I finally figured out why some teams will never win!!! The parents!!!!

SFAJACK02

[quote name="beechnut" post="844983" timestamp="1284251424"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=72842.msg844971#msg844971 date=1284251057]
[quote author=magnus1on1 link=topic=72842.msg844958#msg844958 date=1284250524]
[quote author=WTB link=topic=72842.msg844941#msg844941 date=1284249985]
Knute Rockne got to recruit his player but he only played the best.
[/quote]

Some of his best could have been his weakest at one point.. ;)
[/quote]
I agree because kids mature differently. But like I said before, if they love the sport they will not quit. I was a late bloomer but I stuck with it and the rest is history.
[/quote]

Define history.
[/quote]

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="beechnut" post="844983" timestamp="1284251424"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=72842.msg844971#msg844971 date=1284251057]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree because kids mature differently. But like I said before, if they love the sport they will not quit. I was a late bloomer but I stuck with it and the rest is history.
[/quote]

Define history.
[/quote]
Orange County Athlete of the year 1980. Leading Reciever in Orange County in yardage (20 yards per catch), point guard on the basketball team. Ran a 49.00 in the 400 meters in track. We was district champs. Also played baseball. Did not letter in track, football basketball or baseball as a sophomore. Matured between my sophomore and junior year. Played both ways in football.

I say if the kids come to practice and bust their humps then they should play.. they are just as much of the team as any other player!!!!
[/quote]
Do you think this attitude, which I undertand, is a product of all the pee-wee, Little League organizations--where everyone gets to play and everyone get a medal/trophy?

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="844958" timestamp="1284250524"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

WOW lol

Guest bleed orange
By the way this is the first time I have mentioned this on this board. That was a long time ago. My body has changed a bunch since then. ;D ;D My point is I understand because kids do mature differently. I was a good example not to mention I was 5'8 and 150 pounds. Again if you love the sport enough, YOU WILL NOT QUIT.

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="844958" timestamp="1284250524"]
[/quote]

Some of his best could have been his [b]weakest at one point.. [/b] ;)
[/quote]but if they do the work, then they will rise to the top. They will be one of the 11. If not join the BAND and root and wish.

[quote name="Sloe" post="845030" timestamp="1284253514"]
[/quote]

[/quote]but if they do the work, then they will rise to the top. They will be one of the 11. If not join the BAND and root and wish.
[/quote]

If the coaches will take time and work with them your right they could rise to the top with hard work...

Guest jhamilton
Many of the parents are out of control so how can we expect little johonnyto be otherwise.  When the kids cock a attitude at skewl parents should be up there to put some smoke on that ace. When my kids acted up my wife would get a text from the teacher and would be in the classroom within the hour. No parents should take their cues from their kids. Just my take but what the hay do i know?  8)

Mag do you think the coaches just sit the crappy players on the sideline at practice? goodness go coach little league where everyone gets to play or tell your kid to quit. Some people arent made to play football but they can help by being a good teammate. If they are gonna hurt the team by being in then they will not see the field period. Take your little league communist bs else wear.

[quote name="beechnut" post="845042" timestamp="1284253921"]
Many of the parents are out of control so how can we expect little johonnyto be otherwise.  When the kids cock a attitude at skewl parents should be up there to put some smoke on that ace. When my kids acted up my wife would get a text from the teacher and would be in the classroom within the hour. No parents should take their cues from their kids. Just my take but what the hay do i know?  8)
[/quote]

Agree

[quote name="WTB" post="845046" timestamp="1284254094"]
Mag do you think the coaches just sit the crappy players on the sideline at practice? goodness go coach little league where everyone gets to play or tell your kid to quit. Some people arent made to play football but they can help by being a good teammate. If they are gonna hurt the team by being in then they will not see the field period. Take your little league communist bs else wear.

[/quote]

wow... it must be someones time of the month ::)

True story from long ago----
Little Johnny was a lineman that didn't want to be a lineman. Realized he couldn't be quarterback, running back, or wide reciever so decided to become a kicker. Little Johnny worked hard to become a good kicker. He even went to a summer long kicking school coached by his daddy. Johnny thought he was a great kicker. Daddy thought he was a great kicker. Mommy thought he was a great kicker. Coach disagreed and let another kid kick. Mommy and Daddy and their buddies in town decided to get coach fired because he was a bad coach and didn't understand kids. The school board was stupid and granted mommy and daddy and their buddies wish. It was a long time before this once proud and always competitive team was any good again. Mommy and Daddy not only punished a good coach for his "mistreatment" of their baby boy. They ruined a generation of football.
There are certainly bad coaches (and bad coaches should be replaced-- most DO NOT have long term contracts), but there are a lot more parents that don't know as much about[u]"pick your sport"[u] as they think they do and are vicariously reliving their glory days (if they had them) or living their glory days (if they didn't have them) through their kids who have been taught that the world revolves around them and everything bad that happens to them is someone elses fault.

Guest jhamilton
Essexn that is total BS of a story.  How do you know there are twice as many parents that are bad as coaches? Have you counted them? Does that same plot not happen in the buisiness world? If you are a coach stop whinning or get out of it. Dont label all parents bad bc they dont size up to a football coaches expectations.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="WTB" post="845095" timestamp="1284255663"]
Sounds like mags and beechnuts kind of parents
[/quote]

Is that all you got? Bring something to the table instead of your one line cliches. Get back on the forklift and put the pallets of grass on the truck.

[quote name="exsetxn" post="845088" timestamp="1284255537"]
True story from long ago----
Little Johnny was a lineman that didn't want to be a lineman. Realized he couldn't be quarterback, running back, or wide reciever so decided to become a kicker. Little Johnny worked hard to become a good kicker. He even went to a summer long kicking school coached by his daddy. Johnny thought he was a great kicker. Daddy thought he was a great kicker. Mommy thought he was a great kicker. Coach disagreed and let another kid kick. Mommy and Daddy and their buddies in town decided to get coach fired because he was a bad coach and didn't understand kids. The school board was stupid and granted mommy and daddy and their buddies wish. It was a long time before this once proud and always competitive team was any good again. Mommy and Daddy not only punished a good coach for his "mistreatment" of their baby boy. They ruined a generation of football.
There are certainly bad coaches (and bad coaches should be replaced-- most DO NOT have long term contracts), but there are a lot more parents that don't know as much about[u]"pick your sport"[u] as they think they do and are vicariously reliving their glory days (if they had them) or living their glory days (if they didn't have them) through their kids who have been taught that the world revolves around them and everything bad that happens to them is someone elses fault.
[/quote]

Thats the first little Johnny story I have heard that did not have curse words and a punch line  ;D

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="845041" timestamp="1284253804"]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=72842.msg845030#msg845030 date=1284253514]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If the coaches will take time and work with them your right they could rise to the top with hard work...
[/quote]

This is the problem, 99% of parents believe that their child is this kind of kid. Hard work can payoff for some, others will never have the athletic ability that others do. Is the fact that they just do not have athletic ability the coaches fault? Can a coach make a child who is 5'8" and runs a 5.5 40, grow 6 inches or increase his 40 by a second? Yes, if the kid works hard and does everything ask of him he might increase his speed to a 5.2, but parents who think that a coach can make Reggie Bush out of Beaver Cleaver are not in touch with reality... hard work or not, for some, it just won't happen.

I'm not tryng to offend anyone, but you have to be realistic.

Guest bleed orange
Have you guys not heard a word I have said? This thread is not about the coaches but the parents and their kids. I honestly think that most parents think their child is college material and they did not prepare to pay for college so they are grasping for straws. Do you realize how many kids from the golden triangle get a college scholarship? The percentage of kids in athletics compared to the kids who actually play at the next level is very low. We live in a "Give every kid a ribbon society".  Wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Gasilla" post="845173" timestamp="1284257916"]
[quote author=magnus1on1 link=topic=72842.msg845041#msg845041 date=1284253804]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=72842.msg845030#msg845030 date=1284253514]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the problem, 99% of parents believe that their child is this kind of kid. Hard work can payoff for some, others will never have the athletic ability that others do. Is the fact that they just do not have athletic ability the coaches fault? Can a coach make a child who is 5'8" and runs a 5.5 40, grow 6 inches or increase his 40 by a second? Yes, if the kid works hard and does everything ask of him he might increase his speed to a 5.2, but parents who think that a coach can make Reggie Bush out of Beaver Cleaver are not in touch with reality... hard work or not, for some, it just won't happen.

I'm not tryng to offend anyone, but you have to be realistic.
[/quote]
Right on Gas.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476