District 22 3 A

A good sound District!  Huffman will lead a good challenge for the District championship. I watched them last year and their front line play was exemplary, but their back line could not hold strong all the way.  They could do well in the playoffs this season.

Guest jhamilton
Do not keep up with the local action that much anymore  but Tarkington wouild have to be the favorite. Huffman has a new coach  but they do have a really  good player Shelby Pier. She is good some looks but other than that not real sure. Goodl luck to the Lady Falcons.

• 2 weeks later...
The Power Houses have lost many "ALL District" players due to graduation,even so, Tarkington should be the team to beat, Huffman lost thier coach and many players but still has a good program.Splendora is probably in rebuild year,Liberty lost thier most successfal coach in school history to C.E King which leaves the new coach with big shoes to fill but has enough talent to go to the playoffs.Cleveland isnt quite there yet,Coldsprings also in a rebuild year,Shepard probably wont be a factor. This is how I rate 'em  1)Tarkington  2)Liberty 3)Huffman 4)Splendora and the rest is anybodies guess.

Having seen most of these teams, I would say that Tarkington and Huffman are way out in front of the others with Tarkington having the slight edge.  If Huffman can find a way to slow down Tarkington's outside hitter, can never remember her name.  They could pull out a district championship.  Not sure who will finish in 3rd.  Would have to say it's close between Liberty and Splendora.

[quote name="utfan06" post="824481" timestamp="1281493585"]
I would say between Tarkington and Huffman... then Splendora.
[/quote]

Have you seen Splendora play this year?  They won't sniff third.  I'll give that to, maybe, Liberty.  They are scrappy.

Huffman looked pretty good at their own tournament with a hiccup or two there.  Tarkington is always pretty solid, so I think it comes down to those 2 for the first 2 spots.

• 5 weeks later...
Ok,half way thru district play its 1)Tarkington,2)Huffman,3)Liberty.If the season were to end today,these three teams would go to the playoffs.I hope none of them look ahead to the playoffs yet,there is still another half to go,anything could happen!!They need to stay focused.Tarkington is ranked 12th in the state according to Maxpreps.Ive had the pleasure of seeing most these girls play with the exception of Splendora,hopefully I will get to see them later.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jhamilton
[quote name="donald3633" post="884258" timestamp="1287799819"]
Playoffs look set barring any disqualifications,Tarkington,Huffman,and Liberty will go. Congradulations to them.
[/quote]

Ya I was talking to Piers dad today and he told me that Huffman had a bye? Good luck to all of our teams and good luck. Thanks for the update donald and post the playoff matches if you dont mind.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder