*Vidor at Bridge City Broadcast/Game Thread/BC Wins/Comments

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="838238" timestamp="1283569334"]
BC for district champs!!!!! Don't be surprised!
[/quote]

not so fast.... youve beaten shepherd and vidor! youve got the powerhouse kelly next week you get to beat up on and then kirbyville on the 17th. get a win worthy of bragging about and then you can make those ridiculous, hollow predictions. until then keep beating MUCH lesser teams and making a big deal about it.  ;)  same song different year...

not sure what chapter these refs were out of?? but dang.. horrible horrible... missed sooo many holding calls on bc in the backfield defending the pass. and the whole 10 sec left on the clock thing and it never started then they allowed bc to kick the field goal.. Then with 4 sec on the clock bc ran off the field for halftime...??? I really hope someone taped that..

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="838315" timestamp="1283571428"]
not sure what chapter these refs were out of?? but dang.. horrible horrible... missed sooo many holding calls on bc in the backfield defending the pass. and the whole 10 sec left on the clock thing and it never started then they allowed bc to kick the field goal.. Then with 4 sec on the clock bc ran off the field for halftime...??? I really hope someone taped that..
[/quote]

why are you blaming the refs for a Vidor loss? they weren't playing.
as a fan you usually only notice what happened to your team and not what your team is doing. if the refs were missing some calls you would be safe to say that its going both ways.

Some observations on the game,  BC has a very legit running and passing game.  Great kickoff and place kicker. Kickoff coverage excellent.  Defense was salty, didn't let Vidor break off the big run.  Menard and Dishon every bit as good as advertised.  Bridge City will make the playoffs this year.
Vidor obviously is inexperienced with 4 starters coming back from last year.  Very small on defense, noseman looked to weigh about 135-140.  Except for Clark, running backs are small also.   Need to practice tackling and pass defense.  Offense showed some life with the running game, passing "game" nil.  This will be a rebuilding year for Vidor.

[quote name="FootballFan96" post="838349" timestamp="1283572423"]
[quote author=magnus1on1 link=topic=72380.msg838315#msg838315 date=1283571428]
[/quote]

why are you blaming the refs for a Vidor loss? they weren't playing.
as a fan you usually only notice what happened to your team and not what your team is doing. if the refs were missing some calls you would be safe to say that its going both ways.
[/quote]

because refs have really srewed us out of lots. last years nederland vidor game vidor truely won and got royaly screwed out of the victory

dont let the score fool you.  This game was a joke.   WOW.  I dont complain about officials but $%#@#$%$$.   Good look Bridge city in your district.  If you can figure a way to get that crew for all your games you will win district (especially against WOS).  WOW, oh oops >:( I forgot about the promise. ;D

Do you really think that the 10 seconds and the 4 seconds would have won you the game. Come on guys you got beat that's it. Just say bc played a good game take your lumps and build on it for a better week next week. Kirbyville and wos gonna be tough. I hope bc stays confident but humble

Yes the officials made bad calls yes Vidor was on the short end. But officials cant be blamed for piss poor tackling and letting recievers run open down the field.As bad as it is to say this ones on the defensive players.Coaches cant tackle or cover for you and bad calls do not cause you to miss tackles or leave recievers uncovered.That is why we lost.JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder