• Bridge City
    • Hamshire-Fannett
    • Hardin Jefferson
    • Orangefield
    • Silsbee
    • West Orange-Stark

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="872263" timestamp="1286818758"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=69162.msg872171#msg872171 date=1286814079]
It was agreed on from the beginning that basketball would get two days a week during volleyball season for any [b]girls coordinator[/b] that came to OF. 
[/quote]

Is that what they call them at Orangefield, coordinators, not coaches?

I am with Bleed, if you have volleyball players that play basketball, they should concentrate on the sport at hand which is currently volleyball.

When basketball starts, then just basketball.

Dang Aggie, I just love it when we agree!!!Wouldn't you think girls coordinators are suppose to help all teh girls programs and not just his......
[/quote]

Aggie, I just love it when you and I agree!!!!  I always thought a girls coordinator was suppose to support all the girls programs and not just the one he/she coached....

Bleed, the girls don't even get to touch a volleyball during athletics now, what makes you think they get to touch it 1 day a week during basketball.....I think what you are talking about is the girls that want to work on their volleyball skills on a day that doesn't involve a school practice/game....If a kid wants to work on his or her other multiple sports on a Saturday/Sunday or 7pm at night, why is that anyone elses business other than the Parents that are paying for it??  And Rizon, glad to see you support as well.....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="tjcfan08" post="872745" timestamp="1286850033"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=69162.msg872263#msg872263 date=1286818758]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=69162.msg872171#msg872171 date=1286814079]
It was agreed on from the beginning that basketball would get two days a week during volleyball season for any [b]girls coordinator[/b] that came to OF. 
[/quote]

Is that what they call them at Orangefield, coordinators, not coaches?

I am with Bleed, if you have volleyball players that play basketball, they should concentrate on the sport at hand which is currently volleyball.

When basketball starts, then just basketball.

Dang Aggie, I just love it when we agree!!!Wouldn't you think girls coordinators are suppose to help all teh girls programs and not just his......
[/quote]

Aggie, I just love it when you and I agree!!!!  I always thought a girls coordinator was suppose to support all the girls programs and not just the one he/she coached....

Bleed, the girls don't even get to touch a volleyball during athletics now, what makes you think they get to touch it 1 day a week during basketball.....I think what you are talking about is the girls that want to work on their volleyball skills on a day that doesn't involve a school practice/game....If a kid wants to work on his or her other multiple sports on a Saturday/Sunday or 7pm at night, why is that anyone elses business other than the Parents that are paying for it??  And Rizon, glad to see you support as well.....
[/quote]

Actually my post was talking about the weekends. Still disagree, no basketball during volleyball season and no volleyball during basketball season. Plain and simple. Parents, well don't get me started on them.  ;D ;D

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="872783" timestamp="1286851989"]
Athletic period is 50 mins long.  ::)
[/quote]

So does that mean it is OK to practice one sport while another sport is in season? 50 minutes are not, there is a volleyball season and a basketball season. Football players do not play basketball during football seaon. Why should it be any different for the girls? Just asking?

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="872794" timestamp="1286852874"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=69162.msg872783#msg872783 date=1286851989]
[/quote]

What does that mean???  :o
[/quote]

It means exactly what it says.  The period is 50mins long if you're still confused ask AAW, but when you try to send him a message make sure you don't send it to the person you're talking about.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="872799" timestamp="1286853423"]
[/quote]

So does that mean it is OK to practice one sport while another sport is in season? 50 minutes are not, there is a volleyball season and a basketball season. Football players do not play basketball during football seaon. Why should it be any different for the girls? Just asking?
[/quote]

Volleyball has weeks before school even starts to practice, basketball overlaps volleyball, so if you're not doing anything basketball related you're just going to be that much futher behind.  I don't think two days a week 50 mins at a time is what's hurting Orangefield's volleyball team. 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="872802" timestamp="1286853707"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69162.msg872799#msg872799 date=1286853423]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Volleyball has weeks before school even starts to practice, basketball overlaps volleyball, so if you're not doing anything basketball related you're just going to be that much futher behind.  I don't think two days a week 50 mins at a time is what's hurting Orangefield's volleyball team. 
[/quote]

I don't think that is what is hurting volleyball either but that is not the subject at hand. But that could be a problem in the future. I am basketball no doubt but I want the Orangefield girls to be good at everything but not at the expense of another sport. Plain and simple. Play the sport in season.

Volleyball is before basketball so no that wouldn't really make sense...Do you think it is a good idea to just go into basketball season without having any kind of practice?  Even if it's only twice a week for 50 mins each time, I think it helps keep the rust off.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="872831" timestamp="1286856359"]
Volleyball is before basketball so no that wouldn't really make sense...Do you think it is a good idea to just go into basketball season without having any kind of practice?  Even if it's only twice a week for 50 mins each time, I think it helps keep the rust off.
[/quote]

They don't think that way on the boys side. It should be the same for the boys and the girls. Rust, don't worry about that no matter how much you practice the "RUST" will always be there in some shape or form. Yes, I do think it is OK to go into a season without any practice. Who cares about preseason. Wins and Losses are only counted by parents. District losses are counted by coaches.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="872800" timestamp="1286853464"]
[quote author=tjcfan08 link=topic=69162.msg872794#msg872794 date=1286852874]
[/quote]

What does that mean???  :o
[/quote]

It means exactly what it says.  The period is 50mins long if you're still [b]confused ask AAW, but when you try to send him a message make sure you don't send it to the person you're talking about. [/b] [/quote]

Huh???

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="872802" timestamp="1286853707"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69162.msg872799#msg872799 date=1286853423]
Athletic period is 50 mins long.  ::)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Volleyball has weeks before school even starts to practice, basketball overlaps volleyball, so if you're not doing anything basketball related you're just going to be that much futher behind.  I don't think two days a week 50 mins at a time is what's hurting Orangefield's volleyball team.  
[/quote]

Volleyball had exactly 6 practice days (two of which were devoted to scrimmages) before the start of their season....how that translates into WEEKS, I have no idea.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="872850" timestamp="1286858056"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=69162.msg872831#msg872831 date=1286856359]
[/quote]

They don't think that way on the boys side. It should be the same for the boys and the girls. Rust, don't worry about that no matter how much you practice the "RUST" will always be there in some shape or form. Yes, I do think it is OK to go into a season without any practice. Who cares about preseason. Wins and Losses are only counted by parents. District losses are counted by coaches.
[/quote]

Sorry to weigh in on 21-3A, but I gotta agree with Bleed.  if you decide to be multi-sport, then stick with the official program you're in.  If you are dedicated to moving on in a different sport than the one in season, you can find some "unofficial" time to stay sharp.

Funny though, how much easier it is to find a pick-up basketball game in the off-season than a pick-up volleyball game LOL.

This is some of the same "stuff" that has been going on at OF.
Why are the girls treated diffrently then boys. Boys playing football and basketball
surely are not just practicing basketball now are they?

I watched a very talented OF 8th grade Volleyball team play WOS last night and
get beat pretty badly and I know the girls are doing nothing right
now other than practicing basketball and running track (conditioning).

Tell me why?........half way through district and we have stoped practicing volleyball????

Are we not getting 8th graders ready for high school at OF????

Are the boys not practicing football in the 8th grade now?.....I Dont think so!!!

Same song diffrent verse......and I am to believe all kids boys and girls are treated equally????

Tell it to some one that does not know better....

[quote name="YG2009" post="873053" timestamp="1286897828"]
Why are the girls treated diffrently then boys. Boys playing football and basketball

Tell me why?........half way through district and we have stoped practicing volleyball????

Are the boys not practicing football in the 8th grade now?.....I Dont think so!!!

Same song diffrent verse......and I am to believe all kids boys and girls are treated equally????

[/quote]

I can't even respond to this, wow..... >:( >:(

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="hjhawks" post="873215" timestamp="1286910424"]
It wouldn't be right if I didn't stir the pot a little.... ;D.....  I think HF, OF, SILSBEE, WOS and BC should all concentrate on softball, volleyball and track during basketball season.  It only helps to make the athlete well rounded.... haha
[/quote]

You would say that. :D :D

[quote name="YG2009" post="873053" timestamp="1286897828"]

[/quote]

Forgive me sir, but your new found concern of the focus being on volleyball during volleyball season rings a little hollow to me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder