Baseball Tonight

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="Boomhower" post="820879" timestamp="1280222075"]
Think we might see total record of (7) in 1991 no hitters in a season broken this year. We are at 5 credited plus the Galaragga mess makes 6 in my mind. And quite a few taken very deep into games. Good to see pitching making a comeback!
[/quote]

There was an excellent article in Sports Ill a few issues ago about the year of the pitcher. Very good read. 

I know this was a couple nights ago, but did anyone see Carlos Gonzalez's cycle against the Cubs?  He hit a walkoff home run on the first pitch to the upper deck in the bottom of the 9th to complete the cycle.  I was watching it live on WGN and jumped out of my seat when it happened  (Carlos Gonzalez is on 2 of my fantasy teams, lol).  I just heard though that he is the first lefty in MLB HISTORY to get all 4 hits for the cycle off lefty pitchers.  This guy probably shouldve been an all star and is a superstar in the making.  Just wondering if anyone noticed this over the weekend.

[quote name="beeninnikes" post="822585" timestamp="1280786546"]
I know this was a couple nights ago, but did anyone see Carlos Gonzalez's cycle against the Cubs?  He hit a walkoff home run on the first pitch to the upper deck in the bottom of the 9th to complete the cycle.  I was watching it live on WGN and jumped out of my seat when it happened  (Carlos Gonzalez is on 2 of my fantasy teams, lol).  I just heard though that he is the first lefty in MLB HISTORY to get all 4 hits for the cycle off lefty pitchers.  This guy probably shouldve been an all star and is a superstar in the making.  Just wondering if anyone noticed this over the weekend.
[/quote]

caught it on the highlights, good stuff on the details beeninnikes.

[quote name="OldSkool97" post="823021" timestamp="1280973125"]
Whats your opinion on why is HR total is as low as it is right now? Also do you think he will pick it up a bit now after getting number 600?
[/quote]

he'll pick it up.  if i'm not mistaken, he was stuck on 499 for a really long time as well...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder