Vidor Coach Jeff Mathews Apologizes

KFDM COOP

Nothing more the man can do but apologize and make amends. He's doing that so, unless I have a spotless record behind me...(Let me check -- No, I don't have one)...I will have to accept his apology and wish him well. As for his role-model comment, accepting responsiblity for your mistakes and being man enough to admit it when you're wrong, is probably the best "role-model" attribute he can pass on to his players. God bless!

[quote name="LR1969" post="842039" timestamp="1283979929"]
Nothing more the man can do but apologize and make amends. He's doing that so, unless I have a spotless record behind me...(Let me check -- No, I don't have one)...I will have to accept his apology and wish him well. As for his role-model comment, accepting responsiblity for your mistakes and being man enough to admit it when you're wrong, is probably the best "role-model" attribute he can pass on to his players. God bless!
[/quote]
Exactly. Well said.

I totally agree.  Coach Mathews is a passionate coach and emotions run high.  Totally agree with apologizing being a big part of being a role model.  Mathews is a great guy.  But, as Gabe said, I thought nothing more than a coach arguing a call in any sport. Best of luck to Coach Mathews and the Pirates the remainder of the season.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="842240" timestamp="1284001851"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=72655.msg842221#msg842221 date=1283998428]
Coach Matthews is all class and had nothing to apologize for... that crew was a disgrace
[/quote]Seems like he felt he had something he needed to apologize for even if the officiating team was atrocious.
[/quote]

I hear what you are saying oletimer...Jeff takes his responsibility as a role model very serious, but I stand by my original post...Those refs need to hang up the stripes.  I'd like to add that the call had no bearing on the outcome of the game...BC is the real deal, they whipped us.

[quote name="vhs" post="842252" timestamp="1284002766"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72655.msg842240#msg842240 date=1284001851]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=72655.msg842221#msg842221 date=1283998428]
Coach Matthews is all class and had nothing to apologize for... that crew was a disgrace
[/quote]Seems like he felt he had something he needed to apologize for even if the officiating team was atrocious.
[/quote]

I hear what you are saying oletimer...Jeff takes his responsibility as a role model very serious, but I stand by my original post...Those refs need to hang up the stripes.  I'd like to add that the call had no bearing on the outcome of the game...BC is the real deal, they whipped us.
[/quote]Where were the refs from anyway?

Guest jhamilton
At least Coach M has the guts to man up for his mistake. Best sermon he could ever give to any of us and sure he is a great man by what I read. Good luck to Coach M and Vidor bc sounds like you guys got a good one to lead the way.

[quote name="beechnut" post="842285" timestamp="1284011500"]
At least Coach M has the guts to man up for his mistake. Best sermon he could ever give to any of us and sure he is a great man by what I read. Good luck to Coach M and Vidor bc sounds like you guys got a good one to lead the way.
[/quote]

He didn't make a mistake so there was nothing to apologize for.  ??? But we do need to stop useing these Houston left overs.  There is a reason why they are not selected to do the games in Houston.  Lets start useing some our local officiating again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin