How about those massive letters

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="JoesBros" post="818993" timestamp="1279544048"]
Those letters arent as big as the life size statue of Kerry Cooper we have when you walk in to the Setxsports building  ;D
[/quote]

I noticed the other day that the statue has been decapitated. I wonder who did that?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Bucof2010" post="818942" timestamp="1279503222"]
On the new "Carrol Butch Thomas Educational Support Center" I know some of you'll loved to see this  :D
[/quote]

I was wondering about the 'Educational Support Center" title. I would not believe it if I had not seen it with my own eyes.
Are there going to be some classrooms there also?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="bcjag10" post="818971" timestamp="1279512706"]
It could be worst. They could have put a Giant statue at the entrance  or a huge billdboard with his face on it for all the passbyers to see
[/quote]

I am sure its just a matter of time... Seems like BISD just [i]wants[/i] to be roundly disliked.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="819010" timestamp="1279549567"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=71081.msg818942#msg818942 date=1279503222]
On the new "Carrol Butch Thomas Educational Support Center" I know some of you'll loved to see this  :D
[/quote]

I was wondering about the 'Educational Support Center" title. I would not believe it if I had not seen it with my own eyes.
[/quote]

No, there will be a natatorium there as well.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="819010" timestamp="1279549567"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=71081.msg818942#msg818942 date=1279503222]
[/quote]

[/quote]No, BISD wants to make it sound like a sophisticated title. When in reality, IMO, it makes BISD look kinda ignorant. Bad choice for the stadium name. I would have been fine with BISD stadium.

The Richard E. Berry Center for Educational Assistance located in Cypress Texas aka The Berry Center.  I guess people would like the stadium's name better if it didn't have CBT's name on it....

[quote name="SFA85" post="819063" timestamp="1279569668"]
The Richard E. Berry Center for Educational Assistance located in Cypress Texas aka The Berry Center.  I guess people would like the stadium's name better if it didn't have CBT's name on it....
[/quote]Now what do ya'll have to say about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Guest GCMPats
If I am not mistaken, the Berry Center (as well as the M O Campbell Center in Aldine) actually hold Physical Education classes in the facility attached to the football stadium.

[quote name="SFA85" post="819063" timestamp="1279569668"]
The Richard E. Berry Center for Educational Assistance located in Cypress Texas aka The Berry Center.  I guess people would like the stadium's name better if it didn't have CBT's name on it....
[/quote]For once, SFA85, you are correct. I would like it much better if it was named differently. I feel like its a slap in the face, as a BISD taxpayer, to have the school board name it after a man who is still alive and running this ship. It's more commonplace to memorialize someone that has done great things in a community, after he has passed. I think it's bad karma on the part of the schoolboard to agree on the name that was selected. But oh well, I'm sure after we get a few wins in that stadium, I'll forget all about it. ;D

[quote name="GCMPats" post="819082" timestamp="1279578591"]
If I am not mistaken, the Berry Center (as well as the M O Campbell Center in Aldine) actually hold Physical Education classes in the facility attached to the football stadium.
[/quote]

Well the last time I was there(4A Semis between LaMarque and Schertz Clemons(sp), there wasn't anything sitting out there but the Berry Centre.  No other school, therefore, no other events besides football and basketball......

[quote name="bigdog" post="819102" timestamp="1279585468"]
A monument to one man's ego.  Thats it.
[/quote]

Well BD, since you live in a district with crumbling buildings, I wonder why you would fix your fingers to comment. 

Now for those inside the ropes of BISD, I bet y'all couldn't name the last 3 Supts with the aid of the Google machine.  CBT legacy will be the resoration of BISD's buildings both east and west of the freeway.....

Any other supt can't compare to CBT and deep within your twisted cerebellums, y'all know I'm right.......

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="SFA85" post="819115" timestamp="1279588854"]
Any other supt can't compare to CBT and deep within your twisted cerebellums, y'all know I'm right.......
[/quote]

I guess no one [i]could[/i] compare with running off more [i]productive[/i] people out of BISD than "Butch" has. And just think, he runs people off at the discount rate of just $1 Million, every 3 years or so. Yeah, BISD is the crown jewel of SETX.  ::)

(PS:  L.P., don't even try lecturing me about BISD knowledge. My Dad was from French, my Mom was from S.P.)   

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="819118" timestamp="1279589787"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=71081.msg819115#msg819115 date=1279588854]
[/quote]

I guess no one [i]could[/i] compare with running off more [i]productive[/i] people out of BISD than "Butch" has. And just think, he runs people off at the discount rate of just $1 Million, every 3 years or so. Yeah, BISD is the crown jewel of SETX.  ::)

(PS:  L.P., don't even try lecturing me about BISD knowledge. My Dad was from French, my Mom was from S.P.)   

[/quote]Have Butch  ever done you anything wrong personally?  What about anyone in BISD?  I just don't understand how people from out of town have so much hate for Dr. Thomas or anything BISD...

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="819143" timestamp="1279596942"]
Have Butch  ever done you anything wrong personally?  What about anyone in BISD?  [/quote]

Well, lets see. He tore down my Moms old HS with an "Ambush" demolition, then immeadiately built a multi-million dollar monument to himself out on I-10. And that was just in the last 12 months...  :P

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder