football and if they don't know the game it ALMOST always the coaches fault, that's why it's called coaching take the blame and take time to teach those who are maybe not as good as others. Isn't that the reason you got into coaching to begin with??

It all depends who the head coach is and if he will put up with the parents BS.This is not only in sports but in teaching also,parents always think there kid did no wrong its the teachers fault...Parents amaze when you loose 40-0 and there telling there little Johnnie after the game about how great he played and now little Johnnie thinks he played great and coach tells him different and little Johnnie's Dad is at the fieldhouse telling coach he shouldn't talk to little Johnnie that way cause it hurts his self confidence

Guest jhamilton
NEVER does the coach share the blame right? Always is a big word for all parents. Narcissism is not a problem in the Coaching ranks right? Not ALL coaches mind having their own papers graded when they win but when they loose? Use to think that all coaches walked on water but not so sure about that anymore. Power can go to the head pretty quick for a few. This should be a good so let me fasten my parent belt.  8)

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="844651" timestamp="1284233280"]
It all depends who the head coach is and if he will put up with the parents BS.This is not only in sports but in teaching also,parents always think there kid did no wrong its the teachers fault...Parents amaze when you loose 40-0 and there telling there little Johnnie after the game about how great he played and now little Johnnie thinks he played great and coach tells him different and little Johnnie's Dad is at the fieldhouse telling coach he shouldn't talk to little Johnnie that way cause it hurts his self confidence
[/quote]

Well most coaches coach with a (being closed minded) attitude and they don't think that any parents should tell them how to coach there child. I'm not bashing any coaches because i belive that there are some GREAT coaches in football but I also believe that there are some selfish coaches who do not take criticism about how they coach well..

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="844679" timestamp="1284234855"]
[quote author=bigdaddyblue link=topic=72842.msg844651#msg844651 date=1284233280]
[/quote]

Well most coaches coach with a (being closed minded) attitude and they don't think that any parents should tell them how to coach there child.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if I understand you.  Are you saying that coaches should allow parents to tell them how to coach their child?  That's absurd!!!  How about this, coaches should start telling parents how to raise their children.  Let's see how well that goes over. 

I'm not sure if I understand you.  Are you saying that coaches should allow parents to tell them how to coach their child?  That's absurd!!!  How about this, coaches should start telling parents how to raise their children.  Let's see how well that goes over. 
[/quote]

What Im saying is that the parents may a better way of teaching their child.... Maybe with less screaming and hollering and more control of your emotions when trying to teach a kid and I'm reffering to pratices not games. If kids are not prepared for game time then the coaches have not prepared them properly.

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="844715" timestamp="1284235885"]
[/quote]

What Im saying is that the parents may a better way of teaching their child.... Maybe with less screaming and hollering and more control of your emotions when trying to teach a kid and I'm reffering to pratices not games. If kids are not prepared for game time then the coaches have not prepared them properly.

[/quote]

Wer'e talking football here...not Martha Stewart secrets on baking great cookies...Football is an emotional sport ,And with-out emotion & intensity you won't win many... ;)

Guest bleed orange
If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen. ;) Many of these kids today could not play for the coaches we had in the 70's. Back when I played parents never went to the head coach and complained. They knew better because that coach would have told them to hit the street and take your son with you. Now days a head coaches office is like a revolving door. It never stops.

Guest jhamilton
Seriously do you really have to be that bright to a football coach? If coaches dont like what they do get out and come into the real world. Try to raise your voice or threating adult like you do a kid. Just like many coaches here were defending the coaches that went astray last year from Morton Ranch and Cleveland. Really?

[quote name="bleed orange" post="844763" timestamp="1284239198"]
If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen. ;) Many of these kids today could not play for the coaches we had in the 70's. Back when I played parents never went to the head coach and complained. They knew better because that coach would have told them to hit the street and take your son with you. Now days a head coaches office is like a revolving door. It never stops.
[/quote]

You nailed it... ;)

[quote name="bleed orange" post="844763" timestamp="1284239198"]
[/quote]

Your talking 40 years ago... I know for sure that i raise my kids differently than the coaches on my sons team... I rarely yell or even raise my voice at my son and the coaches on my sons teams knows that. I have always had problems with that lack of control out of football coaches... There are alot of christian football players and the coaches should be a good example for not only those kids but for the kids who may not have respect or lack of discipline.

Attitude reflects leadership

In my Damon Wayans voice "Pop yo t***y out his mouth".  Maybe the problem with kids nowadays is that they are treated like there is nothing they do wrong and we should all be rainbows and lollipops.  Let the coaches coach and the parents parent.  they dont mix.  If Jr cant handle a little ridicule whats it going to be like when he grows up and has to go to work.  what kind of fit is he going to throw in front of everyone at McDonalds when he is told to flip the burgers faster because he is slow and the line is running around the building.  As long as the coach is not cursing, swearing, or slapping my kid around im fine with it.  yell all you want and as much as you need to get the desired result.  as they say, "what doesn't kill you only make syou stronger".  If that doesnt work then i will try to motivate him at home, or he can try out for the flag corps.

[quote name="Kville99" post="844830" timestamp="1284242732"]
In my Damon Wayans voice "Pop yo t***y out his mouth".  Maybe the problem with kids nowadays is that they are treated like there is nothing they do wrong and we should all be rainbows and lollipops.  Let the coaches coach and the parents parent.  they dont mix.  If Jr cant handle a little ridicule whats it going to be like when he grows up and has to go to work.  what kind of fit is he going to throw in front of everyone at McDonalds when he is told to flip the burgers faster because he is slow and the line is running around the building.  As long as the coach is not cursing, swearing, or slapping my kid around im fine with it.  yell all you want and as much as you need to get the desired result.  as they say, "what doesn't kill you only make syou stronger".  If that doesnt work then i will try to motivate him at home, or he can try out for the flag corps.
[/quote]

[font=Verdana]As long as the coach is not cursing, swearing, or slapping my kid around im fine with it......[/font]  thats what i am reffering too.. But yelling at kids is not the trick to teaching!!!!

You say they parenting and coaching don't mix.. I disagree.. we are talking about kids not adults!!!! [b]teach[/b] them the way they should go and when they get old they will not depart from it!!

[quote name="beechnut" post="844768" timestamp="1284239425"]
[size=12pt][b]Seriously do you really have to be that bright to a football coach?[/b][/size] If coaches dont like what they do get out and come into the real world. Try to raise your voice or threating adult like you do a kid. Just like many coaches here were defending the coaches that went astray last year from Morton Ranch and Cleveland. Really?
[/quote]

Did you really post that?

Let's see.....John Madden, Don Shula, Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi, etc........

I sure would not mind being in that list of dummies ::)

Goodness I sure would hate to teach or coach a kid magnus had. It takes alot more to be a coach then most people realize and your payed poorly to do it. Then u listen to people who have no clue about whats going on tell you what your doing wrong. If your kid cant handle someone getting after them when they mess up then they dont have to play and coaches dont want you around. Ive been at a successful, well run program and there are plenty of buttchewings to go around and parents opinions were not welcome. Parents dont watch film so they dont get to coach

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Kville99" post="844830" timestamp="1284242732"]
[/quote]

Good post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder