Huntington at Liberty Game Thread/Huntington wins/Comments

WOSgrad

The ONE kid that went to Dayton, is one of their best players i beleive, but that doesn't mean anything!  The size of the kids has deminished since Stewart has left and thats due to the player training.  When i was in school it was out of the question to lose to a smaller school, or you paid for it the next week.

My son played for coach Stewart.  I liked Coach Stewart and thought he was mistreated when they fired him.

Thats were I am coming from.  But whether you liked Stewart of didn't his teams were ready to play every game even if they were out manned.  In the 3 years my son was on varsity we got blown out in like 2 games - I mean by 3 - 4 touchdowns - one the play-off game agiasnt WOS (and boy they were good).  The current Liberty team does not appear in my opinion to be ready when the ball is kicked off.  The defense seems confused and sometimes just lost.  I think they will get it together but right now ?????.  As I have always said great kids play for Liberty and always have they just need to work hard and they will surprise a team or two before this year is over.  P.S. they also have a lot of young kids - Sophmores - Starting so next few years may be better.

Go Panthers!

Well guess what folks? They work hard in Huntington too. While y'all are saying stuff like "What's wrong with Liberty?", you might ask "What's right in Huntington?" Those kids worked their butts off in summer workouts, averaging 60 kids a day! They have a good coach, a good RB, a good QB and they're playing better defense than ever before. I think you should give some credit were it's due. I'm not saying Huntington is "a force to be reckoned with", but they are a much improved team. Though their record doesn't show it, they have been improving for the last couple of years.
One of Huntington's biggest problems is not the kids, but the adults. Half the town are "Old School Basketball Glory Days" people and the other half are "New School We Ain't All That Great In Basketball Anymore So Spend The Money On Football" people. If these two groups could learn to play nice, Huntington could have a great football team. Of course I am talking about a town that has two fire departments because the adults can't play nice. ::)

All I'm saying is, don't knock the Huntington kids down just to prop Liberty up. Liberty got beat. Period.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine