How about those massive letters

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="819159" timestamp="1279624611"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=71081.msg819143#msg819143 date=1279596942]
Have Butch  ever done you anything wrong personally?  What about anyone in BISD?  [/quote]

Well, lets see. He tore down my Moms old HS with an "Ambush" demolition, then immeadiately built a multi-million dollar monument to himself out on I-10. And that was just in the last 12 months...  :P

[/quote]

But does your mother still live in SP and pay taxes in BISD?  If not, then no gripe.  The protectors of SP had plenty of opportunities to enshrine the 3rd floor since it became a middle school in '86.  Most of the people whining about SP being demode don't live in BISD and should get a case of hush mouth.  BTW, there will be a new SP built on the same site so it's not like SP is gone.....

Now where was all this concern about old buildings when Charlton-Pollard was demoed?  Oh that's right, it was on the other side of the tracks and pride in your school there doesn't count.......

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SFA85" post="819166" timestamp="1279629315"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=71081.msg819159#msg819159 date=1279624611]
Have Butch  ever done you anything wrong personally?  What about anyone in BISD?  [/quote]

Well, lets see. He tore down my Moms old HS with an "Ambush" demolition, then immeadiately built a multi-million dollar monument to himself out on I-10. And that was just in the last 12 months...  :P

[/quote]

Now where was all this concern about old buildings when Charlton-Pollard was demoed?  Oh that's right, it was on the other side of the tracks and pride in your school there doesn't count.......
[/quote]

If there was no concern raised back then, then you can blame the folks that attended C-P for not doing so.  It has nothing to do with what side of the tracks the building was on.....whatever thats suppost to mean.

[quote name="PNG1992" post="819168" timestamp="1279630558"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=71081.msg819166#msg819166 date=1279629315]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=71081.msg819159#msg819159 date=1279624611]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If there was no concern raised back then, then you can blame the folks that attended C-P for not doing so.  It has nothing to do with what side of the tracks the building was on.....whatever thats suppost to mean.
[/quote]

Wake me when PN-G goes through anything like the history of Beaumont schools......

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="SFA85" post="819166" timestamp="1279629315"]
But does your mother still live in SP and pay taxes in BISD?  If not, then no gripe.  The protectors of SP had plenty of opportunities to enshrine the 3rd floor since it became a middle school in '86.  Most of the people whining about SP being demode don't live in BISD and should get a case of hush mouth.  BTW, there will be a new SP built on the same site so it's not like SP is gone.....
[/quote]

1) Mom just passed away, but [u][b]I PAY [/b] [/u] bisd taxes. I will say whatever I want to, 85. Period.
2) Wether Mom "lived in BISD or not", she [i]cared[/i] about SP. Duh.
3) You run your mouth constantly, but have the nerve to tell others to "hush mouth"?    >:( 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="819177" timestamp="1279633609"]
[/quote]

1) Mom just passed away, but [u][b]I PAY [/b] [/u] bisd taxes. I will say whatever I want to, 85. Period.
3) You run your mouth constantly, but have the nerve to tell others to "hush mouth"?    >:(   
[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your mom, but sell the house......
And since you're handling the affairs, I don't see nothing going on in Stowel so again, you have no say....
And just like you, I have an opinion that none of you Butch-haters like but will see as long as I'm not banned...

So in conclusion....
Enjoy small and old Bucanneer Stadium
The majority of Us in BISD will enjoy and our kids will benefit from the fruits of CBT's labour......

[quote name="SFA85" post="819191" timestamp="1279635545"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=71081.msg819177#msg819177 date=1279633609]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And since you're handling the affairs, I don't see nothing going on in Stowel so again, you have no say....
And just like you, I have an opinion that none of you Butch-haters like but will see as long as I'm not banned...

So in conclusion....
The majority of Us in BISD will enjoy and our kids will benefit from the fruits of CBT's labour......
[/quote]

FYI, East Chambers got a new stadium a couple of years ago. ;) They also have the best high school gym of any school in the Southeast Texas area, regardless of classification.

SFA85, how do you know ECbucfan doesn't live in Beaumont?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="819193" timestamp="1279635801"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=71081.msg819191#msg819191 date=1279635545]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=71081.msg819177#msg819177 date=1279633609]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So in conclusion....
[/quote]

FYI, East Chambers got a new stadium a couple of years ago. ;) They also have the best high school gym of any school in the Southeast Texas area, regardless of classification.

SFA85, how do you know ECbucfan doesn't live in Beaumont?
[/quote]

Good for ECC.  Last time I was on 124, it looked the same from the road.  Cus he said so but even still, you either with the majority in BISD who want new buildings for the kids now and in the future, or you're a have this teabaggin' mentality which as far as I'm concern all those types can move out.....

I personally am glad that BISD is getting new buildings for their schools. Been a long time coming. If it is because of him, then kudos to the sup. Good job.

But, that doesn't mean he should get his name on a building. I guess I am old school. I always believe those kind of things should be done as a memorial. I know that buildings and stadiums get named by living folks all the time, but those folks usually have bought the naming rights or bought the building. (donations).

I know I live outside BISD, I really have no say in this matter. But personally, I thought they should have named the staduim Durley/Smith Memorial Staduim, after Alex Durley and Willie Ray Smith. They could put Butch's name on the natatorium beside the staduim.

From an outsider look driving by, the name on the staduim looks self gratifying. But, that's just me.

Guest rykerx144
I can see both sides to this argument.  Everyone hates to see things in their past go.  Its obvious you have to keep up with times and upgrade and provide the most up to date enviroment for the kids.  The change has to be made like it or not, but there is nothing wrong with the so called "tea baggers" holding on to their past and being upset that it has to be changed.  Is there really a need for this debate?  SFA what does this have to do with what side of the track your on?  Your the only one making that an issue.  You are getting on to them for not wanting to let go of the past!!  Right??  well it sounds like you need to let go of the past too!  

[quote name="rykerx144" post="819205" timestamp="1279637334"]
I can see both sides to this argument.  Everyone hates to see things in their past go.  Its obvious you have to keep up with times and upgrade and provide the most up to date enviroment for the kids.  The change has to be made like it or not, but there is nothing wrong with the so called "tea baggers" holding on to their past and being upset that it has to be changed.  Is there really a need for this debate?  SFA what does this have to do with what side of the track your on?  Your the only one making that an issue.  You are getting on to them for not wanting to let go of the past!!  Right??  well it sounds like you need to let go of the past too!  
[/quote]
The side of the track comment was based on no one outside of the South End and alums of C-P shed not a single tear when it was demoed.  Now fast forward to 2010, people that don't even live in BISD let alone SP neighbor cry and lament for that old building which the various historical societies had plenty of chances since '86 to turn SPHS/MS into some type of artifact. 

But again, trying to debate with those who don't like progress for all, despite the name on the building, is futile @best.....

SFA 85, it's not worth the time to debate this.  When I go support my Jaguars over there, everyone else will see the same name that i see up there and there is nothing that can be done about it.  Everyone is throwing all these names out there and some are some pretty good ideas that could have pleased everybody.  But it has been named and thats not going to change. 

Ok, my mom graduated from South Park high school and i went to South Park middle school.  Neither of my two kids will go to the new school being built cause thats not where they are zoned for.  I did not shed a tear when they tore it down.  I'm all for progress and if that means tearing down a school to build a new one, so be it.  The only people that should have even had a say are the people that live in that area and have kids that are zoned to go there.  It shouldn't matter to anyone else who stays on the other side of Beaumont or not in Beaumont at all. 

[quote name="Big Ford" post="819247" timestamp="1279645469"]
SFA 85, it's not worth the time to debate this.  When I go support my Jaguars over there, everyone else will see the same name that i see up there and there is nothing that can be done about it.  Everyone is throwing all these names out there and some are some pretty good ideas that could have pleased everybody.  But it has been named and thats not going to change. 

Ok, my mom graduated from South Park high school and i went to South Park middle school.  Neither of my two kids will go to the new school being built cause thats not where they are zoned for.  I did not shed a tear when they tore it down.  I'm all for progress and if that means tearing down a school to build a new one, so be it.  The only people that should have even had a say are the people that live in that area and have kids that are zoned to go there.  It shouldn't matter to anyone else who stays on the other side of Beaumont or not in Beaumont at all. 
[/quote]

Amen to all of that Big Ford.....

[quote name="Big Ford" post="819247" timestamp="1279645469"]

[/quote]
Well said....now lets play some football!!!!!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="SFA85" post="819191" timestamp="1279635545"]

So in conclusion....
[/quote]

[u]Final thoughts on this subject for me: [/u]

Well, if nothing else 85, you are consistant. Consistantly WRONG. You need to stop jumping to wrong conclusions in the full absence of fact. Don't go out on a limb.  FYI:

1) Moms house was not in BISD, and I don't live there either .
2) It is sold.
3) As AAW said, Buc stadium is not "old and small" at all. Its fantastic, and the gym is increadible. All was done at a tiny fraction of the price BISD would have spent. That = [i]efficiency and practicality[/i]. Take note!
4) Finally, ever heard of [i]someone owning a property[/i] in BISD, and not actually living there?

Think man, THINK!  ;)  

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="819256" timestamp="1279648892"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=71081.msg819191#msg819191 date=1279635545]

So in conclusion....
[/quote]

[u]Final thoughts on this subject for me: [/u]

Well, if nothing else 85, you are consistant. Consistantly WRONG. You need to stop jumping to wrong conclusions in the full absence of fact. Don't go out on a limb.  FYI:

1) Moms house was not in BISD, and I don't live there either .
2) It is sold.
3) As AAW said, Buc stadium is not "old and small" at all. Its fantastic, and the gym is increadible. All was done at a tiny fraction of the price BISD would have spent. That = [i]efficiency and practicality[/i]. Take note!
4) Finally, ever heard of [i]someone owning a property[/i] in BISD, and not actually living there?

Think man, THINK!  ;)  

[/quote]

I'm not wrong.  You just like most here on this board don't live inside BISD's lines and really your opionion doesn't count.  So, once again, enjoy Winnie High's new facilities and we'll continue to move forward in BISD despite with the CBT haters have to say.....

[quote name="rykerx144" post="819205" timestamp="1279637334"]
I can see both sides to this argument.  Everyone hates to see things in their past go.  [b]Its obvious you have to keep up with times and upgrade and provide the most up to date enviroment for the kids.[/b]  The change has to be made like it or not, but there is nothing wrong with the so called "tea baggers" holding on to their past and being upset that it has to be changed.  Is there really a need for this debate?  SFA what does this have to do with what side of the track your on?  Your the only one making that an issue.  You are getting on to them for not wanting to let go of the past!!  Right??  well it sounds like you need to let go of the past too!  
[/quote]

Nice statement ^ People in Nederland must not see it your/our way. Hopefully we can try again for some needed upgrades.

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="819286" timestamp="1279659065"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=71081.msg819205#msg819205 date=1279637334]
I can see both sides to this argument.  Everyone hates to see things in their past go.  [b]Its obvious you have to keep up with times and upgrade and provide the most up to date enviroment for the kids.[/b]  The change has to be made like it or not, but there is nothing wrong with the so called "tea baggers" holding on to their past and being upset that it has to be changed.  Is there really a need for this debate?  SFA what does this have to do with what side of the track your on?  Your the only one making that an issue.  You are getting on to them for not wanting to let go of the past!!  Right??  well it sounds like you need to let go of the past too!  
[/quote]

Nice statement ^ People in Nederland must not see it your/our way. Hopefully we can try again for some needed upgrades.
[/quote]I'd start with a new scoreboard. Oh wait, ya'll got one like two years ago. EPIC FAIL!

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="819286" timestamp="1279659065"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=71081.msg819205#msg819205 date=1279637334]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I hear ya there...  It took us losing a game to Lamar last year at Del Mar, because our field was too tore up for us to play on.  Since then, we have decided to get turf, a new track, a new score board and add another consession stand. (that's just the stuff that I know of for sure) Amazing what the loss of a home game (which we ended up losing) will do.  A couple calls to the Kruse brothers at Blue Bell and Blinn to see if they would like to join in....and walla!  Doesn't matter that we've needed it forever, untill that happened.  Now if only we had a few more seats in the place...  

Why y'all all mad bout the name? Don't worry it will be off soon cause after memorial beat the kittens from ozen and the cublettes from brook they gonna rename the stadium:"P.A. Memorial Titans Athletic Employment Facility". Slogan being:"Who from BMT wants work?"  :o

[quote name="scooter!" post="819316" timestamp="1279667269"]
Why y'all all mad bout the name? Don't worry it will be off soon cause after memorial beat the kittens from ozen and the cublettes from brook they gonna rename the stadium:"P.A. Memorial Titans Athletic Employment Facility". Slogan being:"Who from BMT wants work?"  :o
[/quote] ::) ::)

Guest Newbie
[/quote]
I want some of whatever it is you're smokin ! ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="819324" timestamp="1279668668"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=71081.msg819316#msg819316 date=1279667269]
[/quote]Awww don't be that way. At least we get to take all 9 lives from y'all on our brand new turf. Lol

[quote name="scooter!" post="819333" timestamp="1279672830"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=71081.msg819324#msg819324 date=1279668668]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=71081.msg819316#msg819316 date=1279667269]
[/quote]Awww don't be that way. At least we get to take all 9 lives from y'all on our brand new turf. Lol
[/quote]Hey, we ain't 'Heard' non of that!  (pun intended)  8) 8)

[/quote]Lmao, Go Titans ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833