Lady Raiders vs Lady Bulldogs

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDRSCR08 described the game perfectly.  Gabe your wrong .  Simple.   Please continue to point out errors on spelling and  deleting all the post you dont agree with and show everyone how you control the board now.   That makes FF look like a hero and he succeeds in what he is trying to do. To anger people.  He is in fact correct.  He wrote nothing horrible in the post you erased.  He said the road to the final four goes thru Friendswood.  So until someone changes that, he in fact is correct.  Had Nederland won would you have been so angry, or had a PNG person written the same thing would it have been taken down. NOPE. We do not have to engage with FF.  Ignore it and be done with it.  Bullets did not call out the moderator.  Gabe had already admitted he took it down before Bullets said it.  The girls game at Lumberton was great, entertaining and the best 4 dollars for soccer I spent this season.  Congrats to the Lady Raiders.  I PULLED IT DOWN.. SORRY NOT GABE.. I didnt think I needed to say a couple of things in it and plus I didnt use spell check and .... well might get pointed out i cant spell

I'm with Oldtimer and Newbie on the fan behavior.  There could be an incentive for good fan behavior that would affect the hs teams...their activity fund or something.  I have seen that work...the coach or some one affiliated with the school applies pressure to the (mainly)parents to stay within certain boundaries. 

Congratulations to Lumberton for their win, and Nederland for their hard work! Some terrific soccer was played on both sides.  I believe that most of our area teams (girls) do not have too many seniors, so we will be seeing a lot more good soccer next year.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="783187" timestamp="1269741232"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=67823.msg783120#msg783120 date=1269727813]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=67823.msg782925#msg782925 date=1269691444]
To the Moderators:

Why was my post deleted?  Nothing in it violated your rules?

FF
[/quote]

wasn't me.  you and i have gone at it several times before, and i've never taken one of your posts down.  last night's wasn't even directed at me :)  oh, just went back and saw gabe took it down. 
[/quote]

Isn't this a violation of the "Moderators' Code" or something?  Com' on - one Mod doesn't give up another Mod this way, do they?
[/quote]

gabe posted that he did it on here.  i didn't give anybody up.  if he hadn't said anything on this thread, there would've been no way of me knowing.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="sharkfutbol" post="782967" timestamp="1269699669"]
Again I am against sensorship. 
[/quote]

Against censorship?? Then most definitely stay OUT of the [i]basketball forum[/i], whatever you do!

What is the deal with Fan Behavier.  Our fathers have benn hollering at umpire's and ref's for over 100 years.  The word Fan comes from the word Fanatic.  We aren't at church or a funeral, its a sporting event.  It's not like people are dropping "F" bombs all over the place around little children and grandmothers.  They are just emotional about there team.  What if you were at an Astro, Texan, Rocket, or Dynamo game and it was quit for the entire contest.....boring.  Lighten up people. 

Also in regards to the Lum-Ned game, I haven't heard much about the ref's other then the one commemt from the 'high' Ned fan about Ned dominating the game.  I thought is was one of the best refed games I have seen in the GoldenTriagle area.  Ned has played like that for the 4 years I watched when my dadughter played and were unluckly to get a group of ref's that weren't going to put up with it.  I feel sorry for the student athletes because they are just doing what they are being taught.

Coach Hopson since taking over the girls program has done great things. This season was suppose to be a rebuilding year and now they are playing for a chance to go to state. If hes not the best coach in the area then who is? congrats lady raiders

Three more games to win for a trip to Georgetown for the state tournament...then two more wins to be state champion...the playoff road is a long one!

Regarding the referees, I was glad to see a younger crew...we need to get some young people to ref in all sports...the center ref maintained her composure and had pretty good control of the match.  For those who have commented that it was a rough game??? Both teams played hard and somewhat physical...I have seen plenty of matches more physical than that one.

My biggest question is regarding the handling of the ball...in the penalty box a player handled the ball and it was let go...less than a minute later, near the midfield, a player handled the ball in an identical fashion and it was called...to me, the ref blew that one...why are soccer refs unable to make "gutsy" calls?  If it's illegal in the midfield area, then it's illegal in the box. Refs should call it the same from the beginning of the game until the very end.

Enough about that.  It will be interesting to see how Lumberton does against Midway.

Lumberton does not have a chance against Midway. You can't expect to beat such a strong team when you lose to the best local teams such as PNG. 3-0 was the score, and in no way was it close to being the other way around. Nederland is a better team than Lumberton, they just got unlucky with putting the ball in the back of the net. The shots on goal were something like 24-4, Nederland. The Lady Raiders were faced with a district runner-up Nederland for their sectional round, who PNG also beat 3-0 and 3-1. So out of these three teams, Lumberton is the last one that would actually have a chance at achieving success in this coming up round. If Lumberton were to have faced a more difficult team in the sectional round they would already be out, without question. Any team out of the the Dallas area will only embarrass them. That being said, I wouldn't say the Lumberton coach is the best in the area, or even close. A good coach? Yes. Best? No. I predict a 9-0 game.. if not worse.

Guest Newbie
I agree.  I really wish we were wrong but I don't see Lumberton getting past the next round.  They got lucky with their path to the playoffs, not their fault.  Midway will spend a lot of time passing the ball around just to keep the score decent.

Frogger how can you say he is not even close? the last 3 years since taking the job he has managed to elevate the program to where it is now. This years team is extremely young and was told by many that they would be rebuilding after losing players like Randi Paine, Meg Johnston and Alex Mitchell just to name a few. I understand you might be jealous or just not know much about Coach Hopson  and thats understandable but he is the best coach in south east texas.

Guest Newbie
Best women's coach in this area IMHO is Aimee Bates, and that includes 3a/4a/5a/TAPPS.  She has done so much with the talent she has.  She runs the game and adapts based on the dynamics of the game.

BB hardly needs me to defend her, but you say that Kelly did "okay"?  This coming from a PNG fan?  A team that habitually plays a WEAK schedule, piling up individual and team statisitics against very undermanned opponents instead of getting prepared -- really prepared -- for the post season, and then makes its usual early exit from the playoffs.  I'll take BB and the Kelly girls any day!

Guest Newbie
[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="783435" timestamp="1269827918"]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=67823.msg783433#msg783433 date=1269826740]
It would be fun to see Kelly and PNG play against each other and switch coaches, one time.  See what happens.  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

What's your point?  It sounds like you are saying that PNG has no talent.  Are you?
[/quote]
Read my post.  I meant what I said.  PNG has a couple, maybe 3 excellent players. 

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="782990" timestamp="1269703515"]
First of all, last night's game was epic. I would have considered it a great game if it had gone either way but I am glad that Lumberton won. One thing I am wondering about though, in football before the game they talk about good sportsmanship from the players AND the fans and students, where does that go to by soccer season? Although last nights game was rough and should have had at least one more red card than there was, that gives noone the right to boo these young ladies and I heard that on our side. Also, it is inappropriate to congratulate a player who makes a flagrant foul. That being said, UIL, maybe you should consider requiring the sportsmanship speech before soccer games too. Good luck Lady Raiders, bring it home for us so maybe FF will finally shut up.
[/quote]

why do you care so much what the crowds do?

From my point of view in the stands.  There is NO WAY that nederland took more than six shots in that game.  And lumberton the same.  In what is considered a shot.  I can think of Lumberton having six shots and I do not remember Nederland having many more than that.  As for what Lumberton did against PnG at the beginnning of the season.  I lose lots of early season games trying to find the rite combination to win the games that matter.  District and playoffs games.    Hit your stride at the rite time.  Looks like lumberton girls hit theirs and have made it to the fourth round.  So looks like they are the best team in this area at this time.  PnG had an amazing season and should be proud.  And FF is pretty accurate in that BB At Kelly is a very good coach and does the rite stuff.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder