Laurence Williams Takes Evadale job

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Dont know anything about Coach Ls ( that is what the kids are calling him) coaching style, but as of right now all the kids seem to love him. He has steped into a great job, the Rebs look to be the fav. team in this Dist. and they should make some noise in the playoffs. As with the football team, they will have alot of Srs with alot of size. They will be able to put a intire 6' team on the floor if they wonted to. With a 6'7'' center two 6'3'' forwards and two 6'0 guards.

Coach Williams will do a great job at Evadale.His style will be dictated by the type players he has.Evadale looked good in the Kountze league this summer. I don't know who they have in their district so I can't say if they will win it or not.They have some pretty athletic players but I don't know if they will have the true basketball players to make a deep run.I didn't see anyone close to 6'7" for them this summer.

[quote name="whsalum" post="862217" timestamp="1285904194"]
Coach Williams will do a great job at Evadale.His style will be dictated by the type players he has.Evadale looked good in the Kountze league this summer. I don't know who they have in their district so I can't say if they will win it or not.They have some pretty athletic players but I don't know if they will have the true basketball players to make a deep run.I didn't see anyone [b]close to 6'7"[/b] for them this summer.
[/quote]

They have a '6"6 player now. He moved back to Evadale. Played summer league on HJ's team.

Coach Williams will do a great job at Evadale.His style will be dictated by the type players he has.Evadale looked good in the Kountze league this summer. I don't know who they have in their district so I can't say if they will win it or not.They have some pretty athletic players but I don't know if they will have the true basketball players to make a deep run.I didn't see anyone close to 6'7" for them this summer.
[/quote] Whsalum--------Same old dist 2 years ago except Spurger. BS EVD HD WH HI SP

[/quote]

Evadale should make the playoffs in this district with the departure of Spurger and SP graduating a lot of folks.Big Sandy will probably be the favorite.Evadale played an up tempo game this summer without the big kid and I know Coach Williams likes to play an up tempo game.I think the district will be down a little overall this season.

That's a catch 22 for the Rebs.The HJ tourney always has a very good overall field but can be tough on a teams confidence if they aren't real strong.I 've watched it for years and a lot of the clubs use it to find depth because they play a ton of games.They may see Big Sandy in the EC tourney because they are usually in that one.

[quote name="whsalum" post="865253" timestamp="1286152422"]
That's a catch 22 for the Rebs.The HJ tourney always has a very good overall field but can be tough on a teams confidence if they aren't real strong.I 've watched it for years and a lot of the clubs use it to find depth because they play a ton of games.They may see Big Sandy in the EC tourney because they are usually in that one.
[/quote] You are right there will be some real good teams in both tour. I think Evadale will go in thinking that if they play well in these games that will be as good as a win against weeker teams. I think that there 2,3,4,5, players are as good as any around, just hope that there 1 guard comes around. He sat out last year so he  is a little behind. I also think that no one will have as big of a team as them.

[quote name="True Blue" post="865506" timestamp="1286201796"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=70912.msg865253#msg865253 date=1286152422]
[/quote] You are right there will be some real good teams in both tour. I think Evadale will go in thinking that if they play well in these games that will be as good as a win against weeker teams. I think that there 2,3,4,5, players are as good as any around, just hope that there 1 guard comes around. He sat out last year so he  is a little behind. I also think that no one will have as big of a team as them.
[/quote]

As good as any around in 1A or in all levels?

Well I cant talk about teams that I have not seen , so I will have to say they are as good as any in 1a and 2a. clubs. Sislbee and HJ will have a little edge on their 2 guard and 3 small forward, But I think their 4 and 5 can play head up with both clubs. I hope to see these clubs go head up in one of the tour.

[quote name="True Blue" post="865862" timestamp="1286232322"]
Well I cant talk about teams that I have not seen , so I will have to say they are as good as any in 1a and 2a. clubs. Sislbee and HJ will have a little edge on their 2 guard and 3 small forward, But I think their 4 and 5 can play head up with both clubs. I hope to see these clubs go head up in one of the tour.
[/quote]

How can the Evadale 5 man go to head to head with the HJ 5 man when the Evadale 5 man never played for HJ during summer ball?????  Just sayin!!! ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="865881" timestamp="1286234075"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=70912.msg865862#msg865862 date=1286232322]
[/quote]

How can the Evadale 5 man go to head to head with the HJ 5 man when the Evadale 5 man never played for HJ during summer ball?????  Just sayin!!! ::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]Well that goes to show how much you watched HJ play this summer He played in evergame that he was not at camps. But if they happen to in up in the same draw as HJ they will prob. get beat, but it wont be bacause of there 5 man. If you think that your football player can out play him you are a fool. He was all tourment at the HJ Tour. last year when your 5 football player was on JV.

[quote name="True Blue" post="865904" timestamp="1286235390"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=70912.msg865881#msg865881 date=1286234075]
[/quote]

How can the Evadale 5 man go to head to head with the HJ 5 man when the Evadale 5 man never played for HJ during summer ball?????  Just sayin!!! ::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]Well that goes to show how much you watched HJ play this summer He played in evergame that he was not at camps. But if they happen to in up in the same draw as HJ they will prob. get beat, but it wont be bacause of there 5 man. [size=12pt][color=red]If you think that there football player can out play him you are a fool. He was all tourment at HJ last when your 5 was on JV.[/color][/size]
[/quote][IMG]http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr337/GeorgeKaye1/Stop.jpg[/img]
[size=12pt][color=red]He is Not better then Persohn or Anderson[/color][/size]

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="865938" timestamp="1286237317"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=70912.msg865904#msg865904 date=1286235390]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=70912.msg865881#msg865881 date=1286234075]
[/quote]

[/quote]Well that goes to show how much you watched HJ play this summer He played in evergame that he was not at camps. But if they happen to in up in the same draw as HJ they will prob. get beat, but it wont be bacause of there 5 man. [size=12pt][color=red]If you think that there football player can out play him you are a fool. He was all tourment at HJ last when your 5 was on JV.[/color][/size]
[/quote][IMG]http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr337/GeorgeKaye1/Stop.jpg[/img]
[size=12pt][color=red]He is Not better then Persohn or Anderson[/color][/size]
[/quote]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Agreed!!!!

[quote name="True Blue" post="865986" timestamp="1286239765"]
You can talk your crap all you wont, but look at his stats from last year. You cant your 5 was on JV so there is no # for him. But I just hope that they get to go against each other this year and we will see then.
[/quote]Lets compare their Playoff stats...Opps You Can't, they were playing in them while u and urs was being a fan of theirs ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83