Gregory-Portland vs. Port Neches-Groves/GP WINS 30-29!!!!!!

you will find out in due time # 4 just finds a way to get open and catch the ball. AS for ole sgtrey you better get ready for Memorial they are gonna give west brook all they can handle. their defense is big quick aggressive and brings the wood every down. i was very impressed with their defense offense moved the ball fairly easily also, look for the titans to make a lot of noise this year. like i said im no coach but on fourth down i would have kicked the fieldgoal but i think they were under the impression that they thought they could get the first down and try to run out some more of the clock before attempting to make the kick. im sure they didnt want to give gp any more time to move the ball. i will say this the three year starter at qb fishbeck i think his name is put the ball on the money and hit the wideouts everytime he went deep. They played a hell of a game they were a well disciplined team, the last pic that doty threw was the nail in the coffin. he needs to learn not to throw off his back foot and try to force things. but other than that the receivers need to hang on the ball. if Gizzi can stay in bounds when he makes the catch we should have three very capable receivers that can make some noise. Besides our defense getting a f on defending the pass our special teams wasnt all that impressive either, new week time to start fresh and get ourselves back together. No time to worry about what woulda coulda that was a reality check time to get  back to the basics.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tappedout
I believe we will be fine! Last year our secondary had a few problem's early in the season and the coaches made a few moves and it worked out pretty good. LB'S and DB's will have to make some adjustment's. I disagree with Scalp'em on a couple of his comment's. Bertrand ran very hard and finished every run and the their QB had a pretty quick release. DJ was pretty much hitting him on every play just as he released the ball. Their QB had a good deep ball and was very accurate. I thought the LB's and DB's were not very agressive. I believe we will see some changes. Our line did a good job of pass blocking but not very good run blocking. They could not cover Jayce and quit looking his way in the 4th quarter. You have to give their defense credit they outplayed us in the 2nd half. We had a very good game plan offensively, but dropped passes and missed passes to wide open reciever's. Overall I think we played well against a good team. We will not see a QB that good in our district. We can say what we should have done this and done that but if we just catch that pass on 3rd down that was right there. It's up to the player's to make play's! We had some player's get a little banged up last night. There was some hitting going on in that game. DJ was everywhere with a bad ankle. I'd like to know how many tackle's he had.

tappedout, you and I are on the same topics about the game, but I still think you need more than DJ to get to the backfield. I don't think we pressured him very much, and if you seen there were alot of times were DB's weren't even 10 yards close to the WR's. That's going to have to be addressed. I'm not in scared mode yet because I believe BF will have the boys ready by the time district rolls around. They will have to move some people around though. Nothing against Bertrand, but I think I'm just use to the last couple of guys that exploded through the holes and got the extra yards after contact. I'm not saying he's a bad RB because I believe he's going to be a good one, just a little young right now. I think the boys will be ready for the next 9 games.

Ok here is my 2$ worth went to this game and was thrilled to see a great football game.  What hurt PNG in this game

5) Key dropped passes that would have been a score
                                                                                                                            4)Two interceptions both at terrible times in the game
                                                                                                                            3)Unable to establish the running game
                                                                                                                            2)unable to put any pressure on the quaterback
                                                                                                                            1) safeties over the top had trouble with coverage.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="834688" timestamp="1283135423"]
Ok here is my 2$ worth went to this game and was thrilled to see a great football game.  What hurt PNG in this game

[/quote]

6) [b][color=purple]Playing a better team[/color][/b]

BC Card I think the game could have been won just as easily as it was lost. Both teams were very evenly matched. I listened to the game and pulled for the local boys. I am proud of the way the game was played.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="834496" timestamp="1283120275"]
you will find out in due time # 4 just finds a way to get open and catch the ball. AS for ole sgtrey you better get ready for Memorial they are gonna give west brook all they can handle. their defense is big quick aggressive and brings the wood every down. i was very impressed with their defense offense moved the ball fairly easily also, look for the titans to make a lot of noise this year. like i said im no coach but on fourth down i would have kicked the fieldgoal but i think they were under the impression that they thought they could get the first down and try to run out some more of the clock before attempting to make the kick. im sure they didnt want to give gp any more time to move the ball. i will say this the three year starter at qb fishbeck i think his name is put the ball on the money and hit the wideouts everytime he went deep. They played a heck of a game they were a well disciplined team, the last pic that doty threw was the nail in the coffin. he needs to learn not to throw off his back foot and try to force things. but other than that the receivers need to hang on the ball. if Gizzi can stay in bounds when he makes the catch we should have three very capable receivers that can make some noise. Besides our defense getting a f on defending the pass our special teams wasnt all that impressive either, new week time to start fresh and get ourselves back together. No time to worry about what woulda coulda that was a reality check time to get  back to the basics.
[/quote]preach!

Ok here is my 2$ worth went to this game and was thrilled to see a great football game.  What hurt PNG in this game

[/quote]Next TV game you need to get Dayton's field-goal kicker we rent him out on Saturday's ( he's already kicked a 45 yarder this year and he's a sophmore )

[quote name="Card" post="834730" timestamp="1283138216"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=72027.msg834688#msg834688 date=1283135423]

[/quote]

6) Playing a better team
[/quote]

Um, not quite sir.  You must not have seen any of the game.

[quote name="scooter!" post="834731" timestamp="1283138278"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=72027.msg834496#msg834496 date=1283120275]
you will find out in due time # 4 just finds a way to get open and catch the ball. AS for ole sgtrey you better get ready for Memorial they are gonna give west brook all they can handle. their defense is big quick aggressive and brings the wood every down. i was very impressed with their defense offense moved the ball fairly easily also, look for the titans to make a lot of noise this year. like i said im no coach but on fourth down i would have kicked the fieldgoal but i think they were under the impression that they thought they could get the first down and try to run out some more of the clock before attempting to make the kick. im sure they didnt want to give gp any more time to move the ball. i will say this the three year starter at qb fishbeck i think his name is put the ball on the money and hit the wideouts everytime he went deep. They played a heck of a game they were a well disciplined team, the last pic that doty threw was the nail in the coffin. he needs to learn not to throw off his back foot and try to force things. but other than that the receivers need to hang on the ball. if Gizzi can stay in bounds when he makes the catch we should have three very capable receivers that can make some noise. Besides our defense getting a f on defending the pass our special teams wasnt all that impressive either, new week time to start fresh and get ourselves back together. No time to worry about what woulda coulda that was a reality check time to get  back to the basics.
[/quote]preach!
[/quote]
::) ::)

[/quote]

Dang, how did the water-boy/girls do?  ;D  What else is there? 

Guest tappedout
We really didn't try to run the ball much until the 4th quarter. In the 1st half when we did run we were averaging about 5 yds a carry but the passing game was on fire. Doty was very hot in the 1st half and then went very cold in the 2nd half. We were playing against a pretty good defense as everyone could see in the 2nd half. We will have another very good season, this team is good! We have a lot of new guy's at LB and in the secondary. Our experience on defense is up front and they will have to get pressure up the middle to take some pressure off of the secondary. We stayed in that zone coverage all night and paid for it. I believe we were surprised by their passing attack because of them being mainly a running team. When they got down by 14 and could not run the ball, they started passing and really didn't stop. It was a good adjustment by their staff. I think our coaches have done an excellant job coaching. We have 8 new starter's on defense that played in their 1st varsity game, they can only get better. They will watch film and I'm sure our coach's will correct the problem's. You can't go undefeated every season. I feel very confident in predicting that we will not lose a district game.

[quote name="tappedout" post="834840" timestamp="1283171268"]
We really didn't try to run the ball much until the 4th quarter. In the 1st half when we did run we were averaging about 5 yds a carry but the passing game was on fire. Doty was very hot in the 1st half and then went very cold in the 2nd half. We were playing against a pretty good defense as everyone could see in the 2nd half. We will have another very good season, this team is good! We have a lot of new guy's at LB and in the secondary. Our experience on defense is up front and they will have to get pressure up the middle to take some pressure off of the secondary. We stayed in that zone coverage all night and paid for it. I believe we were surprised by their passing attack because of them being mainly a running team. When they got down by 14 and could not run the ball, they started passing and really didn't stop. It was a good adjustment by their staff. I think our coaches have done an excellant job coaching. We have 8 new starter's on defense that played in their 1st varsity game, they can only get better. They will watch film and I'm sure our coach's will correct the problem's. You can't go undefeated every season. I feel very confident in predicting that we will not lose a district game.
[/quote]
I agree  with your statements. I would like to have seen the O run the ball more and wear down  GP defense. I think we did get some decent pressure on the QB alot. I feel with the next 2 pre-season games the secondary and linebackers will improve tremendously. The secondary may have some changes but who knows. I trust in the coaches and their abilities.

Guest tappedout
I take it our team didn't know they were suppose to stay out on field after the game for a trophy presentation? I know we recieved some boo's from the other side. Faircloth recieved the trophy as the team went to dressing room. Maybe we needed to get on the bus pretty quick for the long journey home? I guess the coaching staff instructed the team to go to the locker room. No matter what the case was, it did not look too good when the loud speaker was instructing us to stay on the field as we left.

[quote name="tappedout" post="834872" timestamp="1283175518"]
I take it our team didn't know they were suppose to stay out on field after the game for a trophy presentation? I know we recieved some boo's from the other side. Faircloth recieved the trophy as the team went to dressing room. Maybe we needed to get on the bus pretty quick for the long journey home? I guess the coaching staff instructed the team to go to the locker room. No matter what the case was, it did not look too good when the loud speaker was instructing us to stay on the field as we left.
[/quote]

Believe it or not but the game before us El Paso Hanks left the field also and the PA Announcer was asking them to stay on the field.

Also I am so glad everyone is so interested the PNG program. We have more post on this thread from non PNG fans then the actual PNG faithful. So glad we're so recognized in our area and fans are more interested in what we do than there own teams. I have plenty of purple shirts if anyone needs one!!!

[quote name="PNGFan" post="834881" timestamp="1283176118"]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=72027.msg834872#msg834872 date=1283175518]
[/quote]

Believe it or not but the game before us El Paso Hanks left the field also and the PA Announcer was asking them to stay on the field.

Also I am so glad everyone is so interested the PNG program. We have more post on this thread from non PNG fans then the actual PNG faithful. So glad we're so recognized in our area and fans are more interested in what we do than there own teams. I have plenty of purple shirts if anyone needs one!!!
[/quote]

Yea, I need a purple shirt. I just ran out of toilet paper.  :D

[quote name="Roughrider" post="834905" timestamp="1283178452"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=72027.msg834881#msg834881 date=1283176118]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Yea, I need a purple shirt. I just ran out of toilet paper.  :D
[/quote][/b]LMAO

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Yea, I need a purple shirt. I just ran out of toilet paper.  :D[/b]
[/quote]now that's just awesome!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea, I need a purple shirt. I just ran out of toilet paper.   :D
[/quote]

Make it two!  ;D ;D ;D

I know I'm gonna get some flak for this, but the officials were a big key also. I saw numerous holds by G-P and two blocks in the back on the same play by the SAME G-P player. I realize there were probably plenty uncalled on us, but you shouldn't see that many uncalled penalties when you're not even looking for them.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder