*Vidor @ Nederland/Nederland wins 5-0

Guest JoesBros

Let me clarify my comments. I am not saying Vidor wins this game by starting Hester, I just think they had a better chance of it. Better vibe going in with your #1 on the bump, batters not feeling pressure like they have to score several runs to win.

As for the errors, I agree, can't make that many and expect to win. But, in this case the errors really don't matter when you get no-hit. Vidor could have been flawless in the field last night but still would have lost because of them getting no-no'd by Bellow.

I can somewhat understand what Coach Green is doing in this sitiuation, but I'll stand by what I have said earlier. Vidor would still qualify for the playoffs by pitching Hester against the districts best teams. I just think it's too early in the district to be concerned about when to pitch who. I can understand if it was down to the final 2 or 3 games.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="785555" timestamp="1270215844"]
Let me clarify my comments. I am not saying Vidor wins this game by starting Hester, I just think they had a better chance of it. Better vibe going in with your #1 on the bump, batters not feeling pressure like they have to score several runs to win.

As for the errors, I agree, can't make that many and expect to win. But, in this case the errors really don't matter when you get no-hit. Vidor could have been flawless in the field last night but still would have lost because of them getting no-no'd by [glow=red,2,300]Bellows.[/glow]

I can somewhat understand what Coach Green is doing in this sitiuation, but I'll stand by what I have said earlier. Vidor would still qualify for the playoffs by pitching Hester against the districts best teams. I just think it's too early in the district to be concerned about when to pitch who. I can understand if it was down to the final 2 or 3 games.
[/quote]It is Bellow :D

First,  Mr. Armstrong, you pitched a gem.  Give the credit were it needs to be.  Call him #2, #3, or whatever you want to call him,  Vince had a no hitter going until the end of the fourth.  I’ve seen him pitch from when he was 9 to now and he is a VERY good pitcher.  The pitching duel was broken up because Vidor decided to start playing soccer instead of baseball by the way they booted the ball all over the field.  Not if Trae was pitching or not.  That has nothing to do with Green or the way he managed the team last night.  I might not agree with some of the thing Green does but [b][u]I AM NOT COACHING THE TEAM[/u][/b].  Keep up the good work Vince and Vidor "stop dropping the ball" or it won't make any difference who is pitching.

Ill take 5-2 going in to the second round with Trae on Tuesday schedule....When Vidor make the playoffs it gives Trae and extra few day to rest befor the first playoff game which can be very benificial. The bottom line is you want to get in the playoffs and win. You can look at alot of the past state champions in all sports...NOT ALL WERE DISTRICT CHAMPIONS. As for Mr. Aggies Are We, I really wouldn't second guess a coach who has got a program from the cellar to competing for a district playoff spot each year. Just because you didn't get to see what you wanted doesn't mean that it was the wrong move. By the way Coach Green is going to do what is best for Vidor baseball...not the beaumont suprise....not for the television stations, and not what some internet coach wants hom to do. Sit back enjoy the ride and watch the pirates not only get in the playoffs, but make a little noise.

[quote name="tupac7" post="785586" timestamp="1270220757"]
Ill take 5-2 going in to the second round with Trae on Tuesday schedule....When Vidor make the playoffs it gives Trae and extra few day to rest befor the first playoff game which can be very benificial. The bottom line is you want to get in the playoffs and win. You can look at alot of the past state champions in all sports...NOT ALL WERE DISTRICT CHAMPIONS. As for Mr. Aggies Are We, I really wouldn't second guess a coach who has got a program from the cellar to competing for a district playoff spot each year. Just because you didn't get to see what you wanted doesn't mean that it was the wrong move. By the way Coach Green is going to do what is best for Vidor baseball...not the beaumont suprise....not for the television stations, and not what some internet coach wants hom to do. Sit back enjoy the ride and watch the pirates not only get in the playoffs, but make a little noise.
[/quote]nice :o

Guest JoesBros
Here's the BoxScore from last night.

Vidor        0-Runs  0-Hits  5-Errors  1-Left on Base
Nederland  5-Runs 5-Hits   0-Hits    4-Left on Base

Kirby Bellow- O-Runs,O-Hits, 13-K's 2-BB's

Vincent Armstrong- 3-Runs,1-Hit, 3-BB's 1-K's (4 innings)
Trae Hester- 2-Runs, 4-Hits, 0-BB's, 0-K's (2 innings)

[quote name="JoesBros" post="785428" timestamp="1270177156"]
How you yall not know that Vidor would of still made 5 errors even if Hester started tonight??? That was the difference in this game. Errors in the field by the Pirates and Bellow pitching lights out. So dont throw critsim at Coach Green for not starting Hester. Trae had went way over the limit on his last outing against PNG and maybe he is also thinking about the kid's future and left arm.
[/quote]
i agree completely, the errors lost the game, and there were 2 more plays that could have easily been scored as errors. as for Coach Green, i'd take him over any coach in district, any day of the week

[quote name="tupac7" post="785586" timestamp="1270220757"]
[/quote]
yep, i'm pretty sure green cares about his team and his players alot more than what the media wants aggies
also, armstrong was carrying a no-no himself, it wasn't as pretty as bellow's but he was getting the job done, errors killed us, not armstrong
our bats do need to heat up a bit though

Guest JoesBros
Vincent Armstrong looked real good last night I thought. The only reason he got into that bases loaded jam was because of two errors. He came back in the 6th and took care of business. He's a solid pitcher and I was impressed with his performance last night.

[b]All coaches are second guessed all the time, no matter what. If a coach can't handle being second guessed, he needs to find another profession.[/b]

I already said I applauded coach Green's decision to not start Hester as some type of mind game. It just didn't work the way he planned. It's not the end of the season for Vidor by a long shot. I think the main thing is that most people who love baseball wanted to see the showdown between these two great pitchers and were denied that by coach Green. Just the way it is. Nothing wrong with feeling that way at all.

What do you do for a living? Let me come to your job and second guess you on how you mowed that yard.  Yes you touched a nerve.  We put our lives and families on the back burner so we can coach kids and the game we love.  This is our job, not a hobby that we get to do after we finish our "real" job at 5:00.  I know that is what we choose to do and I can handle being second guessed, because no other job is put out there for all to see the results.  But, it's not fair for you to sit there behind a screen name and judge or question someone that is around his kids all the time and knows what is best for his team.  I promise you, KG is one of the best coaches in this area and he does everything within his power to make sure that his kids are prepared night in and night out.  Vidor will be there in the end and this will all be a distant memory.

[quote author=baddog link=topic=68027.msg785648#msg785648 date=1270228295]
[b]All coaches are second guessed all the time, no matter what. If a coach can't handle being second guessed, he needs to find another profession.[/b]

[quote name="bulldog16" post="785659" timestamp="1270233872"]
What do you do for a living? Let me come to your job and second guess you on how you mowed that yard.  Yes you touched a nerve.  We put our lives and families on the back burner so we can coach kids and the game we love.  This is our job, not a hobby that we get to do after we finish our "real" job at 5:00.  I know that is what we choose to do and[b] I can handle being second guessed[/b], because no other job is put out there for all to see the results.  But, it's not fair for you to sit there behind a screen name and judge or question someone that is around his kids all the time and knows what is best for his team.  I promise you, KG is one of the best coaches in this area and he does everything within his power to make sure that his kids are prepared night in and night out.  Vidor will be there in the end and this will all be a distant memory.

[/quote]

Obviously you can't or you wouldn't have jumped me. Whether or not to start Hester made for a lot of second guessing. No one has questioned the dedication of the coaches to the kids, but this is what they always fall back on. I never said anything about Green not being a good coach. Don't put words in my mouth.

Try watching ESPN on NFL draft day....talk about second guessing.....and don't lie, you do it too.

I inspect parts for a manufacturing firm......fire away.

[quote name="baddog" post="785665" timestamp="1270234690"]
[quote author=bulldog16 link=topic=68027.msg785659#msg785659 date=1270233872]
What do you do for a living? Let me come to your job and second guess you on how you mowed that yard.  Yes you touched a nerve.  We put our lives and families on the back burner so we can coach kids and the game we love.  This is our job, not a hobby that we get to do after we finish our "real" job at 5:00.  I know that is what we choose to do and[b] I can handle being second guessed[/b], because no other job is put out there for all to see the results.  But, it's not fair for you to sit there behind a screen name and judge or question someone that is around his kids all the time and knows what is best for his team.  I promise you, KG is one of the best coaches in this area and he does everything within his power to make sure that his kids are prepared night in and night out.  Vidor will be there in the end and this will all be a distant memory.

[/quote]

Obviously you can't or you wouldn't have jumped me. Whether or not to start Hester made for a lot of second guessing. No one has questioned the dedication of the coaches to the kids, but this is what they always fall back on. I never said anything about Green not being a good coach. Don't put words in my mouth.

[b]Try watching ESPN on NFL draft day....talk about second guessing.....and don't lie, you do it too.[/b]

I inspect parts for a manufacturing firm......fire away.
[/quote]
Don't give a rat's rear end about NFL draft day.....
So you've NEVER been second guessed because you thought a part was the right decision, in your expert opinion, and some one else had a different opinion?

wow!! everyone just needs to take a chillpill nederland was just better than vidor period!!!! hester or anyone else on the mound . our bats are just better  our defense was lookin real good but then again we didnt need one kirby was the man.coach green knew that big ned could hit hester and i applaud him for making the change it worked well for three full innings. kid pitched well but second time through it got tough as it should great game by both .now can we just move on!! please!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83