MLB Draft

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="809926" timestamp="1275933217"]
I see Harper got tossed against San Jac at world series then suspended for duration will still go first. Felts might go for the hs kids.
[/quote]
Harper will definitely be the 1st pick but apparently still has some growing up to do.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/draft/2010-06-06-bryce-harper-cover_N.htm

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="809926" timestamp="1275933217"]
I see Harper got tossed against San Jac at world series then suspended for duration will still go first. Felts might go for the hs kids.
[/quote]

Look for Felts to go in the 3rd or 4th round.

I really think (hope) he'll play for UT next year.

Barbe HS has a couple of young men that could see the 2nd or 3rd round. Garin Cecchini was a legit 1st or 2nd round pick until he got injured this season and Homy Rosado has had some excellent workouts with the major league clubs.

La Porte's Kendrick Perkins is also expected to go in the early rounds.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="809933" timestamp="1275935499"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=70344.msg809926#msg809926 date=1275933217]
[/quote]

Barbe HS has a couple of young men that sould see the 2nd or 3rd round. Garin Cecchini was a legit 1st or 2nd round pick until he got injured this season and Homy Rosado has had some excellent workouts with the major league clubs.

[/quote]
A mock draft I saw yesterday had Felts going in the 3rd.  I didn't think he would go that high, but if he does, he might have to consider going.  Although I too think he will still go to UT next year.

[quote name="justafan2" post="809936" timestamp="1275935680"]
Could be later rounds on Tuesday or early Wednesday.  Signability will be an issue as his strong commitment to UT will scare some teams off.
[/quote]
I agree!!

[quote name="Cat22" post="809937" timestamp="1275935700"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=70344.msg809933#msg809933 date=1275935499]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=70344.msg809926#msg809926 date=1275933217]
[/quote]

Barbe HS has a couple of young men that sould see the 2nd or 3rd round. Garin Cecchini was a legit 1st or 2nd round pick until he got injured this season and Homy Rosado has had some excellent workouts with the major league clubs.

[/quote]
A mock draft I saw yesterday had Felts going in the 3rd.  I didn't think he would go that high, but if he does, he might have to consider going.  Although I too think he will still go to UT next year.
[/quote]

Could be later rounds on Tuesday or early Wednesday.  Signability will be an issue as his strong commitment to UT will scare some teams off.

Tallion from The Woodlands should be top 5 pick. I don't see Felts going as high as 3rd or 4th...because of college commitment(sp). Based on personal experience, I think I'd sign if picked in the top 5 rounds. JMO. Bellow and Hester are prospects. Again, signability issues come into play. Simms from College park is another.

[quote name="AJ25" post="810120" timestamp="1275977477"]
Few local juco guys should be going.

Ryan Gunhouse - Houston area
Albert DD Lot - Ozen
Kenny Allison - Central
Matison Smith - Nederland

Just a few people to look for.
[/quote]

Several Angelina players could go today or tomorrow. Most likely in the later rounds.

Ryan Gunhouse ( Clear Creek ) freshman
Grant Clyde ( Atascocita) (sp)  freshman
Kenny Allison ( B. Central ) ( Grambling ? )
Kendall Thamm ( Barbers Hill ) (Louisiana-Monroe)
D.D Lott ( B. Ozen ) ( Lamar )
John Tatum ( Lufkin) ( McNeese St. )
Chase Greenig ( Lufkin ) freshman
Greg Garcia ( Pfugerville ? ) ( Ark-Little Rock)

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="810190" timestamp="1276009237"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=70344.msg810120#msg810120 date=1275977477]

Albert DD Lot - Ozen
Kenny Allison - Central

[/quote]

Several Angelina players could go today or tomorrow. Most likely in the later rounds.

Grant Clyde ( Atascocita) (sp)  freshman

[/quote]

Completely forgot about those guys. And Allison signed with SFA I believe.

Guest GCMPats
Cameron Rupp, Catcher, University of Texas (nephew of GCM Head Baseball Coach Chris Rupp) was selected by the Phillies at the 108 pick in the draft.

Garrin Cecchini, Barbe HS, (SE Texas SUndevils) was selected by the Boston Red Sox at the 143 pick.

Congrats to Tim and the whole Ferguson family, seems as if a lot of HS boys went early, more than 1/2 the first round. Did Felts stock fall in the last cpl of weeks, was he projected to go early or where did you get the info on going in the 3rd or 4th rnd, have seen some players drop way back due to a cpl of bad outings....

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="810190" timestamp="1276009237"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=70344.msg810120#msg810120 date=1275977477]

Albert DD Lot - Ozen
Kenny Allison - Central

[/quote]

Grant Clyde ( Atascocita) (sp)  freshman

[/quote]Eagle if Angelina had that many prospects why wern't they in Grand Junction playing ball last week??

[quote name="643" post="810393" timestamp="1276035361"]
Congrats to Tim and the whole Ferguson family, seems as if a lot of HS boys went early, more than 1/2 the first round. Did Felts stock fall in the last cpl of weeks, was he projected to go early or where did you get the info on going in the 3rd or 4th rnd....
[/quote]

Not sure where the 3rd or 4th round info came from.  Don't think that was ever really a possibility.  Signability was always the issue, strong commitment to UT.  

I havn't followed the draft in a few yrs and have heard they have changed some rules, it used to be in a players advanage to sign with both a D1 and Juco so you would have an option just in case...heres the link to a live feed http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2010/draftcaster.jsp

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298