Kountze Football

cake

[quote name="cake" post="841092" timestamp="1283869641"]
Does anyone have any suggestions on what they need to change, we have the atheletes but still on Friday Night someone is dropping the ball.
[/quote]

I am going to suggest this. . . .it has something to do with the AD being the trainer (not a coach) and with the success that basketball has,, the kids may not say it but it has something to do with it!!  They shut it down early if they don't have success and begin thinking about playing roundball.  Could be an influence from inside the team or outside on the streets.  Not sure about that but I do agree. . . .they have athletes and the ability to compete!

Kountze needs and AD... Look back at the past i Stevenson did a great
job bringing in Stan Hodges but maybe at the wrong time. Kountze had the best
overall team in the district around the 08 and 09 but the offense should of had more passing
with Domingo Smith throwing the ball, now you bring in an coach that likes to spread it out but the talent
is not there to spread it out... Kountze will be okay from here on out. Only expect 2 or 3 wins a season...

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="841344" timestamp="1283890045"]
overall team in the district around the 08 and 09 but the offense should of had more passing
with Domingo Smith throwing the ball, now you bring in an coach that likes to spread it out but the talent
is not there to spread it out... Kountze will be okay from here on out. Only expect 2 or 3 wins a season...
[/quote]

1908 / 1909? 

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="841351" timestamp="1283890558"]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=72606.msg841344#msg841344 date=1283890045]
[/quote]

1908 / 1909? 
[/quote]  No i think it was the 2008/2009 season whenever they went 7 and 3. beating the district power winnie east chambers back when they had tramain thomas. the next season wasn't bad either beating bridge city, woodville and couple district games.

2008-2009 might have been a good year but i'm talking about the kids we have this year. We have talent I just don't think we have the coaches that can bring that talent out. If you look at some of the newer coaches all thier old schools have winning records why is that. I thought the main idea was to lead by example, like the coaches walking off the field when they get mad come on there are other ways to fire up your players, all they see is when things don't go well jsut quit is that the message. The other thing when your AD quotes we should only win 2 to 3 games come on are we just playing Football to get us threw to Basketball season if so wouldn't the money we speand on coaches and equipment be better spent elsewhere.  We have kids who alot of coaches would love to have lets for once think WE CAN WIN AND WE WILL NOT WE ARE GOING TO GIVE IT OUR ALL.  :o

[quote name="cake" post="841865" timestamp="1283960480"]
2008-2009 might have been a good year but i'm talking about the kids we have this year. We have talent I just don't think we have the coaches that can bring that talent out. If you look at some of the newer coaches all thier old schools have winning records why is that. I thought the main idea was to lead by example, like the coaches walking off the field when they get mad come on there are other ways to fire up your players, all they see is when things don't go well jsut quit is that the message. The other thing when your AD quotes we should only win 2 to 3 games come on are we just playing Football to get us threw to Basketball season if so wouldn't the money we speand on coaches and equipment be better spent elsewhere.  We have kids who alot of coaches would love to have lets for once think WE CAN WIN AND WE WILL NOT WE ARE GOING TO GIVE IT OUR ALL.  :o
[/quote]    Don't get me wrong i'm from kountze played for kountze and won a state title at kountze. But to say the talent is there. Where we don't have an real Quarterback that can sling the ball. all we have is an power running back in Jared Howard...

don't forget that y'all we're singing the praises of the new AD.  A very few (including yours truly) thought it would be a terrible blow to the football program to fill the spot the way they did.  Oh well, maybe it'll turn around.  ??? ??? ???

Kountze has athlete's, it'll take a motivator to get em out and make em believe.  JMO

JMO but looking from the outside in, it looks like Kountze put all their eggs in 1 basket, the basketball one that is. Kountze is going to be a dist. contender again this year in basketball and they should be proud of that. But is is real hard to be able to be a strong program in every boys sport.

[quote name="exbccards76smom" post="842429" timestamp="1284051149"]
Being a KHS alumni, I can say, that the football hasn't been the same since 1974.  we played Newton for bi district that year.  we had a good football and basketball team.  Just makes me wonder what [b]Ted Tate[/b] had over the rest of these guys that have come and gone. [color=red][/color]
[/quote]
As a player at Newton before '74, we hated the guy because he had beaten us a number of times, but he was good for Kountze and the program. I don't know the answer for Kountze other than keep on trying. Winning becomes ingrained in both the team and community. After they expect to win, losing becomes very distasteful. Keep supporting the team.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="exbccards76smom" post="842429" timestamp="1284051149"]
Being a KHS alumni, I can say, that the football hasn't been the same since 1974.  we played Newton for bi district that year.  we had a good football and basketball team.  Just makes me wonder what Ted Tate had over the rest of these guys that have come and gone. [color=red][/color]
[/quote]

By inference, are you saying that Tate is a better basketball coach than Joubert.  Shall we compare championships?

ktz gets beat cause they run the same plays every year.  they may "spread it out" one year or a power back year the next but they will always run 32 and 35 dive, 28 toss, 22 and 23 slam.  if williams is still calling the O then count on those plays being ran.

the years from 99-02 the lions should have been making some noise.  those were the year where the those players only lost 4 games in all in junior high.  the 01-02 team had tons of talent.  you had hancock as qb (could chunk it far and pretty good with aiming) with running backs arline and whitmore (quick and powerful duo).  the TE was fred mitchell, good size and could catch.  if they would have thrown the ball some they had a pretty good WR core, included,  curtis and isiah morgan, tony mitchell, josh drake, james mcneil, chris read, whom all could catch well and had pretty good speed.  the oline was pretty stacked too with guys like d. weingart, jessie spell to name a few.

the thing at ktz, the football program has to see winning before it can believe in it.  they dont believe in football at ktz.  it still shows when they say, oh dont worry wait until basketball season.  well guess what the way i see it, i dont think ktz is going to have as good as a season as they think they are when it comes to round ball.  start winning at ktz during football and start seeing a change.

During the Tate era he never let politics interfere with his job, unlike now where Your AD is a trainer and some of the coaches there won't this to be thier only job and will bow down and take whatever to keep that classroom seat warm. These guys are playing the kids who they think can further them and letting personal problems get in the way. I now in my Job if your not producing the boss doesn't blame the machine he looks at the operator to see why he is not getting the most out of his unit.

"ktz gets beat cause they run the same plays every year.  they may "spread it out" one year or a power back year the next but they will always run 32 and 35 dive, 28 toss, 22 and 23 slam.  if williams is still calling the O then count on those plays being ran.

the years from 99-02 the lions should have been making some noise.  those were the year where the those players only lost 4 games in all in junior high.  the 01-02 team had tons of talent.  you had hancock as qb (could chunk it far and pretty good with aiming) with running backs arline and whitmore (quick and powerful duo).  the TE was fred mitchell, good size and could catch.  if they would have thrown the ball some they had a pretty good WR core, included,  curtis and isiah morgan, tony mitchell, josh drake, james mcneil, chris read, whom all could catch well and had pretty good speed.  the oline was pretty stacked too with guys like d. weingart, jessie spell to name a few."

umm.....the kids that are playing now lost very few games in junior high.  That has nothing to do with it.  A lot of it has to do with bad timing, and the fact that you won't get/keep a decent coach unless he's the athletic director.  It also doesn't help that a lot of the better athletes stay in the gym when they get to HS instead of playing football.  In 07-08 Kountze ran the same plays over and over, and were very successful.  The kids (that had a consistent program) graduated, and hodges left.  They aren't bad now, but look at who they have to play.  That's rough.  Oh and btw, back in 01-02 wasn't Kountze 3A?  Once again, bad timing.  If that team would have been in this or any other 2A district they probably would have a little success.

But don't blame it on the plays.  The kids still have an assignment on every play to make the play successful. 

This is what i'm saying we will play these same teams in all the other sports and watch wat that outcome will be, why because you have a coach in these other sports that knows what kid should be where and not who his momma is, Kountze will go into the rest of the sports with the strong idea they will win. What makes it hard is for (your) football coaches to say on TV ( well we are going to play tough) come on where is that win win attitude. We've got the talent got good numbers so come on coaches play every game as if it's the last.

Spend the money and find a Head Coach / AD that has a proven record.  Hire that Coach with the understanding that he will have time to instill a winning attitude before you start playing fruit basket turnover.  And then ( this is the most important part parents, school board members, and administration ) let him do his job.  Don't go crying to him if you think your kid isn't playing enough, or he is not in the possession you think he should be playing.

Winning isn’t always about being the best athlete. It’s about doing your job better that the person your playing against.  Winning consistently doesn’t just happen.  It is something you learn to do.  It’s an attitude you have.  And it is not something that happens from the bottom up, it is a top down mentality. 

Now lets enjoy some high school football.

I sure am glad there was not internet when Kountze had a 50 something loosing streak !!  You guys would have burned numerous coaches and AD's throughout the years at the stake !!!  We've played ONE game this year and if you know anything about football you know that there is a transition period.  This is year number 2 with a good coach, who by the way was brought in by the AD !!  The truth of the matter is the previous coach had all his eggs in one basket.  What I mean by that the younger kids were not being worked with !!  Now things are changing as is evident with the JV not being scored on yet !!!  What happened this year is there was no quarterback and not one that had been a second string quarterback !!  Nobody was trained and that hurts a team !!  What is going to happen is this team is going to end up being a threat in their district maybe this year,  but for sure next year !!!  Just be patient guys and get off their backs and support them as much as you can !!  If you can't support them then don't get on here and make negative comments !!  The boys do read this site and all you are doing is making them loose respect for the coaches that they should be respecting !!!

In regards to the last comment when you get ready for work are you ready are do get to work and try different things. Come on it's thier job to be ready and to have those kids ready and as for as the negative comments and the kids reading them it's really no different than some of the childish stuff the coaches pull and expect the kids to do as thier told not what they see before their own eyes. Now if this bothers you which it appears to have done maybe you should seek entertainment elsewhere.

Guest HardinHornets
Here's a question, "Kountze's Basketball coach is Duane Joubert correct? People do realize that Coach Joubert was a FOOTBALL standout in College. The atheletes who changed Hardin around in the early 2000' years were coached in Junior High, and 9th grade by guess who???That's right (Duane Joubert).

Not sure if he wants a crack at the football spot but He is right there for the proposal. LOL
He might want to stick with Basketball though, since he has like 3 state champs already!!!

So...........Hardin travels to Kountze in two weeks. Ready for a high-flying spread Offense that likes to AIR IT OUT ????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298