*Vidor at Bridge City Broadcast/Game Thread/BC Wins/Comments

Guest JoesBros

[quote name="pirate68" post="838384" timestamp="1283573523"]
Yes the officials made bad calls yes Vidor was on the short end. But officials cant be blamed for piss poor tackling and letting recievers run open down the field.As bad as it is to say this ones on the defensive players.Coaches cant tackle or cover for you and bad calls do not cause you to miss tackles or leave recievers uncovered.That is why we lost.JMO
[/quote]

someone give this guy some + karma! lol

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pirate68" post="838384" timestamp="1283573523"]
Yes the officials made bad calls yes Vidor was on the short end. But officials cant be blamed for piss poor tackling and letting recievers run open down the field.As bad as it is to say this ones on the defensive players.Coaches cant tackle or cover for you and bad calls do not cause you to miss tackles or leave recievers uncovered.That is why we lost.JMO
[/quote]

>:( >:(Im remembering the promise >:( >:(

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="838315" timestamp="1283571428"]
not sure what chapter these refs were out of?? but dang.. horrible horrible... missed sooo many holding calls on bc in the backfield defending the pass. and the whole 10 sec left on the clock thing and it never started then they allowed bc to kick the field goal.. Then with 4 sec on the clock bc ran off the field for halftime...??? I really hope someone taped that..
[/quote]

Ok guys, lets talk about the 10 sec left on clock.  

BC had 1 timeout left.   Menard drops back to pass,  which takes about 3-4 sec. ball in air approx. 1 sec.  Dishon runs for approx. 2-3 sec. gets tackled.  call timeout.    So BC has 1-2 sec on clock. Kick field goal.  Clock runs out and you go to locker room.   Yes the play looked worse then it was. but BC had a time out so quit complaining about that.  You might want to start talking to your offensive coordinator. That offense is great if your up by about 21. but being down 24-7. it is a joke. You will never win with that.  Vidor needs to throw that play calling in the trash can and start over.     That 10 sec. did not change the outcome of this game. BC totally outplayed vidor, end of story.   And whoever is already talking about WOS already, please quit. Lets worry about our next game,   They all count the same.   Good luck to vidor from this point forward. but really that offense is holding you guys back.

O

Well now i am wandering if Texas High played there jv against Vidor last week i thought vidor was goin to be bad this year and last week i had a false sense of hope. Tonight was the first time i got to watch the Vidor Pirates play i really think that Vidor needs to do nothing but tackleing drills all week in practice all they did was dive at the feet at the runners and it didnt work. The refs did suck really bad but Vidor would have lost anyway. It will be a very long year for Vidor this year and look for mr. Ford to have a great game next week. Vidor looked horrible, the defence is so small they will get pushed around all year. I really wish Vidor would have lost by 45 to Texas High because it really gave false hope that they might really have a decent team. I cant find a team that Vidor can beat that is left this year!!!!

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="838395" timestamp="1283573895"]
Well now i am wandering if Texas High played there jv against Vidor last week i thought vidor was goin to be bad this year and last week i had a false sense of hope. Tonight was the first time i got to watch the Vidor Pirates play i really think that Vidor needs to do nothing but tackleing drills all week in practice all they did was dive at the feet at the runners and it didnt work. The refs did suck really bad but Vidor would have lost anyway. It will be a very long year for Vidor this year and look for mr. Ford to have a great game next week. Vidor looked horrible, the defence is so small they will get pushed around all year. I really wish Vidor would have lost by 45 to Texas High because it really gave false hope that they might really have a decent team. I cant find a team that Vidor can beat that is left this year!!!!
[/quote]
Tell us how you really feel!  LOL :D

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="838395" timestamp="1283573895"]
[/quote]

Watch out gilbert,  your going to blow out an ACL jumping from one side of the fence to the other.  OOOPs  I couldnt help it.  >:(

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="838315" timestamp="1283571428"]
not sure what chapter these refs were out of?? but dang.. horrible horrible... missed sooo many holding calls on bc in the backfield defending the pass. and the whole 10 sec left on the clock thing and it never started then they allowed bc to kick the field goal.. Then with 4 sec on the clock bc ran off the field for halftime...??? I really hope someone taped that..
[/quote] Trust me the play before the field goal was no 10 seconds. Get over it, BC won fair game horrible Refs though, even with a kickoff after that field goal, Vidor wouldn't have made it anywhere with Bc's Kickoff team.

Let me begin with a note to all those fans who are also not coaches but still like to play Captain Obvious and point out that I'm not a coach, that I'm a "coach wannabe," or that I'm the most negative fan ever. To all of you, I will do my best to be positive with this post. See, I think I know what Vidor really came out to do tonight.
Some of you may not know it, but I saw the cameras and film crews that everyone else missed. You see, the Pirates were filming their DVD tonight to be released later this season titled "What Not To Do In A Football Game."
It is going to cover several valid points. For instance, in a football game one should...

...not cover one receiver only when the opposing offense lines three receivers up to the right because this leaves two receivers WIDE OPEN for a pass. (BC's second touchdown.)

...not grab the runner/QB's facemask when you already have him wrapped up in the backfield for a loss and you are taking him to the ground while some of your other teammates are running up to help ensure the tackle.

...not try to tackle with one hand in the backfield. Or, anywhere else on the field for that matter.

...not forget that a QB can run a draw when he has no open receivers late in the fourth, especially when he has been doing the same draw frequently throughout the game.

...not throw a short pass to an opposing linebacker when you are needing to go down the entire field in hopes of getting a score.

That is just a few of the points that will be covered. Money from DVD sales will go toward scholarships.  ;D

Alright, alright, alright... I'm obviously being sarcastic. Blame the refs if you want (I'll give you the bad call at the end of the half as that was just awful), but Vidor's problem tonight was very much self-inflicted. I'm not taking anything away from BC. They played very tough and deserved the win. Their QB could pass, run, and take a hit and keep on ticking. But Vidor is not ready for district. I'm not going to say they can't play to the caliber that they played last year. What I am saying is that they DIDN'T. There is a big difference. Other than the second score in the red zone where we dominated the line of scrimmage, I didn't see the Vidor team that I know that they are capable of being.
And, to the players that read these boards: I hope that you read this and get ticked off at me! Do it! Get mad! Hate me so much that you want to play better so you can prove me wrong! Print this out and post it in the locker room! I want you to! Please? Pretty please with cream and sugar on top? Because I believe that you guys are capable of doing better and that you are just as good as any other group of kids out there. Just start believing and working for it.
Let others call me negative. Let 'em hate me. I really don't give a wet fart. I'm just real, even though I know I'm not a coach. And, I respect this team enough to be real with you too.
Come on, Pirates! Let's turn this thing around!
(And, again, congrats to BC.)

I will say this about the game... BC Out Played us in every facet of the game let that be known 1st and foremost... The 10 clock incident at the end of the 1st half had no bearing out the outcome of the game whatesover... These refs what ever chapter they are from were simply put atrocious, horrible, blind and most of the time clueless.... but with all the missed calls they are not the ones that were arm tackling and and missing receivers down the middle of the field... Good Luck to the Bridge City Cardinals! I know the Vidor Coaching staff seen a lot of things to fix before District... Good Luck to the Pirates next week against Mr. Ford and the Wildcats..

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="venom33" post="838309" timestamp="1283571292"]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=72380.msg838238#msg838238 date=1283569334]
BC for district champs!!!!! Don't be surprised!
[/quote]
not so fast.... youve beaten shepherd and vidor! youve got the powerhouse kelly next week you get to beat up on and then kirbyville on the 17th. get a win worthy of bragging about and then you can make those ridiculous, hollow predictions. until then keep beating MUCH lesser teams and making a big deal about it.  ;)   same song different year...
[/quote]

"[i]First they ignore you...t[u]hen they laugh at you[/u]...[u]then they attack you[/u]...then you win.[/i]"

It looks like Venom33 has reached the third part of his signature, regarding the BC Cardinals! LOL!  ;D        

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="838460" timestamp="1283575667"]
Menard might be the toughest runner in the area, anyone agree?
[/quote]
I will say BC can run that Texas Offense Pretty good... they have a QB with a cannon and recievers with good hands... and yes when the RB gets his mitts on the pigskin he is a downhill runner and you will have to HIT, WRAP UP, and HOLD ON.... We did 1 of these 3 tonight... we hit him... but no wrap or hold on .....

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="838389" timestamp="1283573766"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=72380.msg838384#msg838384 date=1283573523]
[/quote]

someone give this guy some + karma! lol
[/quote]

I did!  ;D I appreciate anyone not afraid to call it like they see it.

Bridge City had the better team, their Quarterback is legit and they deserved the win. Vidor is in a world of trouble this year, their secondary is the worst I have seen in a while. The offense runs great when your ahead or within striking distance, but it is not effective when down by a couple scores. It takes to much time off the clock and it's almost impossible to catch up when you can't(won't pass).....ala Nebraska's triple option in the 90's. As for the officials, they don't get any worse than that. For the guy who thinks he knows how much time would have ran off, thats not the point. The point is someone needs to pull their head out and start the clock. It was an unfair advantage and the officials had no idea how to handle the situation. They missed hold after hold(on both sides) mostly because home boy was so old he couldn't get in position to make a call. I swear at one point they had to stop Vidor from snapping the ball because this clown was 15 yards from his spot and limping to get there. The officials had no bearing on the outcome, but they probably shouldn't be picking up crews from The Meadows nursing home...... it was an embarrassment to say the least. Congrats Cards, you played well.... Vidor hang in there, it's a long season.

[quote name="FBfan7" post="838484" timestamp="1283576190"]
Bridge City had the better team, their Quarterback is legit and they deserved the win. Vidor is in a world of trouble this year, their secondary is the worst I have seen in a while. The offense runs great when your ahead or within striking distance, but it is not effective when down by a couple scores. It takes to much time off the clock and it's almost impossible to catch up when you can't(won't pass).....ala Nebraska's triple option in the 90's. As for the officials, they don't get any worse than that. For the guy who thinks he knows how much time would have ran off, thats not the point. The point is someone needs to pull their head out and start the clock. It was an unfair advantage and the officials had no idea how to handle the situation. They missed hold after hold(on both sides) mostly because home boy was so old he couldn't get in position to make a call. I swear at one point they had to stop Vidor from snapping the ball because this clown was 15 yards from his spot and limping to get there. The officials had no bearing on the outcome, but they probably shouldn't be picking up crews from The Meadows nursing home...... it was an embarrassment to say the least. Congrats Cards, you played well.... Vidor hang in there, it's a long season.
[/quote]

That was good.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="838435" timestamp="1283574985"]
Let me begin with a note to all those fans who are also not coaches but still like to play Captain Obvious and point out that I'm not a coach, that I'm a "coach wannabe," or that I'm the most negative fan ever. To all of you, I will do my best to be positive with this post. See, I think I know what Vidor really came out to do tonight.
Some of you may not know it, but I saw the cameras and film crews that everyone else missed. You see, the Pirates were filming their DVD tonight to be released later this season titled "What Not To Do In A Football Game."
It is going to cover several valid points. For instance, in a football game one should...

...not cover one receiver only when the opposing offense lines three receivers up to the right because this leaves two receivers WIDE OPEN for a pass. (BC's second touchdown.)

...not grab the runner/QB's facemask when you already have him wrapped up in the backfield for a loss and you are taking him to the ground while some of your other teammates are running up to help ensure the tackle.

...not try to tackle with one hand in the backfield. Or, anywhere else on the field for that matter.

...not forget that a QB can run a draw when he has no open receivers late in the fourth, especially when he has been doing the same draw frequently throughout the game.

...not throw a short pass to an opposing linebacker when you are needing to go down the entire field in hopes of getting a score.

That is just a few of the points that will be covered. Money from DVD sales will go toward scholarships.  ;D

Alright, alright, alright... I'm obviously being sarcastic. Blame the refs if you want (I'll give you the bad call at the end of the half as that was just awful), but Vidor's problem tonight was very much self-inflicted. I'm not taking anything away from BC. They played very tough and deserved the win. Their QB could pass, run, and take a hit and keep on ticking. But Vidor is not ready for district. I'm not going to say they can't play to the caliber that they played last year. What I am saying is that they DIDN'T. There is a big difference. Other than the second score in the red zone where we dominated the line of scrimmage, I didn't see the Vidor team that I know that they are capable of being.
And, to the players that read these boards: I hope that you read this and get ticked off at me! Do it! Get mad! Hate me so much that you want to play better so you can prove me wrong! Print this out and post it in the locker room! I want you to! Please? Pretty please with cream and sugar on top? Because I believe that you guys are capable of doing better and that you are just as good as any other group of kids out there. Just start believing and working for it.
Let others call me negative. Let 'em hate me. I really don't give a wet fart. I'm just real, even though I know I'm not a coach. And, I respect this team enough to be real with you too.
Come on, Pirates! Let's turn this thing around!
(And, again, congrats to BC.)
[/quote]

I hate to say it but he's right. We got out played, out ran. Plain and simple, we got beat. They were more prepared than us. They were more aggresive than us. They were the better team. We missed idk how many tackles tonight because The Pirates just weren't rapping up. I agree with him saying we need to run tackling drills all week long because this has been a problem since our scrimmages. But i will say this, those ref's couldn't have been more worse. I've never seen a game this bad in my many years of watching football. But nevertheless we got beat. BC good game. Yall will make it far. Vidor, time to go back to the basics.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="838505" timestamp="1283576784"]
[quote author=FBfan7 link=topic=72380.msg838484#msg838484 date=1283576190]
[/quote]

That was good.
[/quote]Very true these gus would be a disservice to any game they do in the future.They could not keep up with the speed of the game.Hell they couldnt even spot the ball in the right place because the line judges would not follow the play all the time.It became comical after awhile

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="838468" timestamp="1283575822"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=72380.msg838460#msg838460 date=1283575667]
[/quote]
I will say BC can run that Texas Offense Pretty good... they have a QB with a cannon and recievers with good hands... and yes when the RB gets his mitts on the pigskin he is a downhill runner and you will have to HIT, WRAP UP, and HOLD ON.... We did 1 of these 3 tonight... we hit him... but no wrap or hold on .....
[/quote]Iam not even sure about the hitting part..If coach Matthews would have put a grape in each one of the defensive starters helmets before the game they could have ate 10 of them afterwards.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="838460" timestamp="1283575667"]
[/quote] Lets find out when Vidor get introduced to Ford, Irvine and Haywood...all stud running backs. Vidor better have some sort of passing game or Kirbyville will pitch a shut out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin