19-4A Final Stretch

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="795164" timestamp="1272333864"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=68918.msg795159#msg795159 date=1272333427]
None! 1-3 are KP, Crosby and GP. Do not know what order. 4th is GCM's with a win at KP friday. A loss by GCM sets up 1 game playoff with BH for 4th.
[/quote]

Who are the coaches at KP and GCM?
[/quote]

KP- Thames
GCM- Rupp

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I see it playing out.  KPark will beat GCM this Friday and sew up the district title.  GP will beat Crosby taking the #2 seed.  Crosby will be the #3 seed and GCM #4.  Crosby plays in a one game playoff with either Vidor or PNG because lately the cougars are too inconsistent to play 2 or 3 games at a high level.  Just my 2 cents.

[quote name="The best game" post="795241" timestamp="1272373795"]
This is how I see it playing out.  KPark will beat GCM this Friday and sew up the district title.  GP will beat Crosby taking the #2 seed.  Crosby will be the #3 seed and GCM #4.  Crosby plays in a one game playoff with either Vidor or PNG because lately the cougars are too inconsistent to play 2 or 3 games at a high level.  Just my 2 cents.
[/quote]

If KP beats GCM then the #4 spot will be determined with a playoff game on Saturday between BH and GCM.  I am guessing that it would be played at BH due to Runs Scored/Allowed in the two regular season games, since we split.

Guest GCMPats
I'm guessing it would be at aneutral site. Do not know what the district has in place. 
Not going to count out GCM friday night either.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="The best game" post="795328" timestamp="1272389210"]
But this is what I hope happens,  GCM beats KPark,  Crosby beats GP, the Hill is out and then you need to sort the top three spots.
[/quote]

I could live with that.

KP 1st, GP 2nd, Crosby 3rd, GCM probaly 4th. Like to see BH get in though. KP looks strong across the board, should make a good run in the playoffs. GP has the sticks to make a good run in the playoffs. Crosby could go out first round. GCM may make it to the 2nd round. Based on what i've seen this year.

Guest GCMPats
If BH and GCM have a playoff, all decisions about the game not agreed upon by the coaches will be decided by a coin flip.

No consideration is given to runs scored, etc...

[quote name="TXSPIKE" post="795504" timestamp="1272416812"]
KP 1st, GP 2nd, Crosby 3rd, GCM probaly 4th. Like to see BH get in though. KP looks strong across the board, should make a good run in the playoffs. GP has the sticks to make a good run in the playoffs. Crosby could go out first round. GCM may make it to the 2nd round. Based on what i've seen this year.

[/quote]maybe. who knows....GCM could beat KP....there backs are up against the wall...That would put Crosby back in the 1 again... I just don't see GP beating Crosby with Gabby on the mound... but it is better to be in the 3rd in the 4A bracket... Vidor and PNG are about the same.. Vidor has a better Pitcher and PNG hits the ball better. the 2nd place of 19 4A will have to face Brenham the second round if they get past Vidor.

Guest rambleonus
Which backs are against the wall? KP or GCM. I think GCM is under pressure and the team to beat. After KP wins Friday I would love to see the BH-GCM game to decide the 4th spot. Talk bout "presuure"!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rambleonus" post="795636" timestamp="1272475826"]
Which backs are against the wall? KP or GCM. I think GCM is under pressure and the team to beat. After KP wins Friday I would love to see the BH-GCM game to decide the 4th spot. Talk bout "presuure"!
[/quote]

We ain't got no stinkin' pressure!

BH would be happy just to get there as the # 4.  Either GCM or BH will face Nederland, the #1 pitcher is headed to Texas and the # 2 pitcher is 10-0.   I do  not see either of these teams (GCM, BH)getting to the second round.  Would love to see it, but have to stay realistic.  What would BH or GCM want, a 1 game or best of 3 games vs. Nederland ?  I would say a 1 game and hope for the game of your life.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BH0088" post="795639" timestamp="1272476196"]
  BH would be happy just to get there as the # 4.  Either GCM or BH will face Nederland, the #1 pitcher is headed to Texas and the # 2 pitcher is 10-0.   I do  not see either of these teams (GCM, BH)getting to the second round.  Would love to see it, but have to stay realistic.  What would BH or GCM want, a 1 game or best of 3 games vs. Nederland ?  I would say a 1 game and hope for the game of your life.
[/quote]

Best of three I would think for the Goose. Butler and Czerwonka can match-up with anyone.

Besides, we know all of Kirby's secrets. ;D

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Whereisthelove?" post="795646" timestamp="1272476772"]
your not doing a best of 3 with nederland and competing. they're too deep....best bet is for a 1 game series and hope for your best game against nederland's not best game
[/quote]

Nope. Best of three. 19-4A ain't skeered.

I know every team is beatable but Nederland is a roll, but in a one gamer if that team just has a off day, and the underdog has a good one, thats it. In a best of 3, it is just tough to go against that pitching they have.  BH has Long and Leggett now for a 1, 2 punch and Long coming back and the line up is starting to hit again.  I still think that both GCM and BH have a better chance vs. Nederland in a 1 gamer.  Just my opinion

[quote name="BH0088" post="795650" timestamp="1272477098"]

I know every team is beatable but Nederland is a roll, but in a one gamer if that team just has a off day, and the underdog has a good one, thats it. In a best of 3, it is just tough to go against that pitching they have.  BH has Long and Leggett now for a 1, 2 punch and Long coming back and the line up is starting to hit again.  I still think that both GCM and BH have a better chance vs. Nederland in a 1 gamer.  Just my opinion
[/quote]

agreed. thats the point i was trying to make

[quote name="bh89-2" post="795677" timestamp="1272484720"]
They should do away with the one-gamer.  Not at all represenative of a team effort.
[/quote]

I agree...my sr year we lost in a one game series when we were clearly the better team and had a deep deep staff....one bad game and it was over.....that team rode their one pitcher all the way to state playing one game series, then got to state and ran out of pitching and got smoked....that isnt right

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder