Czerwonka out. Butler in to pitch.
Thompson  - KL
Lyday        - RBI Single
Bonnin      - KL
Leggett     - KL

GCM  4    BH  2

[quote name="RIP09" post="797194" timestamp="1272877503"]
[quote author=Do Work link=topic=69286.msg797091#msg797091 date=1272845793]
With czerwonka on the mound i go with gcm 4 to 2. [b]Pats too talented to let this one slip away[/b]
[/quote]

Either they're not as talented as you think or they've got other issues. This is a team that many thought would compete for the district title. Didn't come close. They do have some talented players but something is missing? ???  They've let 7 of 'em slip away in district so far this year. Nothing wrong with letting one more get away! ;D ;D
[/quote]

I was talking about between the two teams gcm was more talented as we clearly saw tonight
Dont you just love it when you predict the exact score!!!  ;D ;D

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="797536" timestamp="1272939321"]
[quote author=silly365 link=topic=69286.msg797534#msg797534 date=1272939174]
how  in the world could you leave at that time ??
[/quote]

he hasn't left, he's peeking through the outfield fence.
[/quote]

Sorry, I meant Czerwonka just left.

I was doing way too much multi-tasking. Keeping book, scoreboard and texting.

[quote name="Do Work" post="797571" timestamp="1272942271"]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=69286.msg797194#msg797194 date=1272877503]
With czerwonka on the mound i go with gcm 4 to 2. [b]Pats too talented to let this one slip away[/b]
[/quote]

Either they're not as talented as you think or they've got other issues. This is a team that many thought would compete for the district title. Didn't come close. They do have some talented players but something is missing? ???  They've let 7 of 'em slip away in district so far this year. Nothing wrong with letting one more get away! ;D ;D
[/quote]

I was talking about between the two teams gcm was more talented as we clearly saw tonight
[/quote]

Clearly a battle of he cellar dwellers
congrats to GCM you made the playoffs enjoy it early in the week
It will be a bloodbath at Bi-District

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="mustang32" post="797578" timestamp="1272943770"]
[quote author=Do Work link=topic=69286.msg797571#msg797571 date=1272942271]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=69286.msg797194#msg797194 date=1272877503]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Clearly a battle of he cellar dwellers
congrats to GCM you made the playoffs enjoy it early in the week
It will be a bloodbath at Bi-District

[/quote]

Clearly.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="silly365" post="797583" timestamp="1272944712"]
congrats to gcm on making the playoffs-cant wait till thursday !! your gonna love the dog-pound
[/quote]

Can't wait. This is why these kids do what they do. We're gonna roll the dice and see what happens.

It'll be nice to see some old friends and expericence the best SETexas has to offer.

Rocky, it's Scrapper Sunday and watch the double move! ;D

Guest GCMPats
[size=14pt]Pats clinch 1st playoff berth [/size]

By Robert Chambliss
Correspondent
Published May 4, 2010

A two-run double by Dalton Going in the first inning gave the Goose Creek Memorial Patriots the lead they needed Monday night and from there, they were able to hold off the Barbers Hill Eagles, 4-2.

The win in the fourth-place tiebreaker game at Sterling High School clinched the first-ever playoff berth for the Patriots, a feat they fell short on by one game last year.

This year however, they jumped out early and strong against the Eagles to ensure themselves a trip to the post-season.

After Going’s two-RBI hit, Price Jacobs followed up with a solo home run in the third inning.

Jacobs and Going were the leading batters on the night, along with the pitcher Chance Czerwonka.

Jacobs was 2-for-3 with a home run and an RBI while Going was 1-for-2 with two RBIs and two walks. Czerwonka added a 1-for-3 night at the plate, while also pitching six innings.

The Patriots may have suffered a long-term loss though in the third inning when returning newcomer-of-the-year Brandon Rhoden suffered a severe cut to his left pinky finger.

Rhoden continued to play the game, but Patriots’ medical staff believe that Rhoden will need stitches.

The Eagles were almost silent offensively racking up only six hits off of Czerwonka, averaging one hit per inning.

Kody Thompson however, did get a home run in the bottom of the third inning for the first of two Eagles runs.

Their final run came in the bottom of the seventh when Tyler Lyday got an RBI single.

The loss ends a 10-year playoff streak for the Eagles under coach Gil Stalbaum.

The Eagles finish the year with a 15-13 record.

The Patriots improve their record to 17-11 on the season, with their run continuing in bidistrict later this week against the Nederland Bulldogs.

“Our kids have overcome a lot of adversity this season and I have never been more proud of them,” Patriots coach Chris Rupp said. “Chance Czerwonka pitched a great game and our team did a good job backing him up.”

Final arrangements are yet to be made for the matchup between the No. 4 seed Patriots versus the No. 1 seed Bulldogs

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="mustang32" post="796767" timestamp="1272748716"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=69286.msg796670#msg796670 date=1272726512]
[quote author=lowandaway link=topic=69286.msg796663#msg796663 date=1272725693]
Come on KP whinner, BH has won more playoff games than KP and GCM has played regular season games...combined...talk trash in about 45 years....oh wait, we will still have 45 years on ya! ;D
[/quote]

What have you done lately?

Lose to Kingwood Park much? They should own the Deed of Trust to that salt dome town by now.
[/quote]

Bottom line GCM new battle cry wait till next year

BH 4  GCM 2
[/quote]

Oh! So close!

Wait 'til next year.

Whew...finally made it home.  Long drive from Baytown area.  Good game to watch.  Nederland can't be too confident though, GCM can have a lot of success.  That 4th place finish is deceiving. 

If Rupp will keep his composure, his team will go further than many expected.  But, the captain of the ship needs to be more in control...this isn't college where you can throw tantrums and get away with that behavior.  AD Boyd surely isn't proud of that representation.

I'm glad I made the trip even though I'm exhausted.

Good job from our boys at Barbers hill. Good ballgame to watch. Lefty that came in at the end for GCM was tuff. Yes don't understand why HR leader is batting in 2 hole and one of the boys in the field is not in the lineup for GCM. Played with some of these guys in fall. Good luck to all the seniors at BH its been fun.

Okay .... The fact is that the Hill scared the "?*#@" of the Patriots players and fans in the bottom of the 7th inning.  The umpires came through for GCM too, but the fact remains that we got beat and I for one am going to hope that the team that beat us, goes pretty far in the playoffs .....  GOOD LUCK Goose Creek Memorial .... I, for one, am pulling for y'all !!

Drove to Baytown last night from Mid County to watch the game...The worst home plate umpire I have every seen  :o I had to get that out of the way..The eagles had sevral oppertunities on the bases I thought..( no sac bunts but a bunt in the 7th when you are down 3) .Both teams pitched ok..I thought the Pats were the better team ....Hey GCM PATS I looked for u last night ..I am pretty sure I will see you Thurs....Trevin asked how Price did ..My reply was the same old Price..Congrats and good luck Pats ...see ya at the pound  ;D

[quote name="GCMPats" post="797584" timestamp="1272945051"]
[quote author=silly365 link=topic=69286.msg797583#msg797583 date=1272944712]
congrats to gcm on making the playoffs-cant wait till thursday !! your gonna love the dog-pound
[/quote]

Can't wait. This is why these kids do what they do. We're gonna roll the dice and see what happens.

It'll be nice to see some old friends and expericence the best SETexas has to offer.

Rocky, it's Scrapper Sunday and watch the double move! ;D
[/quote]
Congrats to GCM..... Cant wait to see Price and all the Jacobs at Nederland! Go Scrappers!

[quote name="BaseBow" post="797615" timestamp="1272971642"]
Drove to Baytown last night from Mid County to watch the game...The worst home plate umpire I have every seen  :o I had to get that out of the way..The eagles had sevral oppertunities on the bases I thought[b]..( no sac bunts but a bunt in the 7th when you are down 3) [/b] .Both teams pitched ok..I thought the Pats were the better team ....Hey GCM PATS I looked for u last night ..I am pretty sure I will see you Thurs....Trevin asked how Price did ..My reply was the same old Price..Congrats and good luck Pats ...see ya at the pound  ;D
[/quote]

Yes, we need to work on playing small-ball.  We have been swinging for the fences for so long we forgot how to win without a div-1 pitcher.  It bites us every year.

Congrats to GCM on their first playoff appearance.  Now go spank Nederland and send them home dancing like one of those light-shoed Indians form PNG.  ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="797619" timestamp="1272974422"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=69286.msg797615#msg797615 date=1272971642]
Drove to Baytown last night from Mid County to watch the game...The worst home plate umpire I have every seen  :o I had to get that out of the way..The eagles had sevral oppertunities on the bases I thought[b]..( no sac bunts but a bunt in the 7th when you are down 3) [/b] .Both teams pitched ok..I thought the Pats were the better team ....Hey GCM PATS I looked for u last night ..I am pretty sure I will see you Thurs....Trevin asked how Price did ..My reply was the same old Price..Congrats and good luck Pats ...see ya at the pound  ;D
[/quote]

Yes, we need to work on playing small-ball.  We have been swinging for the fences for so long we forgot how to win without a div-1 pitcher.  It bites us every year.

Congrats to GCM on their first playoff appearance.  Now go spank Nederland and send them home dancing like one of those light-shoed Indians form PNG.  ;D
[/quote]Easy big daddy :P

Guest GCMPats
I really thought BH would squeeze with no outs and bases loaded. But, they were in the heart of their order and felt they could scratch out those runs with the guys they had at the plate.

I have a question for those "umpires" out there. When you set up behind the catcher, are you supposed to be directly behind him or "peeking" over the shoulder? That guy would set up so far to the batter's side (right or left) that there is no way he could see the outter half of the plate. Most of those outside called strikes (and missed called strikes) had to be guesses.

Really do not think the last pitch was a called strike, I think he called him out on the check swing.

This has been one roller coaster of a year. Really thought we'd battle for #1, but this is a good start. To have a chance, you have to be in the race.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83