I finally figured out why some teams will never win!!! The parents!!!!

SFAJACK02

[quote name="bleed orange" post="847702" timestamp="1284515424"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=72842.msg847701#msg847701 date=1284515291]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=72842.msg847581#msg847581 date=1284502363]
Time for a thread intermission and summary of most of the previous post thus far.  If you have just joined in on this 10 page document, you may want to start with this fram of mind.

In SGTREYEs Ron White Voice---Yo cant fix El-Stupido.
[/quote]
You are correcto!
[/quote]

Not just yet sarg, I am on a mission.  ;D ;D
[/quote]
Not everyone's a coach...parents think the world of their kids(not meeeee!)...therefore there will never be anyone better...I coach my lil one, my last boy....he doesn't start, but I do have a feeling of envy...because of who his big brother is....the kids look up to his big brother, but it seems like the parents don't want to see him succeed...it's kinda awkward...well, my boy doesn't start...he comes off the bench and does everything he's told to do...and quietly sits back on the bench, when he's told to...with that being said...to me he's every coach's dream player....he does exactly what you tell him to, HOW YOU TELL HIM TO, TO THE "T"...and takes a seat, the same way you asked him to take the field....IT STARTS AT HOME.(period) NOW that I do think the world of...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="847334" timestamp="1284486625"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=72842.msg847305#msg847305 date=1284485676]
[quote author=HI_#20_Mom link=topic=72842.msg847199#msg847199 date=1284479413]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=72842.msg845759#msg845759 date=1284336782]
My head hurts from reading all this. Pretty much want to puke from reading some of these post. By the way I am "Old School" pretty much tells you the post that makes me want to puke. Some of these post sounds like they were wrote by woman or Liberals. ;D ;D
[/quote]

Women ?,  :o give us a break Orange, we're not all that bad!

Too bad that some think the coach is the problem. I'm not saying that there might not be bad coaches, but if you want to know what it's like, try coaching anything for awhile.
Some coaches scream some coaches don’t, and I do believe that different kids do better under different types of encouragement and/or disciple, and a great coach will know which one works best. You play the game with the coach who has given his/her time and energy to be there, you do what he/she wants, you may not always like it but you get over it!

As for being a Parent, when my son is in my house he is my baby, but when he hits the door it's all on him. At his age, if he can't explain to his coach what he wants and thinks, and if he has the ability but can’t earn it, he isn't gonna get it, and if that is the case then maybe I haven't done such a great job.
I KNOW that if I went to the coach on my sons behalf, the person my son is gonna be PO'd at is me.
And, if he doesn’t have the ability, I need to encourage him to move on to something he can do.
But then, some kids have more heart than ability. Always love to see them in the game! But the coaches will know who those kids are.

The only time I feel the parents should have the say so is when it comes to our kid’s health and safety.

[/quote]

I Know "Mom", not all of you are bad. I have been married to a wonderful woman for 27 years. By the way , I like your last post. I was waiting for someone to call me out on that remark. LOL!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

ahahaha.
I figured some were wondering; how long was it going take for me to bite!   :D :D :D
[/quote]

After I posted that I thought " man why did I post that?" Was hoping nobody would quote me. But you busted me "Mom". LOL!!!!!!!! ;D ;D Love you for that. I do have feelings.  :D :D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="847718" timestamp="1284516231"]
[quote author=HI_#20_Mom link=topic=72842.msg847334#msg847334 date=1284486625]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=72842.msg847305#msg847305 date=1284485676]
[quote author=HI_#20_Mom link=topic=72842.msg847199#msg847199 date=1284479413]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=72842.msg845759#msg845759 date=1284336782]
My head hurts from reading all this. Pretty much want to puke from reading some of these post. By the way I am "Old School" pretty much tells you the post that makes me want to puke. Some of these post sounds like they were wrote by woman or Liberals. ;D ;D
[/quote]

Women ?,  :o give us a break Orange, we're not all that bad!

Too bad that some think the coach is the problem. I'm not saying that there might not be bad coaches, but if you want to know what it's like, try coaching anything for awhile.
Some coaches scream some coaches don’t, and I do believe that different kids do better under different types of encouragement and/or disciple, and a great coach will know which one works best. You play the game with the coach who has given his/her time and energy to be there, you do what he/she wants, you may not always like it but you get over it!

As for being a Parent, when my son is in my house he is my baby, but when he hits the door it's all on him. At his age, if he can't explain to his coach what he wants and thinks, and if he has the ability but can’t earn it, he isn't gonna get it, and if that is the case then maybe I haven't done such a great job.
I KNOW that if I went to the coach on my sons behalf, the person my son is gonna be PO'd at is me.
And, if he doesn’t have the ability, I need to encourage him to move on to something he can do.
But then, some kids have more heart than ability. Always love to see them in the game! But the coaches will know who those kids are.

The only time I feel the parents should have the say so is when it comes to our kid’s health and safety.

[/quote]

I Know "Mom", not all of you are bad. I have been married to a wonderful woman for 27 years. By the way , I like your last post. I was waiting for someone to call me out on that remark. LOL!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

ahahaha.
I figured some were wondering; how long was it going take for me to bite!   :D :D :D
[/quote]

After I posted that I thought " man why did I post that?" Was hoping nobody would quote me. But you busted me "Mom". LOL!!!!!!!! ;D ;D Love you for that. I do have feelings.  :D :D
[/quote]

Aww Shucks Orange!  :-[  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476