OF at BC Friday with 1st place on the line

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finally get to see some playoff atmosphere 21 3A baseball this Friday. Welcome to the real world. The winner should definately move up along with Carthage. I still have to go with Hicks and Co. ( good pitching.......). Should be a good game and wish it was televised along with the next Nederland/ Vidor game.

I watched both teams ..I think it is going to be a good one .. But O/F takes this one ...O/F has alot more hitting this year than in the past couple of years...It also hurts not having Kellog over in B/C..It could go either way ...I wish I could be there but I "gotta" watch them dogs..Good Luck to both teams ..Both teams "R" full of great young men..

[quote name="bkatdog" post="787563" timestamp="1270727498"]
We finally get to see some playoff atmosphere 21 3A baseball this Friday. Welcome to the real world. The winner should definately move up along with Carthage. I still have to go with Hicks and Co. ( good pitching.......). Should be a good game and wish it was televised along with the next Nederland/ Vidor game.
[/quote]

I think we got to see some playoff atmosphere baseball when WOS played OF.

I have seen both teams play and think it will be close. From the games I have seen it seems like BC hits a little better. Catching obviously goes to OF. Pitching goes to BC and a slight edge in over all defense to BC. I'm taking BC in a close one. This is just my opinion. This is a game I wish I could attend. Good luck to both teams.

Picking BC in this one is sort of like picking Tiger against Mickelson - anything could happen but, dang, its Tiger!  How do you pick against him?  That's how I feel about Hicks.  How do you pick against him?  I would take BC with him on the mound against anyone in the area.  If he doesn't get careless while ahead in the count against OF's two best hitters, he should shut them down.  I am partial being from BC but I know and like many of the OF guys also.  I hope it is a great game with good sportsmanship - from players and fans.  Appreciate it for what it is - one for the ages!  Good luck to both teams and GO BIG RED! ;D

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BC28in80" post="787775" timestamp="1270762909"]
Picking BC in this one is sort of like picking Tiger against Mickelson - anything could happen but, dang, its Tiger!  How do you pick against him?  That's how I feel about Hicks.  How do you pick against him?  I would take BC with him on the mound against anyone in the area.  If he doesn't get careless while ahead in the count against OF's two best hitters, he should shut them down.  I am partial being from BC but I know and like many of the OF guys also.  I hope it is a great game with good sportsmanship - from players and fans.  Appreciate it for what it is - one for the ages!  Good luck to both teams and GO BIG RED! ;D
[/quote]

Good post. While the rilvary is intense. There is a mutual respect between the kids and also in the communities.  Largely in part because our kids play together in the youth sports. They create friendships. For the most part sportmanship has always been part of the matchups between the two teams. Now when BC and LCM was in the same district it was a different story. While our communities are so different in the end we are friends. GO BIG ORANGE!!! ;D ;D Had to do it.

[quote name="BC28in80" post="787775" timestamp="1270762909"]
[glow=red,2,300]Picking BC in this one is sort of like picking Tiger against Mickelson - anything could happen but, dang, its Tiger!  How do you pick against him? [/glow]  That's how I feel about Hicks.  How do you pick against him?  I would take BC with him on the mound against anyone in the area.  If he doesn't get careless while ahead in the count against OF's two best hitters, he should shut them down.  I am partial being from BC but I know and like many of the OF guys also.  I hope it is a great game with good sportsmanship - from players and fans.  Appreciate it for what it is - one for the ages!  Good luck to both teams and GO BIG RED! ;D
[/quote]Yeah but Tiger is a cheater :D just kidding had to say it...Its going to be a good game..wish I could go...

Im gonna have to go with BC in this one. Since BC has moved down to 3a in 2001, OF has only beaten them one time. That was last year in the playoffs and it was basically a worthless win (BC won the series).  If I'm not mistaken, that is a record of 22-1 in BC's favor (playoffs in 2005 and 2009 included).  Although some very close games along the way, BC seemed to find a way to win.  Baseball is a very mental game. OF has to prove to themselves they can make it over the hump and win a game that counts against a pitcher that has dominated them.  Ill take BC in a close one 5-3 with Hicks throwing a complete game gem.

I bleed orange but the Cardinals are the champs until someone knocks them off that pedastal. I believe Orangefield has the better team 1-9, but it's a mind thing when it comes to this rivalry. Someone posted on here that Orangefield is like 1-20 against BC over the past several years, until my Bobcats believe they can and will win these games they are gonna struggle. I hope that changes tonight, both teams are gonna be fired up and I'm sure both teams will play with a lot of emotion. The key is Statum...he has to throw all of his pitches for strikes tonight, can't rely on his fast ball all night and has to keep the ball down in the zone. If he does that, Orangefield finds a way to win this game!!!

Go Cats!!!

OF 3
BC 2

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="788180" timestamp="1270844619"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=68290.msg788149#msg788149 date=1270840924]
Orangefield  6
Bridge City   3
[/quote]
Yeah, 6 runs off of Hicks. Your smart!
[/quote]

Statum is no bumb either. I see this being a very low scoring game. Goodluck to both teams.

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="788180" timestamp="1270844619"]
Orangefield  6
Bridge City   3
[/quote]
[/quote]

Make it 7 runs off of Hicks. ;)

Just missed the final score too. I guess I gave BC too much respect. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="788565" timestamp="1270871311"]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=68290.msg788180#msg788180 date=1270844619]
Orangefield  6
Bridge City   3
[/quote]
[/quote]

Make it 7 runs off Hicks ;)

[/quote]

I knew it was coming. Congrats, You are a baseball genius!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="788149" timestamp="1270840924"]
Orangefield  6
Bridge City   3
[/quote]

Not bad, you need to go to Vegas. ;D ;D

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="788571" timestamp="1270871619"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=68290.msg788565#msg788565 date=1270871311]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=68290.msg788180#msg788180 date=1270844619]
Orangefield  6
Bridge City   3
[/quote]
[/quote]

Make it 7 runs off Hicks ;)

[/quote]

I knew it was coming. Congrats, You are a baseball genius!
[/quote]

Thanks, Sir FootinMouth.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder